Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Nudism and Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a. Isaiah 47:3 - was addressed in Post #29.
    b. Genesis 9:23 - from Post #29:
    When associated directly with sin (orgies, temple prostitution, etc.) or indecent exposure (in the modern sense). In particular, situations where a person has willingly undressed causing surprise and shock to those not expecting such an encounter.
    c. Revelation 16:15 -Refers to spiritual inadequacy. (Post #75 - I also cited Isaiah 47:3 in this post as well as what took place with Noah).
    Last edited by foudroyant; 06-12-2014, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by moreta View Post
      As I recall, there are no commands against public drunkenness either, but there are strong suggestions against it.
      Drunkenness is wrong no matter where it occurs.
      Besides the few exceptions that I spoke of in Posts #29 and #75 nudity (public or private) is never condemned.
      Last edited by foudroyant; 06-12-2014, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
        Still zero passages against public nudity....how you can be so dead set against it without biblical support is indeed strange.
        So you're just gonna stick with throwing this verse away because of you're abortion excuse?
        If you can't discern right from wrong it seems you would need a guardian at all times.
        "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
        "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
        Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

• No need to admit now I already know you accept sin as avoidable.
          "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
          Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
            So you're just gonna stick with throwing this verse away because of you're abortion excuse?
            If you can't discern right from wrong it seems you would need a guardian at all times.
            Abortion excuse?

You simply could not offer a reasonable response to it. It proves your argument is invalid.

Another example but this time from the American past is slavery. Yes, it was legal and yes there were fugitive slave laws but if I knew of a slave or slaves fleeing for their freedom I wouldn't report them.
            Last edited by foudroyant; 06-13-2014, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Another example but this time from the American past is slavery. Yes, it was legal and yes there were fugitive slave laws but if I knew of a slave or slaves fleeing for their freedom I wouldn't report them.
              Comparison of nudity to slavery.

The Real People of walmart website called.

They lost their Idiot.
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Abortion excuse?

You simply could not offer a reasonable response to it. It proves your argument is invalid.

It's proves you're not bright enough to discern right from wrong there's a place for people like you,and people that are willing to help you.

Comparison of slavery to nudity,wow I almost cried.

Comment

• Amen on this.

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                  Comparison of nudity to slavery.

The Real People of walmart website called.

They lost their Idiot.
                  Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                  Comparison of slavery to nudity,wow I almost cried.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Hey, since that's how you people feel about fugitive slave laws back then then according to your misguided standards you would NOT be rendering unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's thereby invalidating your idiotic appeal to this passage.

Still a grand total of zero passages that affirm your position.

About time you threw in the towel on this one.
                    Last edited by foudroyant; 06-13-2014, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Hey, since that's how you people feel about fugitive slave laws back then then according to your misguided standards you would NOT be rendering unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's thereby invalidating your idiotic appeal to this passage.

Still a grand total of zero passages that affirm your position.

About time you threw in the towel on this one.

Like I said you're not bright enough to discern right from wrong how many times must I say this before you learn to read?
                      Learn to read and learn what Christian naturism teaches.

Comment

• I've only taken psychology 101 but I can already see you can't discern right from wrong,but lucky for you we have places for you.

Comment

• Learn to at least have 1 passage that supports your claim. Otherwise, can it.

No wonder you wouldn't debate this with me one on one.

Comment

From Post #29:

Why don't you choose just one passage in which you think is the strongest example for your position?

You can also address these:
                            1. Saul was prophesying a day and a night naked with no shame (1 Samuel 19:24). The same Hebrew word occurs in Genesis 2:25 and Job 1:21 and Ecclesiastes 5:15.
                            2. Isaiah 20:2-3 - God does not command what He condemns.

Still waiting.....
                            All of which you nitpicked because because the word naked or a form of the word is used then you use as an excuse as if these men were not commanded by God and what they did had a bigger purpose.
                            You truly are dim to say any verse you've claimed support nudity when anyone with an IQ higher than yours can see that what happened went beyond nudity. What happened was COMMANDED by God but like I said you cut the rest that out due to your dishonesty.
                            Like I also said when you're mentally stable and can discern right from wrong you'll be wise enough to know what to obey when "Cesar" tells you to.
                            Ignorant and a believer in "Christian" naturism when you knew nothing about it and still don't.
                            Last edited by Cerealman; 06-14-2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Learn to at least have 1 passage that supports your claim. Otherwise, can it.

No wonder you wouldn't debate this with me one on one.
                              I gave my reasons, because unlike you I have more important matters football and music production I'll say it again since I understand you can't read.
                              Whenever your manhood kicks in twinkle toes,admit you knew nothing about "Christian" naturism or the fact that they believe sin is avoidable.
                              Till then I don't need to hear from some child who got his feelings hurt when women in the western world stood up to a kid who wants everyone to see him naked.

Comment

• So again give what is due to Cesar this verse doesn't apply to you since yours mentally unstable and can't discern right from wrong.
                                The rest will know when Cesar is doing right or wrong till then have fun preaching sin is avoidable and sitting in prison for public indecency buttnaked and defending yourself with nitpicked verses.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X