Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I voted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I voted

I could not choose a presidential nominee. I did vote for other things.

I could not in good coinsence choose a presidential cantidate.
    sigpic

Originally posted by TheWall View Post

I could not in good coinsence choose a presidential cantidate.
    No write-in option?
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

I could not in good conscience choose a presidential cantidate.
      So in good conscience are you ok with gutting the second amendment? Ok with abortion? Ok with one payer health care? etc?

By not choosing a presidential canidate it can amount to that.
      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

I couldnt choose hillary. She is corrupt and criminal. Atein and Johnson had no chance. Trump didnt sit right with me.
        sigpic

Comment

was this the first election you were able to vote in?

Comment

Yeah it was Sparko.
            sigpic

Comment

It's not so much the character of the candidates. The key unfortunately is in what they did already. Their actions speak louder than anyrhetoric they may give. For instance, a most personally corrupt one may give us exactly what we want because he or she is 100% against abortion no matter what else. That's the fix we're in here. One has a miserable political track record, while the other has some - colorful - past.

You're probably too young to remember the election of 2004, where significant numbers of conservative, self-identified Christians turned out in massive numbers to vote. Many politicians sat up and noticed regardless of whether the measures the Christians supported passed or not or if their candidate won. We seem to have lost that momentum. We need to get it back at the booths this time and maybe, just maybe, they will pay enough attention. Only God knows. But vote!
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Yeah it was Sparko.
                Sorry it had to be such a crappy one for you.

Comment

I like my republic. It is a grand country. I want to support it. I feel however that the best way to do that is to support him. He is eternal. In him we are his ambassadors.
                  The church is in my view the only thing that can fix this world.
                  sigpic

Comment

I like my republic. It is a grand country. I want to support it. I feel however that the best way to do that is to support him. He is eternal. In him we are his ambassadors.
                    The church is in my view the only thing that can fix this world.
                    Not even the church, honey. Only the Lord can fix it.

Good on you for getting out to vote, even when the choices are horrible.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

When I say the church I mean him. We are his ambassadors and we work for him as the church. Without him there wouldnt be a church.
                      sigpic

Comment

I voted early for the first time.

Several popular Democrat incumbents. No Republican options I like this time around. Well, except that one guy... who was running unopposed for his office. Hopefully the Republicans will come up with some kind of decent reorganization over the next four years, because I like to have a balance.

I mean, come on, guys. First we had the Neocons. Then the Tea Party. Now the Trumpites. I want some good, old-fashioned Republicans I can vote for, to help keep spending under control. Is that too much to ask?

At least we had a bunch of amendments on the ballot to keep things interesting.
                        Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

You voted.
                          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Sorry it had to be such a crappy one for you.
                            It's the best election in decades.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                              I voted early for the first time.

Several popular Democrat incumbents. No Republican options I like this time around. Well, except that one guy... who was running unopposed for his office. Hopefully the Republicans will come up with some kind of decent reorganization over the next four years, because I like to have a balance.

I mean, come on, guys. First we had the Neocons. Then the Tea Party. Now the Trumpites. I want some good, old-fashioned Republicans I can vote for, to help keep spending under control. Is that too much to ask?

At least we had a bunch of amendments on the ballot to keep things interesting.
                              A lot of you people don't understand that Trump was the last chance at a centrist Republican president. It's all but guaranteed that there will be civil war within the next 2 decades if he loses.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment