Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What kind of clothing should Christians wear when in public?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mossrose
    replied
    I am not reading that! It's too long!

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    But, a bikini is More modest than no clothing....
    http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...m-and-Clothing

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    I admit I enjoy seeing bikinis. I nonetheless do not see them as modest by any stretch, and they should not be worn in public. Prudish? That is me.
    Some are more modest than others. Those with spaghetti strings attached to a couple of postage stamps for a top and a thong (what we used to call "fanny flossers" when they were first introduced) for a bottom are by no stretch of the imagination modest.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    I admit I enjoy seeing bikinis. I nonetheless do not see them as modest by any stretch, and they should not be worn in public. Prudish? That is me.
    But, a bikini is More modest than no clothing....

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
    And If I'm going to the beach and I'm going for a swim, I'm taking my shirt off.
    And contextually, I don't think anybody reasonably would consider a topless male at the pool or beach to be immodest.

Leave a comment:

• Cerealman
    replied
    This thread is going to end up being opinion based in the end,so does it really matter?
    And If I'm going to the beach and I'm going for a swim, I'm taking my shirt off.

Leave a comment:

• Quantum Weirdness
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Another issue we don't think of is simple/fancy. Roger Olson argues that it is a sin to buy clothing because of a designer name. I don't know if I'd go that far though.
    True. Though I think that a bit of fancy clothing (such as a beautiful dress) isn't much of a bad thing. It's when it gets excessive and show-offy that it becomes a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Quantum Weirdness
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Modest.
    What's modest though, Teal? Could a bikini/boxer shorts be modest?

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Another issue we don't think of is simple/fancy. Roger Olson argues that it is a sin to buy clothing because of a designer name. I don't know if I'd go that far though.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Modest.

Leave a comment:

• What kind of clothing should Christians wear when in public?

This is a topic that really isn't that clear to me.

Say that you are going to the beach. Should a male be wearing just a boxer shorts or pants leaving his entire top uncovered? Should a female wear just a bikini?
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X