Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Golden Trump Statue isn’t Trump Worship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

No idea but I don't think it matters... I think even bowing down before a statue in jest is still idolatry...
    No it's not. The Bible makes it clear that God understands sarcasm.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Or he did specifically because he knew it would trigger liberals. I would suspect that was the whole intent behind the statue itself, a sort of, "Hey, y'all, watch this!" as they laugh at Obama-worshiping liberals unironically condemn a gaudy Trump statue.
      That was my initial reaction, yes.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        No it's not. The Bible makes it clear that God understands sarcasm.
        Like a madman who throws Firebrands, arrows and death, So is the man who deceives his neighbor, And says, "Was I not joking?" (Proverbs 26:18-19, NASB)
        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I thought it was hilarious watching all of the liberals get triggered over this.
          Can you explain why CPAC organizers would allow such a golden statue of Trump, reminiscent of the OT golden calf?
          And a statue that is not flattering, with American flag shorts and a fairy wand?

I would guess it was made by people who made that Trump baby balloon blimp thing, but the CPAC attendees seemed to like it for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

Can you explain why CPAC organizers would allow such a golden statue of Trump, reminiscent of the OT golden calf?
            And a statue that is not flattering, with American flag shorts and a fairy wand?

I would guess it was made by people who made that Trump baby balloon blimp thing, but the CPAC attendees seemed to like it for some reason.
            Maybe to trigger liberals? It was made by some artist and the "gold" statue was actually the left-over mold for the actual statue that they dressed up.

Former President Trump has not yet made his appearance at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), but a gold-colored statue in his likeness has already stolen the show.

People have been lining up to get photos next to the statue all day.

The statue was made by Tommy Zegan. It was his second work after another statue of former Green Pay Packers star quarterback Brett Favre. Zegan’s next project will be a statue of Robin Williams as Popeye.

Zegan said that throughout the Trump presidency, he saw so many signs, balloons and statues of the 45th president painting him in a negative light, such as the "Baby Trump" balloon.

"Is this the best the art community can do?" queried Zegan. "So, I said I can do better."

According to Zegan, there is a lot of "symbolism" in the statue. The suit represents that Trump is a businessman, the red tie is symbolic of the Republican party. His red, white and blue shorts show that "he is a patriot." He’s wearing sandals because "he’s of that age where he should be retired and out on the beach somewhere" but he’s not. The magic wand he’s holding harks back to a 2016 comment that former President Barack Obama made to Trump when he said, "What magic wand do you have?" to bring jobs back to the US. Lastly, he’s holding the constitution because "it’s something he believes in."

Zegan said he does not want the statue to represent an "idol" for people to worship. He wants everyone, even liberals, to laugh and pose for photos next to the figure.

This statue is actually the "mold" that was used to make the "real" statue, which is made of stainless steel and weighs 600 pounds. The artist hopes that statue will end up in the Trump Presidential Library. This statue, which weighs 200 pounds, is for sale and Zegan is asking for $100,000. He received an offer of $80,000 but the offer was withdrawn due to the pandemic.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gol...tue-trump-cpac

Comment

It certainly is the most caricature-ish statue I've ever seen.

The only ones who can possibly think it someone relates to the golden calf the Israelites made are liberals. I think it's just silly.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I think this is what idolatry really looks like:

Moderated By: QuantaFille

Seriously?

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by QuantaFille; 03-01-2021, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                  I think this is what idolatry really looks like:
                  Probably your weirdest post ever.
                  Last edited by QuantaFille; 03-01-2021, 02:24 PM. Reason: Removing modded content

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

How so? You don't think that is idolatry?

Comment

CPAC Nazi symbol also a hilarious troll:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...mbol-abhorrent

Comment

Hey, when you love Obama, might as well put it into art.

CPAC Nazi symbol also a hilarious troll:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...mbol-abhorrent
                        https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...-nazi-17068267

Conspiracy architecture is fun.
                        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

Like a madman who throws Firebrands, arrows and death, So is the man who deceives his neighbor, And says, "Was I not joking?" (Proverbs 26:18-19, NASB)
                          Great, so now satire and mockery is called "deception".

Of course it should probably be pointed out that the Hebrew word translated as "deceives" in these verses is referring more to actions that are intended to cause harm and not merely to mock someone. For instance, conning someone out of a thousand dollars and then saying, "Don't be so upset. It's just a joke."

Comment

Zegan is asking for $100,000. He received an offer of $80,000 but the offer was withdrawn due to the pandemic.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gol...tue-trump-cpac

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Hey, when you love Obama, might as well put it into art.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...-nazi-17068267

Conspiracy architecture is fun.
                              Those buildings on the navy base (Naval Amphibious Base Coronado, CA) were barracks at one point in time. I used to live in them. Fun times.

Comment

I thought it was hilarious watching all of the liberals get triggered over this.
                                Especially considering Obama was called the Obammesiah...
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment