Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cyprus haircuts, American style? What laws are applicable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    Oh, you think Cypriot haircuts didn't happen or anything like those. Not going to argue with you. You think the Fed didn't bail out all those banks, Freddie Mac, etc.
    No, I think the story in your OP is a load of nonsense.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Menacing banking actions with a bit more teeth...

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...#axzz2uTDDMXRq

Comment

Sheesh... I wonder why Cap One would even want to be that aggressive....hm....could there be problems in THEIR wallet?
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          Sheesh... I wonder why Cap One would even want to be that aggressive....hm....could there be problems in THEIR wallet?
          They say they won't actually do it ... but if you believe that, I have some nice real-estate investments that you may be interested in.

Comment

I checked that email out for being a spoof--probably not. I compared the heading of the warning email with that of a previous email from the source. As far as I can tell, there is no important difference. The email about the bank experience asked the mailing list to send in reports of similar or sinister experiences. I may have something to report next week if not sooner.

Comment

I checked that email out for being a spoof--probably not. I compared the heading of the warning email with that of a previous email from the source. As far as I can tell, there is no important difference. The email about the bank experience asked the mailing list to send in reports of similar or sinister experiences. I may have something to report next week if not sooner.
              If it's not a spoof, then I am forced to the conclusion that it is either a lie on the part of the originator, or a false rumor passed along without taking any time to verify.

Comment

I did say that he is asking for similar stories from his mailing list.

Comment

I did say that he is asking for similar stories from his mailing list.
                  TS, do you see what's happening?

You have somebody with an unfounded rumor. Instead of researching the facts, He (I assume the author is a he) is simply looking for more unfounded rumors to add to the "evidence" he is compiling. And when the story is published )or whatever the final use is), all you have is a series of unfounded rumors and no actual evidence.

Is that actually "truth," or a grand game of Telephone? Are you seeking truth, or are you seeking a comfortable lie that tickles your ears?

Comment

Okay, so there were like several major banker suicides the past week or so, Mt. Gox was shut down, a few major military maneuvers and revolutions happened, and THIS is the story you come up with?

The mundane stupidity, the failure to grab opportunities that are practically dropped into your lap by more mainstream conspiracy sites, the bringing forward of unverified non-issues that fall apart at a moment's investigation...It's becoming more and more clear that "Truthseeker" is an NSA plant meant to discredit conspiracy theorists.

Comment

US and British government collecting and storing webcam images of the populace.

US government had penetrated Osama bin Laden's inner circle with an fbi operative prior to 911 that has since disappeared and was kept out of the 911 Commission Report.

A couple more stories that are far more outrageous and disturbing and outlandish if they weren't proven facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Outis View Post
                        TS, do you see what's happening?

You have somebody with an unfounded rumor. Instead of researching the facts, He (I assume the author is a he) is simply looking for more unfounded rumors to add to the "evidence" he is compiling. And when the story is published )or whatever the final use is), all you have is a series of unfounded rumors and no actual evidence.

Is that actually "truth," or a grand game of Telephone? Are you seeking truth, or are you seeking a comfortable lie that tickles your ears?
                        Fe fi fo fum! I smell a troll.

Comment

Fe fi fo fum! I smell a troll.
                          I'm not trolling, TS. I already know the government does a lot of things it shouldn't. But I want specific, fact-based accusations, like what SeanD posted ... not rumors.

Comment

Nobody in this thread has shown he knows something. One Bad Pig was rather emphatic, but that only shows how sure he is that he knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Outis View Post
                              I'm not trolling, TS. I already know the government does a lot of things it shouldn't. But I want specific, fact-based accusations, like what SeanD posted ... not rumors.
                              I've said that something could come up next week. Maybe 2 weeks. Impatient, aren't you.

Comment

I've said that something could come up next week. Maybe 2 weeks. Impatient, aren't you.
                                Very.

Comment