Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Did Obama Secretly Pay Off Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
    As an aside, I am glad I am not the only grammar nazi out there.
    me to.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Please cite when available, other than that your in the realm of conjecture and nebulous claims.
      Since you're such an authority on this, Shuny, how bout shedding some light on.....

Why was the payment made in pallets of unmarked bills in foreign currency?
      Why was it flown on an Iranian airline (Air Iran) that was on the Commerce Department's sanction list because it ferried IEDs and other weapons to be used against our troops, and the sanction was mysteriously lifted only one day before the "leverage"?
      Where did that money come from?
      Who authorized the purchase of foreign currency in that amount?

When Obama first tried explaining this, he mumbled and bumbled and took forever with his "dog ate my homework" explanation that only a dedicated leftist liberal would buy.

By the way, Obama ties this to the Iranian nuke deal. Perhaps you should warn him that's not on topic. Oh, and he claims Israel agrees that the Nuke deal was working just great, but Israel clearly disputes that.
      Last edited by Cow Poke; 08-19-2016, 12:25 PM.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Of course Obama supporters have to believe the spin. Otherwise they'd have admit the fact that this money paid to release hostages has now put all Americans abroad at risk.

What a legacy Obama is leaving office with. That it is profitable for any terrorist organizatin or foreign government to kidnap American citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          First Jim, we owe Iran NOTHING. That is all null and void since they took our people hostage (recently and back in the day under Carter). Second, a rose by any other name James... This was clearly a ransom - again Obama lied to us.
          The return of Iran's money back to Iran, without interest earned mind you, was part of the nuclear deal, getting the hostages out within that context was a beautiful maneuver. You guys are going to complain no matter what Obama does anyway so its really not worth the time arguing over. I'm sure if it had been a republican idea you'd be praising him to the high heavens. In the end, Iran got their own money back, and we got 4 Hostages back to their families.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            The return of Iran's money back to Iran, without interest earned mind you, was part of the nuclear deal, getting the hostages out within that context was a beautiful maneuver. You guys are going to complain no matter what Obama does anyway so its really not worth the time arguing over.
            Yet, here you are.

I'm sure if it had been a republican idea you'd be praising him to the high heavens. In the end, Iran got their own money back, and we got 4 Hostages back to their families.
            Well, if it had been a Republican... perhaps you were still pooping green when the country was having a meltdown over Reagan's Iran Contra deal.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So US State Department issues new warning that our good friends, the Iranians, may attempt to capture US citizens for ransom.

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I say, that paying ransoms increases the desire of Iranians to cash in.

Iran Travel Warning
              Last Updated: August 22, 2016

The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Iran. This replaces the Travel Warning for Iran dated March 14, 2016, to reiterate and highlight the risk of arrest and detention of U.S. citizens, particularly dual national Iranian-Americans. Foreigners, in particular dual nationals of Iran and Western countries including the United States, continue to be detained or prevented from leaving Iran. U.S. citizens traveling to Iran should very carefully weigh the risks of travel and consider postponing their travel. U.S. citizens residing in Iran should closely follow media reports, monitor local conditions, and evaluate the risks of remaining in the country.

Iranian authorities continue to unjustly detain and imprison U.S. citizens, particularly Iranian-Americans, including students, journalists, business travelers, and academics, on charges including espionage and posing a threat to national security. Iranian authorities have also prevented the departure, in some cases for months, of a number of Iranian-American citizens who traveled to Iran for personal or professional reasons. U.S. citizens traveling to Iran should very carefully weigh the risks of travel and consider postponing their travel. U.S. citizens residing in Iran should closely follow media reports, monitor local conditions, and evaluate the risks of remaining in the country.

Perhaps the morons who negotiated the deal with Iran should have included a phrase about being nice to our people.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                So US State Department issues new warning that our good friends, the Iranians, may attempt to capture US citizens for ransom.

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I say, that paying ransoms increases the desire of Iranians to cash in.
                Cue the following movie clip:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yet, here you are.

Well, if it had been a Republican... perhaps you were still pooping green when the country was having a meltdown over Reagan's Iran Contra deal.
                  Like I said CP, if it were a Republican, you'd be praising him to the high heavens, just as you did in that real, actual, not made up, Iran Contra scandal.

Comment

Like I said CP,
                    Well, first of all, if you said it, it was probably profoundly ignorant and misguided...

if it were a Republican, you'd be praising him to the high heavens, just as you did in that real, actual, not made up, Iran Contra scandal.
                    Dear Jimmy. You are a dummy. First of all, can you show ANYWHERE where I praised anybody in Iran Contra? And you don't have a CLUE what I would do. You just assume that, because you are totally incapable of finding fault with your own pinko commie liberal party, that I'm the same way with the Republicans.

You assume, falsely, that I am a Republican. I am not. I have stated so numerous times. Haven't been in quite a while. I am an independent. And I don't blindly praise somebody just because they are a particular party, like you do.

Comment

Well, first of all, if you said it, it was probably profoundly ignorant and misguided...

Dear Jimmy. You are a dummy. First of all, can you show ANYWHERE where I praised anybody in Iran Contra? And you don't have a CLUE what I would do. You just assume that, because you are totally incapable of finding fault with your own pinko commie liberal party, that I'm the same way with the Republicans.

You assume, falsely, that I am a Republican. I am not. I have stated so numerous times. Haven't been in quite a while. I am an independent. And I don't blindly praise somebody just because they are a particular party, like you do.
                      Your posts betray you snowflake! I can't say that I blame you guys though for publicly denying your political affilliation, but then by defending their every action, it sort of gives you away.

Comment

...snowflake!
                        The dripping irony is of biblical flood proportions, you calling someone snowflake... QUICK CP!! Get your swim gear on before it covers us all!!

Bay Swim.jpg
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Your posts betray you snowflake!
                          Yeah, you're such a cute little goofus.

I can't say that I blame you guys though for publicly denying your political affilliation, but then by defending their every action, it sort of gives you away.
                          Well, if you had half a brain, you'd realize I'm not defending Trump - I'm more disgusted with Hillary. And, SHEEEESH, aren't you the lying little pile of horsiepoo who registered on Tweb as a CONSERVATIVE? So, that's YOUR game, Jimmy.

wow

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            The dripping irony is of biblical flood proportions, you calling someone snowflake... QUICK CP!! Get your swim gear on before it covers us all!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18062[/ATTACH]
                            It's like Michael Moore calling me fat!

I'm devastated, Bill. Got a tissue?

Comment

Your posts betray you snowflake! I can't say that I blame you guys though for publicly denying your political affilliation, but then by defending their every action, it sort of gives you away.
                              OK, so the Height of Hippo-crassy Award goes to.... (drumroll, please)......

Originally posted by Raphael
                              I remember when JimL used to try and pretend to be a conservative Republican
                              Originally posted by JimL
                              Well, I guess I was wrong, you're just lying.
                              Originally posted by Raphael
                              ahem:
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]18068[/ATTACH]

from here: https://web.archive.org/web/20110917...t-doesn-t-move
                              And, to my knowledge, Jimmy has yet to apologize to Raph!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Cow Poke; 08-24-2016, 07:23 AM.

Comment

I'm devastated, Bill. Got a tissue?
                                Snowflakes love hugs! Here you go...
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment