Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Nudism and Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
    The rest will know when Cesar is doing right or wrong

No, because they actually passed laws that were unjust.

14 pages so far and still zero passages.....and still your refusal (as well as anybody else) to debate this one on one.

Have fun believing in your world of make believe theology.

-bye-
    Last edited by foudroyant; 06-14-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post

14 pages so far and still zero passages.....and still your refusal (as well as anybody else) to debate this one on one.

-bye-
      More excuses hu? More excuses in attempt to throw a verse away?
      Knowing right from wrong does not mean you will not commit either so if someone passes a law that is unjust they can not discern right from or wrong or are they playing politics? Sorry try again I will be a senior next year perhaps you should join me in high school and learn to read.
      Once again the rest of us will discern right from wrong does not mean we will not mess up.
      Unlike you who knows nothing about "Christian" naturism. The verse still stands you may continue to cherry pick verses.
      Last edited by Cerealman; 06-14-2014, 11:23 PM.
      "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
      "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
      Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

-bye-
        Everyone has a life apparently news flash or I wouldn't be replying at random times,no one else has hardly said anything so it's not like your low IQ has been interrupted.
        "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
        "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
        Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

• You are doing okay, Cerealman.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Flatly, in a society where nudity is the norm, the wearing of a shirt or blouse might easily be considered an unseemly display of ostentation.
            No Biblical injunction against public nudity exists - these are matters of cultural mores.
            Historical references strongly indicate (but do not prove beyond doubt) that during the first century, the participants in baptism were naked.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
              Historical references strongly indicate (but do not prove beyond doubt) that during the first century, the participants in baptism were naked.
              In the early church, there were deaconesses for exactly that reason.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                No Biblical injunction against public nudity exists
                Amen

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  You are doing okay, Cerealman.
                  He's doing "okay" in supplying zero biblical passages that refute my assertion.
                  -------------------------------------------
                  I'm willing to debate public nudity with anyone in a one on one debate.

Any takers?
                  Last edited by foudroyant; 06-30-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                    Foudy, you sound like someone whose concerned only about himself and not others. Scripture preaches modesty. I don't think I need to say much more than that.
                    Let's see... nudists in the Bible.... OH YEAH, there was that CRAZY guy out of whom Jesus cast DEMONS!

Source: Luke 8:26-39

26 And they arrived at the country of the Gadarenes, which is over against Galilee. 27 And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in [any] house, but in the tombs. 28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, [thou] Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not. 29 (For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains and in fetters; and he brake the bands, and was driven of the devil into the wilderness.) 30 And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him. 31 And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep. 32 And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them. 33 Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked. 34 When they that fed [them] saw what was done, they fled, and went and told [it] in the city and in the country. 35 Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.

© Copyright Original Source

Kinda reminds me of Foud, come to think of it!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Yawn....

Already addressed in Post #29

You can also address these:
                      1. Saul was prophesying a day and a night naked with no shame (1 Samuel 19:24). The same Hebrew word occurs in Genesis 2:25 and Job 1:21 and Ecclesiastes 5:15.
                      2. Isaiah 20:2-3 - God does not command what He condemns.
                      Last edited by foudroyant; 06-30-2014, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Yawn....

Already addressed in Post #129

1. Saul was prophesying a day and a night naked with no shame (1 Samuel 19:24). The same Hebrew word occurs in Genesis 2:25 and Job 1:21 and Ecclesiastes 5:15.
                        Wow.... THESE make up your "biblical excuse" for running around naked?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

2. Isaiah 20:2-3 - God does not command what He condemns.
                          Oh?
                          Source: Gen 22:2 KJV

2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only [son] Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

© Copyright Original Source

Will you be sacrificing people as burnt offerings while you're running around nekked?

Comment

• No more death of animals are needed since Christ's death.

Your case is falling apart.
                            Last edited by foudroyant; 06-30-2014, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Wow.... THESE make up your "biblical excuse" for running around naked?

You have not supplied one biblical passage that forbids it.

You attempted to use the man the Lord Jesus healed but Saul prophesied naked and Isaiah was commanded to go naked. So much for your great argument.

Comment

No more death of animals are needed since Christ's death.

Your case is falling apart.
                                Isaac wasn't an animal, genius.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X