Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Doctors concerned about Hillary's health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Or a robot that was malfunctioning
    That's more likely, cause there are two - kinda - "jolts" - before it collapses, and if you listen closely, you can hear on that video "danger, Will Robinson..."
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Yeah, Mexia, Texas is pronounced "MuHEYuh" by most locals, and "MuHAIR" by some, but others call it MEXeeyuh.

So, the standard joke.....

A man and his wife were traveling across Highway 84 when they saw the "welcome to Mexia" sign. The wife read it out loud, "Welcome to MEXeeyuh". The husband corrected, "no, it's pronounced MuhHAYuh". They got into quite a battle over it, and he demanded that they stop in at a local fast food place and ask the locals.

Inside, the man asked the lady at the counter, "My wife and I were having an argument over how to pronounce the name of this place, so we decided to stop and ask."

The employee replied "watch my lips", and proceeded to say, very slowly, "DARE - REE - QUEEN".
      I live fairly close to a city/town called Marietta which is generally pronounced Mary-etta, but a lot of the old timers either call it May-rhetta or Marr-etta. You can even use that to distinguish which part of the town they lived on.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• There's a joke around Ohio that people who in the city of Newark pronounce it "Nerk, Ahia"... but in the nearly two-decades that I have lived in this state, I have not encountered a single person who genuinely pronounces it that way. Yet the joke persists for whatever reason.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          There's a town in Virginia called Buena Vista. Spanish speakers would probably pronounce it "Bway-nuh Vista". The locals pronounce it "Bew-nuh Vista".
          I'm not a local, but I had the correct pronunciation.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            I live fairly close to a city/town called Marietta which is generally pronounced Mary-etta, but a lot of the old timers either call it May-rhetta or Marr-etta. You can even use that to distinguish which part of the town they lived on.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              so now it is simply dehydration? Not pneumonia? The story keeps changing. And now they give antibiotics for dehydration.

Oh well, they only have to keep up the story for another month. Then if she gets elected she can collapse in office and it will be too late to do anything about it.
              You are not in a position to say. You have not physically examined Hillary and nor have the conspiracy theorists peddling the innuendo's and misinformation against their rival candidate.

The one person who has

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                You are not in a position to say. You have not physically examined Hillary and nor have the conspiracy theorists peddling the innuendo's and misinformation against their rival candidate.

The one person who has
                Yeah I am in a position to say. I have actually had pneumonia, several times and in varying degrees. She doesn't have it. You don't just have a coughing fit, and then be perfectly fine a few minutes later. You don't just bob and jerk and fall over flat after walking around fine a few minutes earlier, and then are perfectly fine 30 minutes later. For milder cases, it is basically just like a cold, but with a fever, but you still cough constantly. If you are sick enough to faint, you are bed ridden for days and usually in the hospital on antibiotics and round the clock monitoriing. Pneumonia is a very serious and deadly disease, especially for older people who are under a lot of stress, like Hillary.

And her doctor has every reason to lie about her health. What her doctor says (or Trump's about him) is the least trustworthy public opinion there is. Doesn't meant they are lying, but if their "boss" is indeed sick, they would be the very last to say so in public. They would indeed have to be in the hospital before they would admit they were sick, and even then they would minimize how sick they were to the press.

But you know that. If the situation were reversed and Trump were sick you would be saying the very same thing.

Comment

Here it is in a nutshell. If Hillary's health is truly a problem, she will not be able to make good decisions, because face it, when you are sick, you don't think that clearly. And apparently her health issues are brain based and neurological. Twitching, fainting, stumbling, eyes not tracking...

So basically she should not be President if she is sick.
                  If she's that sick how the heck is she handling a presidential run? That's something that requires you to be front and center, on your feet every single day - anyone ill enough to be that badly affected could not possibly handle a candidacy.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah I am in a position to say. I have actually had pneumonia, several times and in varying degrees. She doesn't have it. You don't just have a coughing fit, and then be perfectly fine a few minutes later. You don't just bob and jerk and fall over flat after walking around fine a few minutes earlier, and then are perfectly fine 30 minutes later. For milder cases, it is basically just like a cold, but with a fever, but you still cough constantly. If you are sick enough to faint, you are bed ridden for days and usually in the hospital on antibiotics and round the clock monitoriing. Pneumonia is a very serious and deadly disease, especially for older people who are under a lot of stress, like Hillary.

