Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Stock Market - Maxine Waters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    So he'll be inheriting Obama's mess, then?
    The U.S. economy has recovered from the 2008 crash faster than any major country affected by it. If you want to call that the Obama mess, fine, call it what you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Sure you can.

That's not even hard.
      You should send your plan to the republican congress Tea, they haven't come up with anything legit for 25 years. "Thats not even hard". You're so funny. Btw, just wondering, who do you think your crazy Governor is going to appoint to replace Jeff Sessions in the Senate. Himself maybe? Timing is everything eh!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        You should send your plan to the republican congress Tea, they haven't come up with anything legit for 25 years. "Thats not even hard". You're so funny. Btw, just wondering, who do you think your crazy Governor is going to appoint to replace Jeff Sessions in the Senate. Himself maybe? Timing is everything eh!

He has both the Senate and the House.
        Repeal, then enact. Or repeal in part (more likely). Rocket science it is not.

I'm pretty sure Bentley can't appoint himself - but if you wanna check, I'm sure the 1901 Constitution is online. We can discuss it in eight years when you finish reading it.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

No offense, but apparently you wouldn't be able to tell if the economy had or had not improved since 2008 even if the facts of the matter hit you in the face.
          So, in the face of patriotism over party, you offer insults? You might want to consider rethinking that.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

He has both the Senate and the House.
            Repeal, then enact. Or repeal in part (more likely). Rocket science it is not.
            Enact what is the question. You don't just repeal and enact, you have to have a workable plan first and like I said, republicans have no real plan, never have had one, and they certainly don't have any idea in the making that would support those things they say they like, and Trump says he will keep, that are in Obamacare.
            I'm pretty sure Bentley can't appoint himself - but if you wanna check, I'm sure the 1901 Constitution is online. We can discuss it in eight years when you finish reading it.
            Yes, it is within the Governors power to appoint whoever he wants to fill the Senate seat, including himself, and it would nicely get him out of that fix he finds himself in down there in Alabama. I believe they're talking impeachment, no?

Comment

You are a pig.

He's assuming you don't like the excessively, looks like they just came off stage, make up on pigs, seeing as you probably are considering asking one out.

At least, that's what it sounded like he meant.
              Well, I don't like that look - but that's what people try to do when they want to make something look better than it really does.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

And you believe Trump when he and the republicans say that they are going to repeal and replace Obamacare with something great. Trump vows to keep parts of Obamacare such as "pre-existing conditions" and " children remaining on their parents insurance until age 26". Only trouble is, those parts of the law are upheld by the whole of the law, and so you can't have those parts of the law without the whole law.

...Thus the "replace" language, eh?

He will just get congress to write back in the parts he wants to keep. The Republican already has a basic plan that they wanted to use back when Obama was pushing his agenda. It already contains some of the same bits as the current ACA. Repeal and Replace.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  So he'll be inheriting Obama's mess, then?
                  But you don't DARE "Blame Obama", or you're a racist.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    Surely you mean the Hillary and the extreme left together WITH God put Trump in office.
                    No, I don't mean that at all, nor have I said or implied that.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The U.S. economy has recovered from the 2008 crash faster than any major country affected by it. If you want to call that the Obama mess, fine, call it what you will.
                      Jimmy, you really need to unsubscribe from those liberal echo chamber talking point sites -- you know, the ones that assured you Hillary would win?

Seven Years Later, Recovery Remains the Weakest of the Post-World War II Era

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Jimmy, you really need to unsubscribe from those liberal echo chamber talking point sites -- you know, the ones that assured you Hillary would win?

Obviously, it is Bush's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          How is that incompatible with my answer?
                          It seemed to imply more lipstick would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            No matter what happens or what Trump does, liberals are going to call it evil. Trump could give us another Reagan economy, and the left would still find something to complain about.
                            That sounds exactly like how many conservatives reacted under Obama.
                            Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

We had the worst recession in the post WW2 era, worst since the depression. Did you think this was going to be the fastest recovery? Why wouldn't you expect the worst recession to have the slowest recovery? Please step out of your echo chamber.
                              Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

But you don't DARE "Blame Obama", or you're a racist.
                                Well, duh! The only conceivable reason for ever possibly opposing anything that Obama wanted to do is because you're a virulent racist who keeps a large cross wrapped in kerosene soaked rags under your trailer just itching to stick it in someone's yard and light it afire. It is unpossible that you might just simply disagree over policy.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment