Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Marijuana Legalization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    could have been the end of the depression too. People had more stuff and didn't have to steal and kill for it.
    The Great Depression started in 1929 and ended in 1939.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Crooks will be crooks. My point is that one of the arguments I kept hearing for legalizing pot is that it would put the drug dealers out of business and crime would go down. Right. Just like legalizing alcohol stopped the mob. Crooks will just move on to other crimes. Or undercut the legal versions of booze or pot or cigarettes or whatever product consumers want.

About the only real argument is that you can probably trust the legal versions of the drugs more than you can the illegal versions. You never know what you will be getting when you buy booze, cigarettes or pot on a street corner.
      I think crime goes down as possession becomes legal. I haven't heard it discussed in terms of dealing. That said, the line between possession and possession with intent to sell has been so low as to be almost the same thing afaict.
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment