Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

For Christians only - If pot were legal in your state would you use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Texans are so weird, am I right?
    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
      Texans are so weird,
      Mostly in Austin

KAW.jpg

am I right?
      Not usually, but this time you are.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Do we need a page split? Because we !
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

We are working on it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

So, I wouldn't take marijuana because I'd rather not have dulled mental processes. Same reason I don't drink alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
              So, I wouldn't take marijuana because I'd rather not have dulled mental processes. Same reason I don't drink alcohol.
              Exactly -- I have enough damaged brain cells as it is!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I wouldn't use it recreationally. I might use it for pain management, if necessary. I hear that it is less addictive than some pain medications.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by HeteroDoxic View Post
                  Do you support the Apostle's Creed?
                  -------------------
                  Jup, although we may argue of some terms and find we differ some.
                  ======================

If that does not describe you your username does describe you and you are not an orthodox Christian and should not be posting here.
                  --------------------
                  Cry me a river. Show me something I posted that you can prove doesn't go by ANY of the Creeds, not just the oldest.... And show me how my interpretation of scripture was wrong, because I'm sticking to scripture over your interpretation of the creed.

When you go to immediately trying to get me banned just so you can avoid the conversation points, you don't present as a very intelligent guy. I"m sorry I intimidate you so much that you need to lash out as you did here.

We can work on that if you are willing.
                  Oh my, I simply asked the question to find out if you were eligible to be posting in this thread. If you are a Christian you are welcome in this thread. Simple as that. You seemed to me to be a bit looney so I felt I had the right to ask the question.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Pot was just made legal here in Oregon. I have no plans on using it for two reasons.

1. I hate even when I have to take Excedrin.

2. I'm dumb enough without it.
                    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

wow. This thread has gone wonky for sure.

Comment

It would be even worse if we were actually on drugs... which is why we don't! Caffeine and sugar doesn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                          It would be even worse if we were actually on drugs... which is why we don't! Caffeine and sugar doesn't count.
                          Caffeine is a psychoactive drug.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                            My doctor told me to drink more coffee.

True.

So it is is medical coffee and not recreational.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                              Presumably the only psychoactive recreational drug we might use. That's why I made it an exception to the not using recreational drugs!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                My doctor told me to drink more coffee.

True.

So it is is medical coffee and not recreational.
                                And dark chocolate is my heart medicine!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X