Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What kind of clothing should Christians wear when in public?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Quantum Weirdness View Post
    This is a topic that really isn't that clear to me.

Say that you are going to the beach. Should a male be wearing just a boxer shorts or pants leaving his entire top uncovered? Should a female wear just a bikini?
    The Bible is silent on what kind of clothing to wear for Christians. Jesus probably wore a cloak and possibly a commoner's toga. David danced in his skivvies in public on one occasion, Adam and Eve wore fig leaves, etc... It's just not a legalistic thing.

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    Like this. Cute pretty modest and attractive.a91568d52eb1c3340cf6b95eb2d7dead.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Ana Dragule
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thewriteranon
    replied
    My mom suggested using the sports bras and hot shorts made out of the dry fit fabric the other day. Certainly something I'll keep in mind for my next Six Flags adventure. I always have to wear a swimsuit under my clothes because I ride the Aquaman.

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    I started wearing swimsuit long tangs with thick straps high necks and short swim skirt's just enough to cover the top of my hip/thigh. I also have some 50's style bottoms to fit with a tank. As far as dress goes I don't wear anything revealing low cut at least not without a scarf or cover. All my skirts and dresses are just above the knee or lower and my shorts fit loose have 3 inches above the knee 4 or 5 at the beach or lake but I genuinely like loose long dresses and Capri pants plus there is the coverage factor. No need for anyone but hubby to see more

Leave a comment:

• Cerealman
    replied
    Why would we wear tortellinis?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

We has bare ankle there!

Hopefully we don't have to resort to the "burquini" as seen in some Muslim countries

000000000Burqini.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Cerealman
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Yep.[ATTACH=CONFIG]4570[/ATTACH]
    oh...

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
    It's been years since I could find a good bathing suit that wasn't a bikini. I'm uncomfortable with displaying my body for other reasons as well, though, so most of the time I either have high waisted shorts or a sleeveless top over it though. And mine (my only swimsuit because anxiety reasons) is a bit retro in the top to begin with.
    I'm seriously considering making one. Nothing fits and the ones with skirts are too long.

Leave a comment:

• thewriteranon
    replied
    It's been years since I could find a good bathing suit that wasn't a bikini. I'm uncomfortable with displaying my body for other reasons as well, though, so most of the time I either have high waisted shorts or a sleeveless top over it though. And mine (my only swimsuit because anxiety reasons) is a bit retro in the top to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
    Back in the day the women wore does onesies right?
    Yep.swimearlyvics400new.jpg

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Could, yes. But seriously, why would you wear basically your undies if not to titilate or at least excite a response? Modesty has as much to do with intent as yardage.
    Are there any modern swimsuits that aren't at least in part designed to titillate or at least excite a response? Admittedly some more than others.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Quantum Weirdness View Post
    What's modest though, Teal? Could a bikini/boxer shorts be modest?
    Could, yes. But seriously, why would you wear basically your undies if not to titilate or at least excite a response? Modesty has as much to do with intent as yardage.

Leave a comment:

• Cerealman
    replied
    Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    I admit I enjoy seeing bikinis. I nonetheless do not see them as modest by any stretch, and they should not be worn in public. Prudish? That is me.
    Back in the day the women wore does onesies right?

Leave a comment:

• Cerealman
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    (what we used to call "fanny flossers" when they were first introduced)

now-thats.jpg

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X