Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Nudism and Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most of your rabble was addressed in either Post #29 and Post #75.

Matthew 25 has to do with those in prison. If they had either no or little clothing that would be very uncomfortable (deadly?) during a winter in Jerusalem.

But keep on repeating the same things that have already been dealt with.
    Last edited by foudroyant; 08-02-2014, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
      Most of your rabble was addressed in either Post #29 and Post #75.

But keep on repeating the same things that have already been dealt with.
      Why are you so obsessed with running around naked, again?
      Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

• The implication from those previously cited posts seem to be that if it was ever okay for some people to be naked, it must be appropriate for people in all times to be naked. That does not logically follow. Paul stated that it was improper for men in Corinth to have long hair. However, it was not inappropriate for Samson to have long hair, nor for men who took the Nazirite vow. Using the logic presented earlier, the Corinthians could have told Paul he was wrong because it wasn't wrong for those other men.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
          Why are you so obsessed with running around naked, again?

I feel free.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            The implication from those previously cited posts seem to be that if it was ever okay for some people to be naked, it must be appropriate for people in all times to be naked. That does not logically follow. Paul stated that it was improper for men in Corinth to have long hair. However, it was not inappropriate for Samson to have long hair, nor for men who took the Nazirite vow. Using the logic presented earlier, the Corinthians could have told Paul he was wrong because it wasn't wrong for those other men.
            They couldn't have told Paul was wrong because he was writing under inspiration. The New Testament had not yet been completed.

Comment

Most of your rabble was addressed in either Post #29 and Post #75.
              More like ignorantly handwaved away. You and the cultural context are not well-acquainted. It should be obvious that Isaiah, Ezkiel, et al. were sent because the people were NOT ashamed of their sin - that's why God compared them to harlots!
              Matthew 25 has to do with those in prison. If they had either no or little clothing that would be very uncomfortable (deadly?) during a winter in Jerusalem.
              Oh, so we can freely ignore people who are naked or hungry or thirsty if they're not in prison?
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

They couldn't have told Paul was wrong because he was writing under inspiration. The New Testament had not yet been completed.
                But Paul said that long hair is always wrong for men, by the nature of things. I'm just using the same logic you are by concluding that one apparent approval of nudity would mean that nudity is okay in any other circumstance.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  But Paul said that long hair is always wrong for men, by the nature of things. I'm just using the same logic you are by concluding that one apparent approval of nudity would mean that nudity is okay in any other circumstance.
                  Exceptions did exist in the OT.
                  The Bible teaches that all must die but there are two exceptions that we know of where this did not apply.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Oh, so we can freely ignore people who are naked or hungry or thirsty if they're not in prison?
                    Not if they are cold and WANT clothing dummy.

Forcing people to clothe themselves and forcing people to undress are both wrong.

You still have a total of zero passages that supports your unbiblical cause.
                    Last edited by foudroyant; 08-02-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Not if they are cold and WANT clothing dummy.
                      I thought you said it only had to do with prison. Now it only has do do with being cold and wanting clothing. Which is it?
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• You cited a section from Scripture about being in prison.
                        If they are cold and wanted clothing I will try to clothe them.

The same holds true if they are out of prison.

Comment

You cited a section from Scripture about being in prison.
                          If they are cold and wanted clothing I will try to clothe them.

The same holds true if they are out of prison.
                          Then your initial answer was incorrect, yes?

Source: Matt 25:37-39 NKJV

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’

© Copyright Original Source

You do understand the difference between 'and' and 'or', correct? Also, notice it says nothing about them being cold and wanting clothing. The text assumes that one who is naked will want clothing. The only people who were willingly publicly naked in the NT were demon-possessed or trying to avoid capture.
                          sigpic

Comment

• But if they are in prison then the aren't publicly naked - the very thing you are against.

Comment

But if they are in prison then the aren't publicly naked - the very thing you are against.
                              Could you at least try to be consistent within 5 posts? First prison is what matters. Then being cold matters. Then you castigate me for mentioning prison - while ignoring the difference between "and" and "or".
                              sigpic

Comment

• Your approach is a mess.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X