Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is CDC moving toward forever masking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
    Recap:

​​​​​​

To clarify: I'm perfectly willing to make sacrifices for the good of the general public if I have to (i.e. if the government requires it).

But some people get all bent out of shape if the government requires them to make sacrifices for the good of the general public.

Fortunately, there weren't as many of them around in the 1940s.
    So, you got suckered into thinking this is equivalent to the 1940s, eh?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yup, you're drinking the koolaid. (They're not infusing it through an IV, are they?)

When the Great Potentate mandates masks, and he's in a crowd full of people that he has no idea are vaccinated or not --- it is hypocrisy personified.
      Why shouldn't he have expected them to be vaccinated? It's not like it was a Republican event...

Comment

No, I'm just saying if the events of the 1940s happened with the currently popular attitudes, the outcome would probably have been different.

Comment

Why shouldn't he have expected them to be vaccinated? It's not like it was a Republican event...
          Wow.... so EVERY person who wants to have their picture taken with the current President is a Democrat, and every Democrat is fully vaccinated.

Are you aware that some of the biggest opposition to vaccination comes from African-Americans, who vote overwhelmingly Democrat?

Your logic really sucks, but I have to give you this -- you ARE a True Follower of the Dear Leader.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Recap:

​​​​​​

To clarify: I'm perfectly willing to make sacrifices for the good of the general public if I have to (i.e. if the government requires it).

But some people get all bent out of shape if the government requires them to make sacrifices for the good of the general public.

Fortunately, there weren't as many of them around in the 1940s.
            So only if the government requires it? then you are not actually concerned with their health, just being a good government sheep. Got it. Actually caring for people by not eating in a restaurant without a mask is too much to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              So only if the government requires it?
              If the government doesn't require it, then people who don't do it are benefiting from it just as much as people who do it. The marginal effort is greater than the marginal reward, and anyone who puts out that effort is just a fool.

then you are not actually concerned with their health, just being a good government sheep.
              I'm not concerned enough about the health of the people in the restaurant to stop eating in restaurants. I am concerned enough about the public welfare to follow the rules the government sets up in order to end the pandemic sooner.

I consider government rules to be the best answer to free riders, those who don't participate in the solution, but reap the benefits of the efforts of others.

Got it. Actually caring for people by not eating in a restaurant without a mask is too much to ask.
              Have you ever tried eating through a mask? I would sooner just stop eating in restaurants, and I see no good reason to give up that privilege.

Comment

So here's your dear leader in Baltimore this week, where he was SURROUNDED by adoring subjects not wearing masks, not practicing social distancing, himself not wearing a mask. This is the hypocrisy you are following.

biden no mask.jpg

The video was even better - all kinds of people crowding in for selfies, only ONE guy in the crowd wearing a mask.
                The only folks you ever see wearing a mask around Biden is staff or servants. You know, the sorta people the elite get off on pushing around.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Some folks are looking wistfully back with fond memories

images.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Has this been mentioned yet? Scary. Will Austria assign the unvaccinated with some sort of pin-on stars?

Comment

• Meanwhile in this article, many epidemiologists suggest January 2022 could be a reasonable time to end school mask mandates. That makes sense to me, assuming we don't have a terrible winter wave.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/12/10538...k-requirements
                      Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

• Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
                        Meanwhile in this article, many epidemiologists suggest January 2022 could be a reasonable time to end school mask mandates. That makes sense to me, assuming we don't have a terrible winter wave.

What a GREAT New Year's Resolution --- I will declare my independence and burn my masks!

Comment

• Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
                          Meanwhile in this article, many epidemiologists suggest January 2022 could be a reasonable time to end school mask mandates. That makes sense to me, assuming we don't have a terrible winter wave.

You left out the part it's the carrot they're using to get them jabbed.

And then since they promised no more masks after adults got jabbed, then flip-flopped on that, we would expect nothing to be any different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That's what you're calling that stuff these days?
                            You're never gonna let me live down putting Vodka into that Binaca breath spray container back in 3rd grade, are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

No, I'm just saying if the events of the 1940s happened with the currently popular attitudes, the outcome would probably have been different.
                              Polio was deadly and the complications were horrific (Paralysis Iron lung etc) what's more is that it was deadlier on a substantially higher number of people than this current virus. Also I need to note, this virus is treatable 99.5 percent of the time when caught early. The trouble is, doctors offices turn away patients and refuse to treat them early. Even with basic medicines like albuterol and steroids to control inflammation and open up the lungs. If they wanted to reduce the death rate, they are doing an excellent job of increasing it.
                              Anecdotally I have heard 15 stories of people headed to their drs offices with symptoms (some were covid some mimicked covid) only to be turned away from treatment until they could "produce a negative covid test" Political opinion and not reality is what is causing the current issues.
                              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post

Polio was deadly and the complications were horrific (Paralysis Iron lung etc) what's more is that it was deadlier on a substantially higher number of people than this current virus. Also I need to note, this virus is treatable 99.5 percent of the time when caught early. The trouble is, doctors offices turn away patients and refuse to treat them early. Even with basic medicines like albuterol and steroids to control inflammation and open up the lungs. If they wanted to reduce the death rate, they are doing an excellent job of increasing it.
                                Anecdotally I have heard 15 stories of people headed to their drs offices with symptoms (some were covid some mimicked covid) only to be turned away from treatment until they could "produce a negative covid test" Political opinion and not reality is what is causing the current issues.

That's terrible. They should be sending those people to an area where they are prepared to deal with covid patients, not shun them.

Comment