Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Olympic Mall in Munich, Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.newshub.co.nz/world/fatal...#axzz4FNFTyUej

Source: 3News

Fatal explosion rocks German restaurant
    One person has been killed and 10 injured in an explosion in Ansbach, near the German city of Nuremberg, with some officials saying it may not have been an accident.
    A police spokesman had no immediate information on the cause of the blast, which was first reported at 10:12pm on Sunday, he said.
    The mayor of Ansbach said the blast was caused by an explosive device, local newspapers reported while a spokesman for the Bavarian interior ministry said it appeared to have been intentional.
    Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann was being briefed about the incident.
    The Nuernberger Nachrichten newspaper reported that the blast occurred at a restaurant in Ansbach.
    Germany's NTV television reported that officials suspected the explosion was caused by a gas leak. It said a nearby music festival had been cancelled for the evening.
    Tensions are high in Germany at the moment, after a series of violent incidents recently.
    On Sunday (local time), a man killed a woman in a machete attack in the southern German town of Reutlingen, and last week a young man shot and killed nine people in Munich.
    Newshub. / Reuters

© Copyright Original Source

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Don't know if it was touched on in this thread, but this girl did some digging and found some disturbing stuff. Apparently there is a network of terrorists, but instead of it being directly linked to Islam, it's a network of young psychos infatuated with mass shootings (warning, there is a bit cussing some might find offensive)...

Though she did say she found pro-ISIS references, what it looks like to me is just a network of extremely disturbed young men, and perhaps the ISIS references is just a result of it being so focused on in pop culture. She also seemed to be shocked by the McDonalds video game massacre when there are in fact tons of fps games just like that. In GTA, for example, you could go on a similar mass shooting spree which is actually much more realistic than even the game in the video (I'm personally a fan of these types of video games, so I'm not knocking the games themselves). I don't jump the gun like she does and believe they should all be arrested -- I mean what are you going to arrest them for? -- but they should definitely be closely monitored, perhaps by a group a little less incompetent than the FBI or the NSA
      Last edited by seanD; 07-26-2016, 11:08 PM.

Comment