Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gun Rights: How The Left Will Push Us Into Civil War:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Rights: How The Left Will Push Us Into Civil War:

Let's try this: The First Amendment does not extend to the members general public. You must show "good reason" before you can speak in public.

A divided federal appeals court in California ruled Thursday that there is no constitutional right to carry a concealed handgun, adding to a division among the lower courts on gun rights outside the home.

By a vote of 7-4, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco upheld a California law that requires gun owners to show a good reason before they can get a license to carry a concealed handgunsimply does not extend to the carrying of concealed firearms in public by members of the general public."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-carry-n589041
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Words can't directly, immediately, or literally kill anyone, while misused guns can. Come on, seer. Plenty of Republicans don't support concealed carry in public by members of the general public. Try as you might to make it one, this simply isn't a left-wing vs right-wing thing.
    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Since when do militiamen carry concealed handguns? During the Revolutionary War pistols were too big to hide?
      Get off it, Seer (your self-importance).
      Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
        Words can't directly, immediately, or literally kill anyone, while misused guns can. Come on, seer. Plenty of Republicans don't support concealed carry in public by members of the general public. Try as you might to make it one, this simply isn't a left-wing vs right-wing thing.
        And? Guns don't kill anyone either - they are inanimate objects. And really? Which Republicans don't support concealed carry? So again, which other Constitutional right do you have to show "good reason" before you can practice it?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
          Since when do militiamen carry concealed handguns? During the Revolutionary War pistols were too big to hide?
          Get off it, Seer (your self-importance).
          The Second Amendment is not only for Militiamen - we all have the right to self-defense.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            And? Guns don't kill anyone either ...
            My favorite incoherence from "gun nuts."

So then, what's the point in having them?

Comment

Personally, I own guns because they can kill people, which is why wielding one makes you safer, but maybe that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post

Heavy metal toy go boom. Tear pretty holes in paper.
                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Nonsense - a gun is an inanimate object. It is a PERSON using a gun that kills. Just as hammers don't kill people, people swinging hammers kill people.

Comment

Let's try this: The First Amendment does not extend to the members general public. You must show "good reason" before you can speak in public.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-carry-n589041
                    In all honesty I don't really think there is a constitutional right to concealed carry. Open carry is a different issue.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't think this will start a shooting civil war. Assuming this will be the issue that sparks it in the US, it will likely occur when they try and implement a nationwide gun registry (and if Hillary is elected this is a sure thing in the next decade). Gun owners will simply not comply like they did in NY and Connecticut, which will then force federal government to take action against such civil disobedience.

Comment

The Second Amendment is not only for Militiamen - we all have the right to self-defense.
                        The Second Amendment makes our right to bear arms analogous to the need for a militia. My point stands.
                        Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          I don't think this will start a shooting civil war. Assuming this will be the issue that sparks it in the US, it will likely occur when they try and implement a nationwide gun registry (and if Hillary is elected this is a sure thing in the next decade). Gun owners will simply not comply like they did in NY and Connecticut, which will then force federal government to take action against such civil disobedience.
                          Right, this is just one more nail in the coffin, and clearly shows the direction and mind set of the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                            The Second Amendment makes our right to bear arms analogous to the need for a militia. My point stands.
                            NO IT DOESN'T.

The Heller case proves you wrong:

The Supreme Court held:
                            (1) The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militiahttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distri...mbia_v._Heller

Comment

Nonsense - a gun is an inanimate object. It is a PERSON using a gun that kills. Just as hammers don't kill people, people swinging hammers kill people.
                              If it's the person doing the killing, then there's no point having a gun.

Repeating an incoherent thought makes it more obvious.

Comment