Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Riots in DC outside capitol building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Those are not pacts. I asked for evidence of a pact. You must have evidence of one. Do you perhaps a copy of the pact?
    I was writing figuratively not literally. You really do need to work harder on your basic lit crit skills.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I was writing figuratively not literally. You really do need to work harder on your basic lit crit skills.
      I can only go by what you write my dear. Perhaps you should work on your clarity more.

Comment

...Do you perhaps a copy of the pact?
        I have a copy from when I made my Faustian bargain...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

I have a copy from when I made my Faustian bargain...
          Did you use blood? It only counts if you sign in blood. Of a virgin. At midnight. On Halloween.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Did you use blood? It only counts if you sign in blood. Of a virgin. At midnight. On Halloween.
            I ticked off all four boxes! The virgin was a bit difficult to find though, I had to take her word for it...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Gee where were you this summer when all of the liberals were saying the riots were "mostly peaceful" and you couldn't lump in the peaceful protestors with the looters and vandals? Even when they clearly were right there with them, protesting AT NIGHT.

At least at the capitol those who were peaceful had no idea that the vandals were going to storm into the capitol building and attack congress. They were there to just protest peacefully. Many have said they didn't even know what was going on inside the building at the time.

the people at the riots this summer couldn't use the same excuse after the first dozen protests turned violent at night. They were there on purpose, knowing that a violent riot would break out.
              Not to mention also assisting. Like when they would take umbrellas that were given to them (the fact that they were all the same color demonstrates that they didn't bring them from home) in order to shield the organizers and agitators from being observed by the police and identified. Even worse, they'd close a few of them to create a gap from which industrial fireworks could be shot at the police, or rocks, bricks and the like could be thrown.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

As usual when you cannot coherently address the subject of the tread you change the subject

Few?

As usual when you cannot coherently address the subject of the tread you change the subject

As usual when you you read something that doesn't conform to your preconceived narrative you get flustered.

And the post wasn't addressed to you and it shows in your ignorant reply. For instance kccd referred to those who physically assaulted a Congressman in his office as being just "a few constituents tried to get Andy Harris's attention" so I asked her if we should similarly cavalierly excuse those involved in the riots as just being "a few constituents trying to get their attention."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Oh, don't forget the person that burned to death inside one of the Minneapolis buildings. https://www.fox9.com/news/authoritie...urned-in-riots
                  And I was wrong when I said that antifa/BLM thugs murdered one person as they approached their CHOP/CHAZ. It was two in separate instances.

Funny how seizing six city blocks, refusing to allow entry and shooting and killing people who approached fails to meet shuny's criteria for insurrection.

Comment

I responded on topic and in detail. You chose to handwave it away and act like your ability to read and comprehend suddenly fled.
                    As I said Shuny gets flustered when someone writes something that doesn't fall into line with his preconceived narrative. He can only comprehend things that completely agree with him and gets upset if they don't.

Maybe he can be put in charge of one of the reeducation camps that more and more of those on the left keeps dreaming of so he can force people into thinking like he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      As I said Shuny gets flustered when someone writes something that doesn't fall into line with his preconceived narrative. He can only comprehend things that completely agree with him and gets upset if they don't.

Maybe he can be put in charge of one of the reeducation camps that more and more of those on the left keeps dreaming of so he can force people into thinking like he does.
                      I am starting to wonder if Shuny is some sort of AI Bot and he replies with his silly responses about a post being "incoherent" when his program fails to parse the sentences correctly. Like a default, "does not compute"

Comment

I am starting to wonder if Shuny is some sort of AI Bot and he replies with his silly responses about a post being "incoherent" when his program fails to parse the sentences correctly. Like a default, "does not compute"
                        Okay, now you have me visualizing shuny's head on the robot from Lost in Space, flailing its "arms" while going "Danger Will Robinson! Does not compute! Does not compute!"

Bad mangy pirate

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

I ticked off all four boxes! The virgin was a bit difficult to find though, I had to take her word for it...
                          So it was literally a case of "that's what she said."

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Okay, now you have me visualizing shuny's head on the robot from Lost in Space, flailing its "arms" while going "Danger Will Robinson! Does not compute! Does not compute!"

Bad mangy pirate
                            Incoherent! Incohernet! Duck! Bob! Weave!

JauntyThirstyArmedcrab-small.gif
                            Last edited by Sparko; 01-11-2021, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Incoherent! Incohernet! Duck! Bob! Weave!

JauntyThirstyArmedcrab-small.gif

bow.gif
                              Airball! Airball!

Comment

I can only go by what you write my dear. Perhaps you should work on your clarity more.
                                What I wrote was quite clear. However, it would appear that nuance is not your forte. Did you ever study lit crit?
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                The things that you're liable
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life
                                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment