Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How to make a Snowflake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a Snowflake

This woman basically scared her 7 year old with "Trump is the Racist Boogie Man" stories and now that he won, she tries to calm him down and "keep him safe"
    http://lifehacker.com/how-i-talked-t...8Lifehacker%29

What a hypocrite...
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

How is a kid like that ever going to survive in the real world? This is a serious question.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

At least some people still have some sense in this world. Here's one of the responses to the article which hits the nail on the head:

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          At least some people still have some sense in this world. Here's one of the responses to the article which hits the nail on the head:
          Yeah!

Comment

He immediately scrunched up his eyes and opened his mouth and wailed heavenward.
            Seems like a reaction I've seen a lot among sports fans who don't like the result of a play or of a referee's decision. If you're looking for stories about "snowflakes" in the wake of this election, You could find so many better examples.

When all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. When your only narrative about Trump voters is that they're racist sexist homophobes, that's all you're gonna see. When your only narrative about young people is "special snowflakes," that's all you're gonna see.
            Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

How is a kid like that ever going to survive in the real world? This is a serious question.
              Nothing from the quote presented suggests this kid is a particularly egregious example of oversensitive millennials (pretty sure modern preteens aren't millennials anyway, but whatever), and isn't the common criticism that the millennials are acting like little kids? Meaning behavior that you'd excuse from little kids is now common among young adults? A kid is acting like a kid, big whoop.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                Seems like a reaction I've seen a lot among sports fans who don't like the result of a play or of a referee's decision. If you're looking for stories about "snowflakes" in the wake of this election, You could find so many better examples.

When all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. When your only narrative about Trump voters is that they're racist sexist homophobes, that's all you're gonna see. When your only narrative about young people is "special snowflakes," that's all you're gonna see.
                There are plenty of great young people - they just tend not to stand out, because it's not all about them.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Nothing from the quote presented suggests this kid is a particularly egregious example of oversensitive millennials (pretty sure modern preteens aren't millennials anyway, but whatever), and isn't the common criticism that the millennials are acting like little kids? Meaning behavior that you'd excuse from little kids is now common among young adults? A kid is acting like a kid, big whoop.
                  That's not a kid acting like a kid, that's a kid acting like an entitled brat. If you have a kid who acts like that when something doesn't go his way then you've failed as a parent.

Comment

They won't.
                    Try not to lose sleep over it.
                    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

No this was not an extreme example. It was actually a fairly low key one. A loving mom who is worried about her child and wants to protect him. On that level she is a good mom, right?

But that is how we are in this mess today with our kids who throw fits when things don't go their way, or shrink into shaking fear-wracked balls with a need of a safe place. Moms who sheltered their kids too much, telling them they are perfect and everyone else is mean and they will keep them safe.

After of course, filling their heads with fear and scary stories about homophobic, racist, evil Trumps who are the next thing to Hitler and is probably the coming anti-Christ.

there you have it, the recipe for a snowflake. Sheltered, spoiled brats who think they are the center of the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                        They won't.
                        Try not to lose sleep over it.
                        I'm trying not to, but that generation's allegedly going to be providing me with social security payments.
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          This woman basically scared her 7 year old with "Trump is the Racist Boogie Man" stories and now that he won, she tries to calm him down and "keep him safe"
                          http://lifehacker.com/how-i-talked-t...8Lifehacker%29
                          And this is a white woman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            No this was not an extreme example. It was actually a fairly low key one. A loving mom who is worried about her child and wants to protect him. On that level she is a good mom, right?

But that is how we are in this mess today with our kids who throw fits when things don't go their way, or shrink into shaking fear-wracked balls with a need of a safe place. Moms who sheltered their kids too much, telling them they are perfect and everyone else is mean and they will keep them safe.

After of course, filling their heads with fear and scary stories about homophobic, racist, evil Trumps who are the next thing to Hitler and is probably the coming anti-Christ.

there you have it, the recipe for a snowflake. Sheltered, spoiled brats who think they are the center of the universe.
                            Let's be real, any parent who has a young child who reacts like this to the outcome of a presidential election has seriously screwed up somewhere along the way. There is absolutely no reason for a child to break down into hysterics just because Trump won. And this mom isn't the only one to have her kid react this way as I've mentioned a couple of my wife's Facebook friends who related similar experiences. I just can't imagine the kind of absurd liberal indoctrination they've been feeding their children to inspire this sort of irrational behavior.

Comment

Let's be real, any parent who has a young child who reacts like this to the outcome of a presidential election has seriously screwed up somewhere along the way. There is absolutely no reason for a child to break down into hysterics just because Trump won. And this mom isn't the only one to have her kid react this way as I've mentioned a couple of my wife's Facebook friends who related similar experiences. I just can't imagine the kind of absurd liberal indoctrination they've been feeding their children to inspire this sort of irrational behavior.
                              What exactly in the child's behavior as described in the link qualifies as "breaking down into hysterics?"

Comment