Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

For Christians only - If pot were legal in your state would you use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
    I don't want to fight Christians.

sheesh
    He's admittedly heterodox. I'd love to know on what...
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I feel like I'm missing something.... HeteroDoxic, have you posted on Tweb before?
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by HeteroDoxic View Post
        ???? WHAT?

if you appear to have to change your views, you just roll up in a ball and run away?

Armadillo theology...

How scary to have a faith so weak any challenge sent you running. :(
        Or he just does not want to argue with a loony.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

It was a discusion. How insecure is your faith that you take ANY DISAGREEMENT as a fight?

That must make for a rough life in the real world... no wonder you make up so many fake rules and try to impose them on other Xians... you seek the masses.
          Do you support the Apostle's Creed? If that does not describe you your username does describe you and you are not an orthodox Christian and should not be posting here.

Do you believe the Apostle's Creed?
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            Or he just does not want to argue with a loony.
            man, is that all this joint is about?

When someone disagrees with you sling personal attacks rather than address the issues?

There must b ea lott mama's that needed to love their kids better for all that retarded angst.

There were points given behind everything I said.
            If they are crazy or stupid, it should have been NO ISSUE for people like you two braniacs to put me in my place and show me my errors.

Lacking that, just asserting your silliness and "nearly insults but not quite good enough to be one" it appears you just flap your jaw for self important posturing.

stick to the issues, look less a fool.

Comment

I have already smoked pot in my hippy youth. Don't need it or want it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                I have already smoked pot in my hippy youth. Don't need it or want it now.
                Yeah. You still have the hippie moustache though. Looks awesome.

Comment

man, is that all this joint is about?

When someone disagrees with you sling personal attacks rather than address the issues?

There must b ea lott mama's that needed to love their kids better for all that retarded angst.

There were points given behind everything I said.
                  If they are crazy or stupid, it should have been NO ISSUE for people like you two braniacs to put me in my place and show me my errors.

Lacking that, just asserting your silliness and "nearly insults but not quite good enough to be one" it appears you just flap your jaw for self important posturing.

stick to the issues, look less a fool.
                  Perhaps you would do well to look to yourself first. You seem to be name-calling with the best, and seem intent on provoking a reaction instead of contributing to civilized debate.

Around here, you get the respect you deserve, and if you give none, then you shouldn't be surprised when you get none in return.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Do you support the Apostle's Creed?
                    -------------------
                    Jup, although we may argue of some terms and find we differ some.
                    ======================

If that does not describe you your username does describe you and you are not an orthodox Christian and should not be posting here.
                    --------------------
                    Cry me a river. Show me something I posted that you can prove doesn't go by ANY of the Creeds, not just the oldest.... And show me how my interpretation of scripture was wrong, because I'm sticking to scripture over your interpretation of the creed.

When you go to immediately trying to get me banned just so you can avoid the conversation points, you don't present as a very intelligent guy. I"m sorry I intimidate you so much that you need to lash out as you did here.

We can work on that if you are willing.

Comment

Perhaps you would do well to look to yourself first. You seem to be name-calling with the best, and seem intent on provoking a reaction instead of contributing to civilized debate.
                      -------------
                      REally?

So I have 6 people in a row, attack ME not the arguments, and I AM THE ONE NOT CAPABLE of civilized debate? REALLY? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I've asked in nearly every post for you guys to get off my personal butt with your attacks and address the arguments.

The fact you went personal and avoided the arguments and I called you on it is NOT AD HOMINEM or NAME CALLING. IF you LIE and are told you are a liar it's NOT NAME CALLING it's a character behavior you have demonstrated. If you don't like that name, don't do the behavior and I can't call you on it.

When you avoid the points and address my person ONLY, you are attacking the person.

You can attack the arguments,
                      or the Person.
                      Or both.
                      It's only a logical offense when you attack the PERSON to avoid the arguments.
                      That's speech 1010. It's logic 1000.

You are outta line. You want to debate civilly? Bring me civil responses to the arguments I presented. When someone avoids the arguments and attacks the person speak out against that even if you know them better than the other person.

BE CONSISTENT in your judgments.

Stop being a whiner.

=============

Around here, you get the respect you deserve, and if you give none, then you shouldn't be surprised when you get none in return.
                      ---------------------
                      Around here, your arguments are ignored, your comments pretended to not exist, and your person is chastised. I've given MUCH MORE respect than I've received.

So, you can sit there and posture, or you can shut up and enter a conversation and discuss the points. Don't jump me personally then complain when I return the volley and try to get you back on the points.

I mean, that's about as fair as you can get, isn't it?

Comment

I have not attacked you at all. I have merely made some observations about your behaviour.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Can't you people just smoke some pot together and calm down?
                          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                            Can't you people just smoke some pot together and calm down?
                            I was gonna debate on tweb...but then I got high.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              I have not attacked you at all. I have merely made some observations about your behaviour.
                              You addressed ME THE PERSON, not my comments.

That's attacking the person.

Comment

Pot usually makes me paranoid and reflect morbidly on bad things in my life, don't really like it.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X