Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obama tells illegal aliens to vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Actually, Obama just admitted that he really was talking about illegal aliens voting.
    Another remedial Elementary level English lesson required here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Ah, so this is one of those "I was wrong, but not really" sort of admissions.
      That correct.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        No, he said that legal citizens who vote can represent their illegal relatives who cannot vote, and have no fear that immigration will come and deport any illegals at your residence, because you as a citizen voted. Read the whole interview.

Your biased misrepresentation of the interview is dishonest and unethical and represents Trump's methods of smearing people who oppose him.

Source: http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/06/obama-latinos-vote-give-undocumented-family-members-voice/

So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us? first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself, and there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

© Copyright Original Source

He specifically refers to a 'citizen' who votes.
        In response to someone who was calling illegal aliens "undocumented citizens" and "citizens." Notice that he made no effort to correct that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          Another remedial Elementary level English lesson required here.
          Coming from someone who had to fabricate a quote to get him to say what you wanted him to say

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Update:

source

13% of 20 million people is getting close to the 3 million figure cited by Trump. It is a small sample size, but what percentage of people are likely to admit to committing a felony when asked?
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Update:

source

13% of 20 million people is getting close to the 3 million figure cited by Trump. It is a small sample size, but what percentage of people are likely to admit to committing a felony when asked?
              I find it telling that the MSM simply declares that non-citizens and other ineligible people voting is B.S. without investigating it in order to demonstrate it is B.S. (you know, like what reporters and journalists are supposed to do). It's almost like they're afraid what they'd uncover.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I find it telling that the MSM simply declares that non-citizens and other ineligible people voting is B.S. without investigating it in order to demonstrate it is B.S. (you know, like what reporters and journalists are supposed to do). It's almost like they're afraid what they'd uncover.
                How many times does it have to be investigated, found to be false, before it sinks into the claiments brains, that it is false? Trump knows its false, he doesn't care, he's pathological, he lies about everything. Why? Because he knows you'll believe anything.

Comment

Meanwhile, they continue to pour countless resources into stories about Russia despite that narrative being a big, fat dud.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    How many times does it have to be investigated, found to be false, before it sinks into the claiments brains, that it is false? Trump knows its false, he doesn't care, he's pathological, he lies about everything. Why? Because he knows you'll believe anything.
                    That's kind of the point. None of these so-called journalists have really bothered to actually investigate it but instead prefer to just pronounce it a false claim.

Comment

That's kind of the point. None of these so-called journalists have really bothered to actually investigate it but instead prefer to just pronounce it a false claim.
                      Its been in the courts many times in many places and the charges have always been found to be unjustified. Its a republican ruse to suppress the democratic vote every time. Trumps claims of 3 miilion illegal voters is ridiculous without an inkling of proof, and study after study has shown there to be no significant voter fraud taking place. So your side, if they actually have any proof of any voter fraud, has to either put up or shut up.

Comment

Its been in the courts many times in many places and the charges have always been found to be unjustified. Its a republican ruse to suppress the democratic vote every time. Trumps claims of 3 miilion illegal voters is ridiculous without an inkling of proof, and study after study has shown there to be no significant voter fraud taking place. So your side, if they actually have any proof of any voter fraud, has to either put up or shut up.
                        Ironic that YOU, of all people, would demand proof for something. How about proffering a shred of proof that your opening sentence is anything more than a fantasy?
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Ironic that YOU, of all people, would demand proof for something. How about proffering a shred of proof that your opening sentence is anything more than a fantasy?
                          Okay oh ignorant one, here you go. Perhaps if you would actually critically search for truth once in a while rather than living in the fantasy world of right wing propaganda you might not be so ignorant.
                          http://www.brennancenter.org/issues/voter-fraud
                          Last edited by JimL; 02-18-2017, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Okay oh ignorant one, here you go. Perhaps if you would actually critically search for truth once in a while rather than living in the fantasy world of right wing propaganda you might not be so ignorant.
                            http://www.brennancenter.org/issues/voter-fraud
                            From 2007? I appreciate your attempt, though.
                            sigpic

Comment

From 2007? I appreciate your attempt, though.
                              That study was in response to claims of voter fraud 12 years ago in the same way the ignorant are complaining about it now. Nothing has changed. The problem is that nothing is going to convince you because facts don't matter to you, you simply believe what you want to believe, and that is all there is to it. Now maybe you'll understand why I don't always go out of my way to convince you by citing a source, I know how your mind works, or should I say, doesn't work. If you are truly interested in the truth, you can find the sources easily enough.
                              Here is more recent report for you since you are to inept to find it yourself

http://www.brennancenter.org/analysi...ter-fraud-myth
                              Last edited by JimL; 02-18-2017, 06:10 PM.

Comment

That study was in response to claims of voter fraud 12 years ago in the same way the ignorant are complaining about it now. Nothing has changed.
                                Well, except for Obama encouraging illegal aliens to vote.
                                The problem is that nothing is going to convince you because facts don't matter to you, you simply believe what you want to believe, and that is all there is to it. Now maybe you'll understand why I don't always go out of my way to convince you by citing a source, I know how your mind works, or should I say, doesn't work. If you are truly interested in the truth, you can find the sources easily enough.
                                Here is more recent report for you since you are to inept to find it yourself

http://www.brennancenter.org/analysi...ter-fraud-myth
                                I appreciate your attempt to back up your assertion with facts. The "seminal study" is from 10 years ago. The next link down talks about people prosecuted for voter fraud. As I keep on clicking links, they continue to focus on prosecutions for voter fraud. The poll I studied alone yields more admissions of illegally registering to vote than the sum total of accusations of voter fraud documented in the links. An unbiased person would conclude that there's little downside to voting illegally, since one is exceedingly unlikely to be prosecuted for it. It's not like poll workers are likely to know that Mr. X is fraudulently registered to vote, and there's about a zero percent chance that a poll worker is going to check to see if a voter is registered somewhere else as well. Your proffered "studies" are pretty much as rogue06 describes - eyes wide shut.
                                sigpic

Comment