Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

You want $15/hr? How about $0/hr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eider View Post
    Dear oh dear me!
    You just don't seem to understand why businesses exist!
    Your whole mindset in this thread seems to be badly askew, like some others as well.
    But, tell me first, why you think the businesses exist....... you might prefer to do the telling furst since you seem to think that you've got this off pat.......

Come on....... why do businises exist? The answer to that question throws light on the Opening post and that recently failed 'Ed'.... :)
    oh oh!! let me try!!

So the illuminati can control the minds and souls of the people?

Did I get it right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Do you talk like that in real life?
      ....real life!
      Ha ha!
      Do you talk like that? ☺

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        oh oh!! let me try!!

So the illuminati can control the minds and souls of the people?

Did I get it right?
        Nope!
        But you do get a mark for putting your name at the top of your answer. 😁

Comment

Nope!
          But you do get a mark for putting your name at the top of your answer. 😁
          please, don't drink and type.

I was talking to Spartacus.

Comment

....real life!
            Ha ha!
            Do you talk like that? ☺
            I use the expression "real life" as opposed to online activity, yes. I do not, however, talk like a princess.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I use the expression "real life" as opposed to online activity, yes. I do not, however, talk like a princess.
              Well you wouldn't, would you? ...... Talk like a princess. Nor like a prince? Come to think of it, I don't think that you talk in a loving, caring, understanding, supporting way for the whole community that must be around you, not at all.

I just get the impression that if some fast food retailer's franchisees dumped their staff in favour of robot-waiters that you might think it is a great idea, and to blazes with those workers? I begin to see why workers in various industries and services might club together to unite within unions; after all, you seem to support 'survival of the fittest' in which case the US might need to see a new union evolve....... uh, oh, sorry, that word..... again!

Comment

Well you wouldn't, would you? ...... Talk like a princess. Nor like a prince? Come to think of it, I don't think that you talk in a loving, caring, understanding, supporting way for the whole community that must be around you, not at all.
                You don't have a clue how I respond to the whole community around me.

I just get the impression that if some fast food retailer's franchisees dumped their staff in favour of robot-waiters that you might think it is a great idea, and to blazes with those workers?
                And, once again, you would be wrong. But flipping hamburgers and baptizing french fries is not intended as a career. It's an entry point.

I begin to see why workers in various industries and services might club together to unite within unions; after all, you seem to support 'survival of the fittest' in which case the US might need to see a new union evolve....... uh, oh, sorry, that word..... again!
                Unions served their purpose. I have been a union member at times. To unionize fast food workers, however, would be downright dumb.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You don't have a clue how I respond to the whole community around me.

And, once again, you would be wrong. But flipping hamburgers and baptizing french fries is not intended as a career. It's an entry point.

Unions served their purpose. I have been a union member at times. To unionize fast food workers, however, would be downright dumb.
                  Who in their right mind would WANT to have an entire career flipping burgers at a fast food restaurant?

I think Unions are a stupid idea. They are already complaining about people taking the money they deserve. That is what unions do. They make promises, take their dues, and then make you go on strike, where you make NO money. In the fast food world, you will always have teenagers that are willing to work non uniionized and for lower pay, because all they want is some experience and a little spending money to go on dates. And that is what those jobs are meant to do. They are not meant as a lifetime career.

Comment

I just get the impression that if some fast food retailer's franchisees dumped their staff in favour of robot-waiters that you might think it is a great idea, and to blazes with those workers? I begin to see why workers in various industries and services might club together to unite within unions; after all, you seem to support 'survival of the fittest' in which case the US might need to see a new union evolve....... uh, oh, sorry, that word..... again!
                    The main point of the thread is that a minimum wage causes unemployment--causes some workers' incomes to drop to zero. The minimum wage was first proposed in the so-called Progressive Era as a method of eugenics: make the poor/unskilled legally unemployable so they'll then be weeded out in a 'survival of the fittest'.

Raising wages by unions has a similar effect. Like any cartel, they raise their price by restricting output (the demand curve is downward-sloping). In the case of a labor cartel, that means people are unemployed/underemployed.

Comment

Who in their right mind would WANT to have an entire career flipping burgers at a fast food restaurant?

I think Unions are a stupid idea. They are already complaining about people taking the money they deserve. That is what unions do. They make promises, take their dues, and then make you go on strike, where you make NO money. In the fast food world, you will always have teenagers that are willing to work non uniionized and for lower pay, because all they want is some experience and a little spending money to go on dates. And that is what those jobs are meant to do. They are not meant as a lifetime career.
                      Smart people are trying to get OUT of unions. So, maybe unions think burger flippers are stupid, so they're easy targets?

Comment

Smart people are trying to get OUT of unions. So, maybe unions think burger flippers are stupid, so they're easy targets?
                        unions think everyone is stupid. Or at least greedy. They prey on greed, and leave bodies in their wake. They get workers "worked" up about idiotic things, claim that they are being taken advantage of by the employers, then convince the workers to strike, and try to force management to give in to outrageous demands, and if they don't they leave the workers to fend for themselves. Which ends up making them poorer than before, paying union fees and not getting paychecks. Unions are leeches. Bleed the workers dry and move on.

Comment

unions think everyone is stupid. Or at least greedy. They prey on greed, and leave bodies in their wake. They get workers "worked" up about idiotic things, claim that they are being taken advantage of by the employers, then convince the workers to strike, and try to force management to give in to outrageous demands, and if they don't they leave the workers to fend for themselves. Which ends up making them poorer than before, paying union fees and not getting paychecks. Unions are leeches. Bleed the workers dry and move on.
                          Which is why unions have to CHEAT and lie and resort to trickery to get themselves into companies.

Comment

• but seriously I don't think unions would work in fast food. Not for long. Unions usually work because skilled labor is hard to find, or the work is so hard (like coal mining) that it makes it hard for employers to find replacements if there is a strike. With fast food, any schmuck with an arm can flip a burger or ask "you want fries with that?" - so if the workers went on strike, the employers could replace them with scabs in half an hour. The unions would have no leverage.

Comment

but seriously I don't think unions would work in fast food. Not for long. Unions usually work because skilled labor is hard to find, or the work is so hard (like coal mining) that it makes it hard for employers to find replacements if there is a strike. With fast food, any schmuck with an arm can flip a burger or ask "you want fries with that?" - so if the workers went on strike, the employers could replace them with scabs in half an hour. The unions would have no leverage.
                              If a fast food place had a strike, I think I'd not eat there --- no telling WHAT they're doing to the food they serve.

Comment

If a fast food place had a strike, I think I'd not eat there --- no telling WHAT they're doing to the food they serve.
                                well the people who would do something to the food would be on strike and not making the food so you should be safe.

Comment