Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Nudism and Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• or anything else

difficult for me to stoop to your reasoning level.

First sentence
    Post #149

Comment

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
      difficult for me to stoop to your reasoning level.
      Well, yeah, you can't "stoop" to something way above you.

I shall leave you to your prurient interests. Have fun.
      Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-30-2014, 11:57 PM.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• You will leave without supplying any biblical passages that refute what I am asserting....so yes, I will have fun.

Comment

You will leave without supplying any biblical passages that refute what I am asserting....so yes, I will have fun.
          Because, for you, "prurient" is fun.

unsubscribing.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• unsubscribing?
            It was "fun" seeing how you couldn't supply any biblical passages that refute what I am asserting....so yes, I will have fun.

You made an attempt in Post #144 but seeing that it was a complete failure you quit trying.

Good riddance to bad garbage.

Comment

• You may be right that the Bible never specifically forbids public nudity. But until I see evidence that nudity reduces things such as adultery, fornication, and rape I see no reason to adopt it. If you choose to be naked ONLY with fellow nudists and do not sin, I don't see what's wrong with it.
              Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

• The Bible does not specifically prohibit public nudity, at least not in so many words. There are specific prohibitions against nudity in the presence of certain people however. Unless you can be sure, if you are a man, that none of your female relatives may be present you are not to show your nakedness.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  Unless you can be sure, if you are a man, that none of your female relatives may be present you are not to show your nakedness.
                  What proof do you have that a Christian man is not to be nude where his female relatives can see him?
                  Last edited by foudroyant; 07-08-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

What proof do you have that a Christian man is not to be nude where his female relatives can see him?
                    Oh come now. You can't declare that nudism is lawful if women, but not men, are prohibited from being nude where their male relatives can see them. You could only declare that male nudity is lawful.
                    Enough evidence exists to show that men and women were commonly naked during baptism, and that men baptised women during the first years of Christianity. Nudity per se can't be shown to violate the law of Christ.
                    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                    Scripture before Tradition:
                    but that won't prevent others from
                    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Post #157 (not written by me) mentions this:

"There are specific prohibitions against nudity in the presence of certain people however. Unless you can be sure, if you are a man, that none of your female relatives may be present you are not to show your nakedness."

This is why I framed my question as such.

Comment

• Fair enough. Now if someone could cite anything from the current Covenant instead of the obsolete Covenant, there would perhaps be grounds to reconsider.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Even the Old Covenant does not forbid it as well.

Comment

Even the Old Covenant does not forbid it as well.
                            Assuredly, "exposing the nakedness of near relatives" Leviticus 18:6-19 can be understood as meaning to be in their presence while they are naked.
                            IMO Leviticus 20 shows the act of "exposing nakedness" to be sexual contact rather than simply being unclothed, but there is plenty of room to allow refusal of that understanding.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Keil & Delitzsch: Sexual intercourse is called uncovering the nakedness of another (Ezekiel 16:36; Ezekiel 23:18).
                              http://www.studylight.org/commentari...cgi?bk=2&ch=18

I don't understand it to mean being in their presence while they are naked.

How is their room to allow what you are asserting?

As mentioned earlier, there were over a million people walking in the wilderness for 40 years. No private bathrooms and no private bathing areas. One person mentioned about how he and some others went camping and they could look the other way. That might work with a few number of people but once you get into 100's of thousands let alone more than a million for 40 years (not some vacation) it is not really something to be compared.
                              Last edited by foudroyant; 07-12-2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Keil & Delitzsch: Sexual intercourse is called uncovering the nakedness of another (Ezekiel 16:36; Ezekiel 23:18).
                                I am fully aware of the fact - and fully aware that it takes more evidence than is available to convince people that it is true.
                                Either way, it is a ruling under the Obsolete Covenant - not a law with relevance to the New Covenant.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X