Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Slate writer claims 'woke' is a racial slur when used by non-black people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    You could have been opposed to nationalized heath care even decades before the Clinton's tried to push it through but if you opposed Obamacare then the only reason you did so was because you're racist.

It took the late night comics a couple years to screw up the courage to finally poke fun at Obama in any way at all because if they did they would have been branded as racists.
    And when the "comics" finally did poke fun at him, it was more in the vein of good natured ribbing than the mean-spirited barbs that were directed at GW Bush and especially Trump.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And when the "comics" finally did poke fun at him, it was more in the vein of good natured ribbing than the mean-spirited barbs that were directed at GW Bush and especially Trump.
      And got fact checked by Washington Post, like they did a Saturday Night Live skit about his EOs. They brought up how his orders regarding immigration might be unconstitutional -- something even Obama brought up -- and the WaPo fact checked a comedy bit (not the only time). Actually, the last few sentences of it expose the motivation:

If there is a court challenge, it would, in any event, go on for years, perhaps into the next president's term.

And so what matters most for Obama's action is public opinion, and what his successor does. The SNL skit, in that sense, doesn't help him.

It was never over whether it was accurate but whether it would help the Obamessiah.

IOW, one can only tell a joke if it didn't harm Obama.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment