Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Security Breach Reveals Communist Chinese Party Members Infiltrating The West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And we know about Diane Feinstein with her Chinese spies in her office for years, and now Eric Salwell caught with his pants down (figuratively and literally). And yet Democrats have had us laser focused on Russia for the last four years. Coincidence?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Russia is the historical boogeyman. The Cold War is still raging for some dingbats in the West, and they are having difficulty breaking that mindset. So that made it convenient to attack Trump with because "he won't condemn Putin." It didn't matter that Trump was harder on Russia than Obama was, they wanted to paint a picture based on some lack of condemnation. The Left loves imagery more than reality.
      Trump would say nice things in public about Putin and Russia while doing things that infuriated them[1] For instance
      • accused Russia of deploying land-based cruise missiles saying that they violated the "spirit and intent" of the 1987 Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces (INF) treaty -- something Obama refused to do.
      • bombed Syria's Shayrat Airbase (Russia's allies) when they use chemical weapons in 2017.
      • again bombed Syrian forces in 2018 killing over 200 Russian "mercenaries".
      • tried to get Merkel to stop importing natural gas from Russia which would deal a serious blow to the Russian economy.
      • sent weapons, including a bunch of anti-tank missiles, and not just blankets and well-wishes to Ukraine so they can fight the Russians.
      • facilitated the sale of more coal to energy-strapped Ukraine
      • sent Patriot missiles to Poland which had begging for them for years.
      • shifted a couple thousand U.S. troops from bases in Western Europe to Poland, which while largely symbolic, infuriated the Russians just like selling them the anti-missile defense systems did.
      • like with Poland, Trump supplied the Baltic States of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania with arms and training along with money to help them prevent Russian cyber attacks, again pissing off the Russians who think of those countries as theirs.
      • imposed stricter sanctions[2] than those initially called for by Congress including imposing sanctions on Ramzan Kadyrov, a close Putin ally.
      • ordered the expulsion of 60 Russian diplomats and closure of Russian consulate in Seattle in response to Russia's poisoning of Sergei and Yulia Skripal (Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov declared that the expulsion of the total of 153 Russian diplomats by 28 countries was the result of the Trump Administration "blackmailing" other nations).
      • sanctioned four Russian entities and seven individuals in response to their attempt to interfere in U.S. midterm elections, including Russian financier Yevgeniy Prigozhin, known as "Putin's chef" because he has his hands in so many pies
      • approved sanctions placed on builders of the Nord Stream 2 Russia-to-Germany gas pipelines.

A Brookings Institute analysis of the Trump Administration's record with Russia published a year ago found it had taken 52 actions against the Russians, both severe and minor, but try and tell that to the cognitively challenged TDS crowd

1. Anyone familiar with his Art of the Deal would know that is how he has always operated

2. to be fair this has been a bit of a mixed bag in that earlier Trump expressed reluctance about enforcing some sanctions that he had signed into law. But in the end his placing harsher economic restrictions on Russian oligarchs (more than just Skripal) close to Putin hurt the latter enormously. Putin is thought to have illegally amassed tens of billions of dollars, but he can't hold all that wealth in his own name, so he appointed his oligarch cronies to be his trustees. Sanctioning his buddies was effectively putting sanctions on Putin himself
      Last edited by rogue06; 12-16-2020, 08:15 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        And we know about Diane Feinstein with her Chinese spies in her office for years, and now Eric Salwell caught with his pants down (figuratively and literally). And yet Democrats have had us laser focused on Russia for the last four years. Coincidence?
        I am beginning to wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Trump would say nice things in public about Putin and Russia while doing things that infuriated them[1] For instance
          • accused Russia of deploying land-based cruise missiles saying that they violated the "spirit and intent" of the 1987 Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces (INF) treaty -- something Obama refused to do.
          • bombed Syria's Shayrat Airbase (Russia's allies) when they use chemical weapons in 2017.
          • again bombed Syrian forces in 2018 killing over 200 Russian "mercenaries".
          • tried to get Merkel to stop importing natural gas from Russia which would deal a serious blow to the Russian economy.
          • sent weapons, including a bunch of anti-tank missiles, and not just blankets and well-wishes to Ukraine so they can fight the Russians.
          • facilitated the sale of more coal to energy-strapped Ukraine
          • sent Patriot missiles to Poland which had begging for them for years.
          • shifted a couple thousand U.S. troops from bases in Western Europe to Poland, which while largely symbolic, infuriated the Russians just like selling them the anti-missile defense systems did.
          • like with Poland, Trump supplied the Baltic States of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania with arms and training along with money to help them prevent Russian cyber attacks, again pissing off the Russians who think of those countries as theirs.
          • imposed stricter sanctions[2] than those initially called for by Congress including imposing sanctions on Ramzan Kadyrov, a close Putin ally.
          • ordered the expulsion of 60 Russian diplomats and closure of Russian consulate in Seattle in response to Russia's poisoning of Sergei and Yulia Skripal (Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov declared that the expulsion of the total of 153 Russian diplomats by 28 countries was the result of the Trump Administration "blackmailing" other nations).
          • sanctioned four Russian entities and seven individuals in response to their attempt to interfere in U.S. midterm elections, including Russian financier Yevgeniy Prigozhin, known as "Putin's chef" because he has his hands in so many pies
          • approved sanctions placed on builders of the Nord Stream 2 Russia-to-Germany gas pipelines.

