Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pope Attacks Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope Attacks Trump

So why hasn't the Pope questioned the faith of Obama for supporting abortion?

ABOARD THE PAPAL PLANE (AP) -- Pope Francis said Thursday that Donald Trump is "not Christian" if he intends to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border. Trump immediately fired back, saying it is disgraceful for a religious leader to question a person's faith.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I could think of a lot of other reasons, but that would not be one of them.
    When I Survey....

Comment

Didn't God command Nehemiah to build a wall?

Comment

This should not be surprising with such a liberal pope.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
          Perhaps for the same reason that he didn't condemn Trump for having always supported abortion -- until supposedly becoming pro-life when he announced that he was running for president.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Perhaps for the same reason that he didn't condemn Trump for having always supported abortion -- until supposedly becoming pro-life when he announced that he was running for president.
            Abortion is far more morally abhorrent than building a wall on our southern border.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
              Abortion is far more morally abhorrent than building a wall on our southern border.
              besides that is just Trump blowing smoke. He would never get such a wall built and he knows it.

Comment

I think that Trump's stance on immigration is not consistent with Christianity, but I would prefer to say "this is not a Christian position" than "he is not a Christian". Having said that, I personally heavily doubt Trump's professions of faith.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  I think that Trump's stance on immigration is not consistent with Christianity, but I would prefer to say "this is not a Christian position" than "he is not a Christian". Having said that, I personally heavily doubt Trump's professions of faith.
                  I agree.

I also personally heavily doubt the pope's profession of faith.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Something to do with Mexicans and Catholicism?

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                      ?????
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                        I heavily doubt that's come into consideration. It's not as if Francis hasn't said anything against abortion. Just the other day he called it evil and a "crime" in response to calls for liberalizing birth control policies in the wake of the Zika virus.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

And isn't the Vatican surrounded by high walls? Why don't they take in hundreds of refuges...

Comment

Is Obama a Catholic? In that case I think Pope Benedict XVIth already made the Church's position clear to him. The relationships between the Vatican and Obama have been fairly cold as of late.

At any rate, I will not defend or attack the pope here. The infallibility of the pope extends only to very specific pronouncements. Though I do think that Trump is a really bad choice for president, and his policies on immigration are not only not wise, but not really consistent with Christian teachings.

Trump is riding the Tea Party wave, or what's left of it. And he doesn't mind putting a knife in the back of anyone who stands between him and his goal of presidency, and I have no doubt that he'll sacrifice all the promises once he gets there. The wall to Mexico is a fantasy, as is any kind of deportation of illegal immigrants. It ain't gonna happen. And while I'm sure he'll cause quite a mess, and perhaps even start another really expensive war, there's no way he's going to do much if anything about abortion.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              I heavily doubt that's come into consideration. It's not as if Francis hasn't said anything against abortion. Just the other day he called it evil and a "crime" in response to calls for liberalizing birth control policies in the wake of the Zika virus.
                              So why doesn't he question Obama's faith? Hillary claims she is a Christian - why not attack her faith?

Comment