Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Derangement Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    You are right there. Trump matches our sick and evil national id quite well.
    What was that phrase Doc Ostrow said from Forbidden Planet... "Monsters, John. Monsters from the id?"
    When I Survey....

Comment

What is the "European culture"?
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
        What you just said makes me want to vomit. You need to do an examination of conscience seer. trump represents greed The concept of the id according to Freud was greed, evil desires and lust. And if that is what you want, you need to look at yourself as a whole. bloodlust doesn't fit anywhere inside me and it doesn't fit in the realm of Christian belief. Read the Bible you believe in. I'm 100 percent with Jed here.
        I said nothing about blood lust, and if you want to talk about greed and corruption look at the Clintons.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Nonsense, there is so much more going on here. He is our national id, the vessel for our anger at both political parties who have sold us out on trade and immigration. We want to blow up the status quo and he is wearing our suicide vest. We are tired of political correctness and holding our tongue, and he has given a male voice to the muted and kowtowed. The last great hope of the American, European culture.
          Do you believe he is going to build a wall and that Mexico is going to pay for it? Do you believe he is going to round up and deport 11 million immigrants? Do you believe that he or anyone else running is actually going to repeal the ACA and throw 20 million people off health insurance. Trump is only saying now what he knows the crazies in the conservative base want to hear, irregardless of his past views, which is alienating him from the other 70% of the voting public. The only republican contender I would be concerned about as a liberal is John Kasich due to his history of governance and his comparative sanity, but I don't think I need worry about him considering the authoritarian (daddy state) desires of the conservative base.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            We want to blow up the status quo and he is wearing our suicide vest.
            You got the "suicide" part right. =)

Comment

Trump has his own derangement syndrome and the people are stupid enough to follow him
              And you're stupid enough to support Hillary instead.

Comment

You're right I don't. Trump values no one but himself and those who work to keep him rich.
                And there are LOTS of those who WORK to keep him rich.

The emphasis is on WORK, i.e., he at least EMPLOYEES lots of people -- unlike any of the other candidates on either side.

Comment

There is no one who is a real possibility who does respect the constitution. The constitution seems to be passe today.
                  Ted Cruz is a real possibility, and he does indeed respect the Constitution.

Comment

There is no one who is a real possibility who does respect the constitution. The constitution seems to be passe today.
                    Doesn't the Constitution require at least some interpretation?

Or is it analogous to the Genesis Creation stories for YECs?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Do you believe he is going to build a wall and that Mexico is going to pay for it?
                      I believe he will reduce illegal immigration to a trickle. Whether he does that with a wall or 101 Airborne Division matters not to me. And what is just as important to us is doing something about these trade deals that are killing American jobs.

Do you believe he is going to round up and deport 11 million immigrants?
                      He may not round them up, it will be good enough to deport those government officials and police come across in daily activity. He certainly will end catch and release. Besides most of us are not worried about those who are here as long as they get control of the border.

Do you believe that he or anyone else running is actually going to repeal the ACA and throw 20 million people off health insurance.
                      No, he did not say that. He will replace the ACA. He will actually expand Medicaid through state block grants for the poor.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...lthcare-reform

Trump is only saying now what he knows the crazies in the conservative base want to hear, irregardless of his past views, which is alienating him from the other 70% of the voting public.
                      We will see Jim. BTW Kasich is my second choice.
                      Last edited by seer; 03-05-2016, 10:37 AM.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                        Doesn't the Constitution require at least some interpretation?
                        Like with any document it is important to understand the original intent of the authors.

Comment

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
                          No he doesn't. He is a constitutional lawyer who argues before the SCOTUS, but his skill is in debate and therefore LYING about what the Constitution says and DOES NOT SAY.
                          He lies that a constitutional amendment is the only way to reverse current thought that EVERYONE born in the U. S. is automatically a U. S. citizen. Even people who are not strict constructionists know that this is not true. (Native Americans were not citizens until Congress made it so, for example.) Far as that goes, he lies that he was born a U. S. citizen. He was born in Canada with therefore the Canadian allegiance of his father.
                          His most notable characteristic is that he is a liar.
                          Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            What is the "European culture"?
                            Being white.

Comment

More likely, "Being Protestant". Have it both way, WASP.
                              Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
                                I am not sure that he is a real possibility. I could vote for him if he were the candidate. None of the others.
                                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment