Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The End of Trudeau?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Good point. It seems like a lot of the world doesn't trust their leadership right now. Of course, we probably can't get an honest assessment of what people in Russia or China really think of Putin or Xi.
    Maybe we need more "hollywood" leaders? Seems like the best leaders have had came from TV and movies: Reagan & Trump in the USA, and Zelinskyy in Ukraine.

Maybe Canada should elect a celebrity as PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Maybe we need more "hollywood" leaders? Seems like the best leaders have had came from TV and movies: Reagan & Trump in the USA, and Zelinskyy in Ukraine.

Well, to be fair, Trudeau was a substitute drama teacher and has worn a plethora of costumes during his previous life and his reign of terror.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Well, to be fair, Trudeau was a substitute drama teacher and has worn a plethora of costumes during his previous life and his reign of terror.
        That doesn't count! You need Justin Bieber, not Justin Trudeau!

Comment

That doesn't count! You need Justin Bieber, not Justin Trudeau!
          Ack.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Red Green for president premier!

56c92907-eb79-4305-a7c3-67e8447cd1bb.jpg
            He'll fix any problem with duck tape

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Red Green for president premier!

56c92907-eb79-4305-a7c3-67e8447cd1bb.jpg
              He'll fix any problem with duck tape
              Prime Minister, silly!

Comment

Prime Minister, silly!
                Maybe he was thinking of the title as it is spoken in French?
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Maybe he was thinking of the title as it is spoken in French?

He should know I don't speak Quebecois or any other form of French, so he needs to speak English!

Comment

Well, well, this is interesting.

https://tnc.news/2022/03/23/are-mass...rre-poilievre/

Did Justin Trudeau and Jagmeet Singh form their coalition pact to avoid a fiscal collapse?

Today on the Candice Malcolm Show, Candice is joined by Conservative MP Pierre Poilievre.

Back in September 2020, Pierre predicted on this show that Canada’s fiscal situation was mathematically impossible and heading towards a collapse. He said that Trudeau desperately needed a majority government to hide his scandal and to raise taxes to afford his COVID spending binge.

Candice and Pierre revisit that prediction, talk about what this Liberal-NDP pact means for Canadians – especially working class Canadians – and why Canada has become so expensive.

Comment

And, this.

https://tnc.news/2022/03/22/legacy-m...vative-rumour/

Legacy media had dismissed NDP-Liberal deal as Conservative rumour

Despite the newly-announced deal between the NDP and the Liberals to keep Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in power until 2025, the legacy media had mocked the Conservatives in November for suggesting such a plan was even in the works.

Late last fall, the Conservatives and then-leader Erin O’Toole were ridiculed for claiming there was a brewing Liberal-NDP agreement that would secure Trudeau’s hold on power for a full term despite his minority government status.

Last night, the Conservatives were vindicated after it was reported that an official pact had been reached between Trudeau and NDP leader Jagmeet Singh to prop up the Liberals for the next three years.

Trudeau confirmed the reports on Tuesday, saying he had reached a “confidence and supply agreement” with the NDP which would see the party support them during confidence votes in return for key policy commitments.

Back in 2021, commentators at outlets including the CBC, Global News and the Toronto Star had all dismissed the notion that such a pact existed or was going to be reached.

Toronto Star columnist Althia Raj called the Liberal-NDP alliance “imaginary” and a ploy by O’Toole to cover up his own problems.

“First, there is no Liberal-NDP coalition. O’Toole may wish for one, but there is no evidence a formal arrangement — such as what we saw in 2008 — is being contemplated,” wrote Raj. “So while both parties are willing to talk, what those talks lead to will be very different than the coalition bogeyman O’Toole is painting for Canadians.”

Commentator Randy Boswell wrote in Global News that O’Toole was “scaremongering about the unholy alliance” of a radical Liberal-NDP deal.

“To be clear, there is no coalition being formed. And there’s nothing radical about the re-elected Liberal government, as it plans its legislative agenda in a minority Parliament, comparing notes with the NDP — a party that holds the balance of power in the House (that’s just math) and which everyone knows shares a number of key policy planks with Trudeau’s left-leaning cabinet and caucus,” wrote Boswell.

Meanwhile, CBC’s Aaron Wherry stated that a Liberal-NDP deal was just “rumours” and that “no negotiations” were happening to reach a confidence and supply agreement.

“But no such confidence and supply accord exists between the federal Liberals and NDP — not yet, at least. Though there are reports of loose chatter between Liberal and NDP officials, sources in both parties say there is no actual proposal on the table and no negotiations are happening,” wrote Wherry.

CBC journalist Katie Simpson also parroted claims by Singh that O’Toole was “making stuff up” about a looming Liberal-NDP deal.

Comment

He should know I don't speak Quebecois or any other form of French, so he needs to speak English!
                        I'm trilingual capable of conversing equally well in English, Murican as well as Jawjin. smiley smugflag.gif

But I don't speak much Canuckistani except for
                        • eh?
                        • "aboot"
                        • hockey
                        • Tim Horton's
                        • poutine
                        • did I say "eh?"
                        • Mountie
                        • maple leaf
                        • moose
                        • mosrose

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

?
                          I thought this was about the way Rogue does things.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            I'm trilingual capable of conversing equally well in English, Murican as well as Jawjin. smiley smugflag.gif

But I don't speak much Canuckistani except for
                            • eh?
                            • "aboot"
                            • hockey
                            • Tim Horton's
                            • poutine
                            • did I say "eh?"
                            • Mountie
                            • maple leaf
                            • moose
                            • mosrose
                            Hoser!

Comment

Hoser!

g'day! Although Aussies claim that one

Toque!

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

?
                                I thought this was about the way Rogue does things.
                                I've gotta committee of voices in my head working on addressing that issue

Comment