And her doctor has every reason to lie about her health. What her doctor says (or Trump's about him) is the least trustworthy public opinion there is. Doesn't meant they are lying, but if their "boss" is indeed sick, they would be the very last to say so in public. They would indeed have to be in the hospital before they would admit they were sick, and even then they would minimize how sick they were to the press.

But you know that. If the situation were reversed and Trump were sick you would be saying the very same thing.
                    I had pneumonia for three months once. It was misdiagnosed as sinusitis five separate times and only coincidentally finally diagnosed correctly. I felt awful most of the time and it certainly affected me, but I kept going to work and doing other things. I've also had pneumonia that put me flat on my back for a week. The truth is, it comes in different varieties and 'walking', albeit anything but fun, does not result in the kind of incapacitation you describe.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      Probably the best historical precedent was Edith Wilson after Woodrow's stroke. I agree that does raise some questions of authority as she was never elected or appointed to any position.
                      That one did come to mind while I was writing.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Actually, it DOES happen. I have done it. I've walked into an Urgent Care wondering how the heck I'd manage to walk back out, feeling so bad. By the time I saw the doc, I wasn't feeling nearly as bad. Same case I told Sparky about - five separate diagnoses as sinusitis by four different doctors and four courses of antibiotics. The last decided to test for flu simply because she'd seen so many cases that day and thought what the heck, maybe it was an atypical presentation. She sent me home with Antibiotic Number Five. Two days later, her nurse called and ordered me to the pharmacy (she was polite about it) to pick up a different antibiotic because I actually had pneumonia instead.

Guys, back seat doctoring is about as useful as back seat driving - yes, the woman was sick. Yes, it could have been pneumonia. And no, that doesn't eliminate the possibility that she has some weird neurological disorder. But the real reason to vote against her is that her politics are bad for this country.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          The story keeps changing because nobody in the media is interested in holding Hillary and her minions accountable. They simply regurgitate Hillary's press releases and pretend this is "due diligence" even when one press release contradicts the next; meanwhile they scrutinize every single thing Trump says and run endless stories about how offensive he is. The latest flap is Trump's recent joke about how to pronounce "Nevada". Dingy Harry Reid is all up in arms about it claiming that Trump insulted Nevada voters.
                          The two things aren't mutually exclusive - actually, one would think that one of those probably makes the latter more likely to occur.

The woman is slightly to the left of Mussolini* - serious health problems aren't the reason I don't want her to get elected.

*I hope I'm exaggerating here...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            If she's that sick how the heck is she handling a presidential run? That's something that requires you to be front and center, on your feet every single day - anyone ill enough to be that badly affected could not possibly handle a candidacy.
                            lots of drugs just before public appearances.

Comment

I had pneumonia for three months once. It was misdiagnosed as sinusitis five separate times and only coincidentally finally diagnosed correctly. I felt awful most of the time and it certainly affected me, but I kept going to work and doing other things. I've also had pneumonia that put me flat on my back for a week. The truth is, it comes in different varieties and 'walking', albeit anything but fun, does not result in the kind of incapacitation you describe.
                              reread what i said. I said if it is bad enough to cause you to faint, you will be bedridden. If you have a mild case it will be like a cold, with no fainting but a lot of coughing and feeling like the flu.

Obviously she doesn't have pneumonia. she has some other ailment

Comment

Actually, it DOES happen. I have done it. I've walked into an Urgent Care wondering how the heck I'd manage to walk back out, feeling so bad. By the time I saw the doc, I wasn't feeling nearly as bad. Same case I told Sparky about - five separate diagnoses as sinusitis by four different doctors and four courses of antibiotics. The last decided to test for flu simply because she'd seen so many cases that day and thought what the heck, maybe it was an atypical presentation. She sent me home with Antibiotic Number Five. Two days later, her nurse called and ordered me to the pharmacy (she was polite about it) to pick up a different antibiotic because I actually had pneumonia instead.

Guys, back seat doctoring is about as useful as back seat driving - yes, the woman was sick. Yes, it could have been pneumonia. And no, that doesn't eliminate the possibility that she has some weird neurological disorder. But the real reason to vote against her is that her politics are bad for this country.
                                The important difference was, as you said, you walked in. Hillary, OTOH, literally collapsed and had to be unceremoniously tossed into her SUV like a sack of potatoes and rushed off. And then just 90 minutes later she was right as rain not even looking slightly like she was under the weather.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment