Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

An obstetrician's opinion

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    As far as I can ascertain no such large randomized control trials have yet been undertaken and while it is generally accepted that DUS has no deleterious effect on foetal development, there remain unanswered questions.
    So, let's start with this little ball of poo.

Try your best to explain how this is relevant to a pregnancy center offering a sonogram (or equivalent) by a trained professional to show the pregnant woman what is inside her body?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Gave you an Antipode map.
      Ah! I had included a link to an interactive one in my footnote.

https://www.antipodesmap.com/

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Let's see if you have the maturity and mental acuity to actually state what it is you meant.
        I recommend you actually read what I have written to you in past replies on this thread, rather than dashing off these somewhat emotional posts.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

I recommend you actually read what I have written to you in past replies on this thread, rather than dashing off these somewhat emotional posts.
          Translation --- "I messed up so bad I can't actually restate what it was I thought I said originally".

No --- try again. Try to actually make a cogent argument regarding the "danger" of using sonograms in pregnancy counselling.

Comment

• https://www.cochrane.org/CD007529/PR...-complications
            Current evidence suggests that the use of Doppler ultrasound on the umbilical artery in high-risk pregnancies reduces the risk of perinatal deaths and may result in fewer obstetric interventions. The results should be interpreted with caution, as the evidence is not of high quality.
            The "evidence is not of high quality" arises from too small a sample group.
            This article refers to DUS being used where difficulties needing investigation have previously been noted. Still looking for something that shows DUS is routinely used.

ETA
            And - found one. So I rescind my earlier comment about DUS not being routinely used.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Ah! I had included a link to an interactive one in my footnote.

https://www.antipodesmap.com/
              I was more interested in seeing how the whole globe looked. Turns out there is very little land/land antipodes

Comment

I was more interested in seeing how the whole globe looked. Turns out there is very little land/land antipodes
                Yeah, I gave it another look --- kinda like those pictures at the mall years ago where you had to kinda squint or look at them cross-eyed, then everything becomes clear.

Comment

Yeah, I gave it another look --- kinda like those pictures at the mall years ago where you had to kinda squint or look at them cross-eyed, then everything becomes clear.
                  I guess I should have labeled it. It made sense to me because I knew what I was looking at (since I googled antipode map). It's amazing how quickly context can make muddied stuff seem clear.

(Amazing that some posters ignore context when they are 'confused' by what someone wrote.)

Comment

Maybe that's why "they" always said "keep digging that hole, you'll come out in China". :smile

Comment

Come on, H_A, at least show that you're not ALWAYS a

You started down the path of being against sonograms because, supposedly, they're somehow dangerous. I think maybe you've begun to realize what a really bad argument this was, and just can't bring yourself to say, "OK, let's drop that - bad idea".

Now, I know I didn't word the above as "precisely" as you would like to pretend you stated originally, so do that thing where you "clarify" what you meant.

I predict a major fail.

Comment

• To use a technique employed by others

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        If I had actually read what Hypatia_Alexandria wrote to me over several replies, I would not now be demanding answers to topics already addressed.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke

You'd look less ish and a little more adult if you'd simply answer the questions asked.
                          You would look a little more astute and more mature if you went back and read my previous replies to you.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

To use a technique employed by others

You'd look less ​ish and a little more adult if you'd simply answer the questions asked.

Why did you bring up the issue of alleged sonogram problems?

Comment

You would look a little more astute and more mature if you went back and read my previous replies to you.
                              OH, I get it... you FORGOT what you wrote, and want ME to do your homework!!!!

Let the reader note that H_A, after declaring she would not longer respond, appears to have modified that to "I won't respond with anything of substance".

Comment

You'd look less ​ish and a little more adult if you'd simply answer the questions asked.

Why did you bring up the issue of alleged sonogram problems?
                                Go back and read my replies to you - start at post 112.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment