Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

For Christians only - If pot were legal in your state would you use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Did you only try black coffee? Might want to try it with cream and sugar
    I do not like coffee with sugar. Cream is okay, but not sugar. Sweet coffee and coffee candies are unpleasant for me. I have a large cup most mornings, but if I miss it I do not get any noticeable effects.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      That does not respond to the fact that it does not count in Christianbookworm's post.
      I believe she got my intended point that she was doing special pleading.

In addition I have tried psychoactive drugs and caffeine does not seem to have any effect of that sort. What ever psychoactive quality it has is lost on me.
      It doesn't take much time for you to google caffeine and find out its classification.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        I just think it's disgusting, and I don't understand why anyone would willingly subject themselves to it.
        Cerebrum it's an aquired taste if you haven't aquired it you will never understand. lets just leave it at that. ok?

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          :shock: I hope you be kidding!
          CBW he is don't worry

Comment

• Used to smoke my share of pot back in "the day." It might even be fair to say I might even smoked someone else's share as well a couple times.

Now... If it were legal and didn't cost an arm and a leg I would probably indulge about the same way as I do with alcohol. About a dozen or less times a year.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post

It doesn't take much time for you to google caffeine and find out its classification.
              I wasn't being serious...
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I wasn't being serious...
                Neither was I.

Comment

Neither was I.
                  I thought you were Mr. Philosophy and Logic?
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I thought you were Mr. Philosophy and Logic?
                    The best jokes are philosophical.

Comment

'What ever psychoactive quality it has is lost on me. " This argues any classification how?
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Used to smoke my share of pot back in "the day." It might even be fair to say I might even smoked someone else's share as well a couple times.

Now... If it were legal and didn't cost an arm and a leg I would probably indulge about the same way as I do with alcohol. About a dozen or less times a year.
                        I smoked well more than my share, back in the day. It allowed me to escape from my troubles - mental ones. I don't need that today so not interested. A beer or two, a shot or two does not have a great impact on me, but pot has a much larger one.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Used to smoke my share of pot back in "the day." It might even be fair to say I might even smoked someone else's share as well a couple times.

I'm saving myself for cocaine.
                          "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

• No, because I'm a prude about such things; not for moral reasons but health reasons. But I support legalization.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              But I support legalization.
                              I have mixed feelings about legalization. It would have been best never to have been outlawed. But with the sad state our culture is in we might be in a world of hurt if the gate was just opened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                                I have mixed feelings about legalization. It would have been best never to have been outlawed. But with the sad state our culture is in we might be in a world of hurt if the gate was just opened.
                                It's the lesser of evils.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X