Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Adultery Is Perfectly Natural And Genetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    I've done it for almost 44 years, and it hasn't been a struggle at all.
    What is wrong with you guys - didn't you know that you were genetically predisposed to cheat on your spouse !
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      What is wrong with you guys - didn't you know that you were genetically predisposed to cheat on your spouse !
      I'm clearly genetically predisposed to post on tweb.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        I'm clearly genetically predisposed to post on tweb.
        There is a cure you know...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

So Thinker are we slaves to genetics? Or can men and women fight those natural inclinations are remain monogamous, like all my 10 sets of aunts and uncles did?
          No, not necessarily. But some people don't have the ability to fight inclinations, they're called mentally unstable. How do you explain them in your Christian worldview? The point is why would we be surprised that we have inclinations given our evolutionary past - which makes no sense on Christianity, which says god wants us to be like XYZ, yet he uses evolution to make us knowing full well it would embed within us -X-Y-Z, the exact opposite of what god would want. Why use evolution at all to make us? It makes no sense.
          Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
            I mean, seer's arguments are actually pretty decent when it comes to morality.

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
              No, not necessarily. But some people don't have the ability to fight inclinations, they're called mentally unstable. How do you explain them in your Christian worldview? The point is why would we be surprised that we have inclinations given our evolutionary past - which makes no sense on Christianity, which says god wants us to be like XYZ, yet he uses evolution to make us knowing full well it would embed within us -X-Y-Z, the exact opposite of what god would want. Why use evolution at all to make us? It makes no sense.

So funny, to watch non thinker talk about things his puny mind can't understand. Funny, I thought the Bible taught us that our nature is sinful and that we need to work on overcoming our sinful nature. I wasn't aware that TE's had to think otherwise, do explain how this logic works please. Thanks!
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

there is a cure you know...
                bacon
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                  Quite a lot about human sexual organs and sexual behavior seems to have been shaped by evolution, it's quite fascinating.

Seemingly, for a long time in our evolutionary history, women would commonly have sex with multiple men within a very short time frame. This has resulted in amusing developments like the shape of the male member changing to be efficient at removing the seed of previous men. And it also resulted in developments that cause difficulties in modern marriages - men are often finished quickly and cannot continue once finished least they displace their own seed, while women's bodies are more oriented towards a lengthy period of excitement and so often have not hit their highs before their single man is done.

Naturally God created us all like that because he wanted to trick people into thinking evolution was true, and to cause problems with marriages.
                  How convenient that the 'natural way' just happens to make it so that it's ok to sleep with lots of women and treat women like sex objects. Isn't that just convenient?
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                    Quite a lot about human sexual organs and sexual behavior seems to have been shaped by evolution, it's quite fascinating.

Seemingly, for a long time in our evolutionary history, women would commonly have sex with multiple men within a very short time frame. This has resulted in amusing developments like the shape of the male member changing to be efficient at removing the seed of previous men. And it also resulted in developments that cause difficulties in modern marriages - men are often finished quickly and cannot continue once finished least they displace their own seed, while women's bodies are more oriented towards a lengthy period of excitement and so often have not hit their highs before their single man is done.

Naturally God created us all like that because he wanted to trick people into thinking evolution was true, and to cause problems with marriages.
                    Aren't "just so" stories awesome? And there's a side of Lamarckianism thrown in for some extra spice!
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
                      Unless, by faith and trust in God, we can learn to overcome these imperfections (especially moral imperfections) to become the men and women we should be. Remember we are moving towards perfection.

Comment

This is getting ridiculous. Thinker and others are arguing as if this is a real thing. Did anyone actually READ the OP article? It specifically says there are no studies that show this to be true, that it was the opinion of some professor, and that the only "research" quoted was that there was a correlation between ring finger length and infidelity.

Seer trolled you good.

Source: OP Article

Despite anecdotal claims about cheatng, no study has shown that humans are predisposed to monogamy or non-monogamy.

A study carried out by Rafael Wlodarski and a team of researchers at Oxford University looking into infidelity found a correlation between the length of a individual's ring finger and the likelihood that they would cheat on a partner.

However, they stressed that they could not find a causal link.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          the only "research" quoted was that there was a correlation between ring finger length and infidelity.
                          That makes it settled science then!

Comment

That makes it settled science then!
                            The wedding ring keeps falling off of the long skinny fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Aren't "just so" stories awesome? And there's a side of Malarkyanism thrown in for some extra spice!

Fify.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

So funny, to watch non thinker talk about things his puny mind can't understand. Funny, I thought the Bible taught us that our nature is sinful and that we need to work on overcoming our sinful nature. I wasn't aware that TE's had to think otherwise, do explain how this logic works please. Thanks!
                                And please explain to us how this sinful nature got there.

Comment