A Brookings Institute analysis of the Trump Administration's record with Russia published a year ago found it had taken 52 actions against the Russians, both severe and minor, but try and tell that to the cognitively challenged TDS crowd
          Despite all of this, Star thinks Putin is blackmailing Trump with a "pee tape". It is mindboggling.

Several years ago I argued to keep all declared Muslims out of the US because of terrorism. Not a great idea, more of a knee-jerk reaction. Leftists were quick to jump on me saying that I needed to keep things in perspective; that 99.99999% of Muslims were not terrorists. I had to acknowledge that.
          Today, Leftists absolutely cannot keep things in perspective regarding Russia and China. It is like fretting over a mouse while ignoring an elephant (borrowed from Gond).

Comment

Despite all of this, Star thinks Putin is blackmailing Trump with a "pee tape". It is mindboggling.

Several years ago I argued to keep all declared Muslims out of the US because of terrorism. Not a great idea, more of a knee-jerk reaction. Leftists were quick to jump on me saying that I needed to keep things in perspective; that 99.99999% of Muslims were not terrorists. I had to acknowledge that.
            Today, Leftists absolutely cannot keep things in perspective regarding Russia and China. It is like fretting over a mouse while ignoring an elephant (borrowed from Gond).
            That was actually Jim (oxmixmudd) not star.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Star too.

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...84#post1214384

Comment

To be fair, pretty much all liberals are singing the Russian Collusion song despite the complete lack of evidence to support it.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Any company foolish enough to work with the Chinese will have their ip stolen and their product reproduced by them and their income lost. This is what they do. I know because I was there when a large telecom giant made the foolhardy decision to do so. They stole that companies IP, that company is now gone, and Huawei took its place.
                  Too true.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Yep. Russia has over 1 billion people and the largest army in the world. Their navy has more vessels than ours.

I really don't get why people act like Russia is the biggest problem in the room and ignore the elephant that is China.
                    That first Russia should read China. That's what I get for posting on the go.

Comment

I learned about this the other day.

Justin Trudeau invited China's People's Liberation Army to train troops in Canada, according to top secret documents published by Canadian conservative news site which claims 'they were sending spies not just soldiers to train'

'Top secret' government documents have revealed that Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau invited China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) to send its troops to Ontario for cold weather training and was unhappy when it was canceled, according to two Canadian media outlets.

The Canadian government's bombshell secret 34-page file was obtained by Rebel News and The Globe and Mail.

The two outlets published excerpts from the files Wednesday, revealing that members of the PLA were scheduled to attend a military exercise at a base in Ontario in 2019.

According to the memos, the training was then canceled by Chief of Defense Staff Jonathan Vance due to concerns that China could use the trip to obtain information from Canada.

But Trudeau was displeased about the cancellation, because he thought it would look like retaliation over China's detention of two Canadian nationals, and insisted Chinese officials be let down gently, the memos show.

Ezra Levant, founder of conservative news site Rebel News, claimed Thursday the PLA was sending spies not just soldiers to Canada through the partnership.

The plans for the joint military exercise came as tensions were boiling between the two nations, months after Canada arrested Huawei executive Meng Wanzou and China hit back arresting Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig.

The release of the files comes on the two-year anniversary of Spavor and Kovrig's arrests as the two remain behind bars in Beijing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ps-Canada.html

I would have posted the Globe and Mail article but it's behind a paywall.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Just found this in my email.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Two million CCP members in the West?
                          Two million on the list. No one said they are all in the west. Hundreds are employed by western companies, anyway.

Though if I was in charge of China's spy organizations, I would make sure that any spies were NOT members of the CCP. But maybe that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                            That first Russia should read China. That's what I get for posting on the go.
                            I read it as sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I read it as sarcasm.
                              Guess that works too.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                I learned about this the other day.

Justin Trudeau invited China's People's Liberation Army to train troops in Canada, according to top secret documents published by Canadian conservative news site which claims 'they were sending spies not just soldiers to train'

'Top secret' government documents have revealed that Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau invited China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) to send its troops to Ontario for cold weather training and was unhappy when it was canceled, according to two Canadian media outlets.

The Canadian government's bombshell secret 34-page file was obtained by Rebel News and The Globe and Mail.

The two outlets published excerpts from the files Wednesday, revealing that members of the PLA were scheduled to attend a military exercise at a base in Ontario in 2019.

According to the memos, the training was then canceled by Chief of Defense Staff Jonathan Vance due to concerns that China could use the trip to obtain information from Canada.

But Trudeau was displeased about the cancellation, because he thought it would look like retaliation over China's detention of two Canadian nationals, and insisted Chinese officials be let down gently, the memos show.

Ezra Levant, founder of conservative news site Rebel News, claimed Thursday the PLA was sending spies not just soldiers to Canada through the partnership.

The plans for the joint military exercise came as tensions were boiling between the two nations, months after Canada arrested Huawei executive Meng Wanzou and China hit back arresting Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig.

The release of the files comes on the two-year anniversary of Spavor and Kovrig's arrests as the two remain behind bars in Beijing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ps-Canada.html

I would have posted the Globe and Mail article but it's behind a paywall.
                                Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                Just found this in my email.

Should anyone be surprised given how, in 2013 at a "Justin Unplugged" event (designed for women to get to know him better), after being asked which nation's administration he most admired, Trudeau responded

There’s a level of admiration I actually have for China because their basic dictatorship is allowing them to actually turn their economy around on a dime and say, "We need to go green … we need to start investing in solar."

Unplugged? More like unhinged.

Comment