Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Nudism and Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is expecting consistency a "mess"?
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      How is expecting consistency a "mess"?
      When it makes a mess of inane argument, the fault does not lie in the argument.

Quite simple really.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• They clothed a naked person. Where does it say it is a sin to remain naked - perhaps thye wanted to be clothed...others choose not to be.

'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' (Matthew 25:35-36, NASB).

Is it a sin to be hungry? No.
        Is it a sin to be thirsty? No.
        Is it a sin to be a stranger? No.
        Is it a sin to be naked? Prove your insistence that it is a "Yes".
        Last edited by foudroyant; 08-04-2014, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• Is it a sin to be hungry? No.
          Strewth. It's actually a logical challenge. I wonder who he stole it from.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Not from an idiot like you.
            --------------------------
            Clothing the naked refers to physical needs:
            Job 31:19 - If I have seen anyone perish for lack of clothing, Or that the needy had no covering (NASB)
            Isiah 58:7 - Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into the house; When you see the naked, to cover him; and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? (NASB)
            Ezekiel 18:7 - if a man does not oppress anyone, but restores to the debtor his pledge, does not commit robbery, but gives his bread to the hungry and covers the naked with clothing (NASB)
            James 2:15-16 - If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? (NASB)

Next time try finding a section of Scripture that pertains to the topic at hand not something you simply just hope will work.
            Last edited by foudroyant; 08-04-2014, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
              They clothed a naked person. Where does it say it is a sin to remain naked - perhaps thye wanted to be clothed...others choose not to be.

'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' (Matthew 25:35-36, NASB).

Is it a sin to be hungry? No.
              Is being hungry a preferred state? No.
              Is being thirsty a preferred state? No.
              Is being friendless a preferred state? No.
              Is being naked a preferred state? . . .
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Quite a few people enjoy not having any friends.

Comment

Quite a few people enjoy not having any friends.
                  Doubtful. People may become so emotionally scarred from bad relationships that they prefer none at all, but that can hardly be called enjoyable.
                  sigpic

Comment

Quite a few people enjoy not having any friends.
                    Exhibit A.
                    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• Figured an idiot would make an asinine joke like that.

Matthew 25 does not forbid public nudity. The attempt to say that it does has utterly failed.

Next.............
                      Last edited by foudroyant; 08-04-2014, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Doubtful. People may become so emotionally scarred from bad relationships that they prefer none at all, but that can hardly be called enjoyable.
                        Not enjoyable for you but it is for them.

Next passage in your futile hopes of proving something you can't.......

Comment

• Tis true enough, nothing in the Bible can be used to demonstrate that public nudity is inherently a sin. Public nudity in inappropriate circumstances would be, but that is a matter not directly associated with nudity.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Thank you.
                            End of discussion.

Comment

Not enjoyable for you but it is for them.
                              Er, no. Man is a social being, created in God's image.
                              Source: Gen 2:12

And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”

© Copyright Original Source

It looks like God disagrees that being alone is good.

And unfortunately for you, the other parallels are hunger and thirst. You're ignoring those for some reason - possibly because they disprove your attempted point.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Is being hungry a preferred state? No.
                                Is being thirsty a preferred state? No.
                                Is being friendless a preferred state? No.
                                Is being naked a preferred state? . . .
                                The first two aren't preferred states. The third probably isn't. The fourth depends on ambient conditions. If temperature is below 70 degrees F, keep moving or die of hypothermia.

In the ordinary course, all are unwelcome states to be in - but circumstances may make the 3rd and 4th acceptable.
                                Last edited by tabibito; 08-05-2014, 10:07 AM.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X