Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

For Christians only - If pot were legal in your state would you use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeteroDoxic View Post
    You addressed ME THE PERSON, not my comments.

That's attacking the person.
    Your comments reflect your behaviour.

That is the way this particular mode of communication works. What you type is all we know about you. So that is the ONLY way we can address you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Mossrose,

If my comemnts stand as given, the behavior is one of revelatory comments.

The fact you don't like WHAT I SAID or HOW I SAID IT is irrelevant, if the arguments hold up.

Also, I can't control the amount of TONE you read into what I type. That's on you. If you choose, as you DID, to judge the tone before you have a clue about the person, why the heck would I waste time investing in getting to know someone so immature? It's doomed to fail.

In other words Moss, I responded to you out of courtesy, I really don't care what you think about me the person. HOWEVER, when you come at me the person, and ignore the arguments, the reasoning etc.. I will point out, every time you attack the person not the arguments.

ANy other questions?

Comment

I don't know anything about you. I only know what I have observed as you post. You entered this thread like gangbusters, as if you have an ax to grind with other believers.

You don't know any of us, either, you only joined today! But you have made personal comments as if you do know us all and can't stand us.

All I am asking is that you take a step back, take a deep breath, and get off the offensive.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Old time religion, read Col 2 about people with their man made rules on what to touch, say, eat, etc... and how it's a shadow of the real thing, and not a positive shadow at that. It's a NO NO for you to impose those rules on people, and even on yourself.

Where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom. Who are you to strip another man's freedom away, whether by preaching or passive aggressive insinuations? It's wrong and Anti Christ behavior.
          wow

I thinks we haz us another holier-than-everybody.
          Last edited by Cow Poke; 11-06-2014, 04:25 PM.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Don't take stuff on the internet personally! I'd ask how old you were, HO, but your profile indicates(job as a chemist) that you should be old enough to realize that.
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
              I don't want to fight Christians.

sheesh
              You're wise --- not worth the trouble when somebody is that "knowed up" and looking for a fight.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You're wise --- not worth the trouble when somebody is that "knowed up" and looking for a fight.
                --------------
                omg, REALLY? SERIOUSLY???

He made a claim. I brought scripture to discuss, POINTS to reason over. COME LET US REASON... IRON SHARPENS IRON, etc.. etc...

He ran off.

I followed up.

You want to imply I was "knowed up?"

If you want a chat forum where no one thinks they have something worth saying, what are you going to do, pet your dog all day??? There won't be any chat.

I gave reasons for my disagreement. I didn't give them in a jerky way.

He left I asked a legitimate question>

You want to rag on me?

Grow up, please.

AND NOTE< you first words were insulting about me, so don't cry I'm a big fat meanie when I tell you to grow up. YOU REALLY NEED TO GROW UP!

Comment

wow

-----------
                  Do you always denigrate the person when they present scriptural reasoning you can't answer?

Why say I have the attitude then?

Comment

Do you always denigrate the person when they present scriptural reasoning you can't answer?
                    Scriptural reasoning? You are a bull in a china shop - and are about as reasonable as a hungry 2 year old.

Years of experience and discernment.

Comment

wow

-----------

Who peed in your cereal??? Someone explain why HO is having interpersonal issues with other twebbers!

Comment

AND NOTE< you first words were insulting about me, so don't cry I'm a big fat meanie when I tell you to grow up. YOU REALLY NEED TO GROW UP!

Comment

more personal attacks.

hard to pose on the high ground when you commit the sins you accuse folks of.

Hypocrite.

Comment

more personal attacks.

Hypocrite.

Comment

more personal attacks.

Hypocrite.
                              Like your personal attacks on jpholding? Or is only okay when you are the one attacking? Yeah, they're the hypocrites here.

Comment

more personal attacks.

Hypocrite.
                                You can only say hypocrite if you don't insult others while taking offense to insults. Or you can insult others as long as you don't take personal offense. Be glad we don't use cuss words here. There are areas of the internet(e.g. Youtube comments) where people will be even worse. You can't take anything on the internet personally.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X