Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Debate - Monday night WWE match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you an idiot or something? Unpacking propaganda is not moving goalposts. There are taxes on income, at the federal level, that are called things other than Income Tax and firstfloor already explained this to you. Don't be such a dumbass in the future, please.
    Last edited by Jaecp; 09-27-2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      45% of Americans pay no income tax. Are they all stupid too?
      Most of them are low income like me. Even though my income has not changed. In the past several years I have paid Federal and State taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        If I were advising Trump on answering the question, I would have told him he shouldn't have said "because I'm smart" but something like "I just followed the law, unlike my opponent over there."
        Very likely he's following the letter of the law, but NOT the intent of the law and as a consequence the burden falls on the less fortunate. As for his "opponent over there", she's released her tax returns and her finances are open for all to see.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Don't be one of the stupid ones Billy!
          I'm not Jerry.

When Trump and his ilk work the system and fail to pay their fair share in taxes,
          Fair according to who? They still pay far more in sales tax, property tax, and other consumption based taxes than we will make in our lifetimes.

hiding their money offshore,
          A shortfall of globalization.

then the burden falls on the rest of us and the economy as a whole falters as a result.
          The burden has been on the producers for a very long time.

Understanding tax law may be smart, but seeking loopholes and abusing the intent of the law is an insult, especially for someone who wants to lead the Country.
          Oh horse pooey. Every single one of us seeks to pay the least amount of taxes we can get away with. Why do you think Turbo Tax exists?
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
            Are you an idiot or something? Unpacking propaganda is not moving goalposts. There are taxes on income, at the federal level, that are called things other than Income Tax and firstfloor already explained this to you. Don't be such a dumbass in the future, please.
            What happened to Mr. Civil?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
              Are you an idiot or something?
              Nope. Just showing I didn't get my information from Romney.

Unpacking propaganda is not moving goalposts.
              Yes it is. When the average American talks about how much taxes were paid, it's universally understood to mean the amount on line 56 on your 1040. You know, the line that subtracts your exemptions from your taxable income to show how much of your income you have to actually pay taxes on? Not how much tax was paid throughout the year by you or your employer. This is simple tax basics

There are taxes on income, at the federal level, that are called things other than Income Tax and firstfloor already explained this to you.
              And those things were not what Trump means, nor most of the intelligent public, when they mention "paying no taxes". But watching you act like a gorilla flinging poo to show your dominance is pretty amusing. Please continue...

Don't be such a dumbass in the future, please.
              How about you learn what I am actually saying first before pounding your chest, Harambe...
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                Most of them are low income like me. Even though my income has not changed. In the past several years I have paid Federal and State taxes.
                Others have itemized deductions or past business losses capable of bringing their taxable income down to where the tax on taxable income is 0. It's not uncommon.
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment