Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Black Lives Matter Coalition Makes Demands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Lives Matter Coalition Makes Demands

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us...-campaign.html

Source: NYTimes

More than 60 organizations associated with the Black Lives Matter movement have released a series of demands on Monday, including for reparations.

The list of six platform demands is aimed at furthering their goals as the presidential campaign heads into the homestretch.

The release of the six demands comes a few days before the second anniversary of the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., which set off months of protests and led to a national conversation about police killings of blacks.

As part of the effort, the groups are demanding, among other things, reparations for what they say are past and continuing harms to African-Americans, an end to the death penalty, legislation to acknowledge the effects of slavery, as well as investments in education initiatives, mental health services and jobs programs.

© Copyright Original Source

The demands....
    • End the war on black people
    • Reparations
    • Invest-Divest
    • Economic Justice
    • Community Control
    • Political Power
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    • End the war on black people
    • Reparations
    • Invest-Divest
    • Economic Justice
    • Community Control
    • Political Power
    Why would it be fair for my tax dollars to go for reparations when I or my family never owned slaves - and to pay people who never were slaves. And why don't black people end the war on themselves?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Reparations only really make sense if it's the actual people who were enslaved. So I think it was right to pay some to the people who were locked up with Japanese American internment. That doesn't mean we have to keep paying Japanese American people for the next two centuries.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Typical liberal "gimme gimme I am a victim" thinking

Comment