Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Problems with Heliocentrism

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
    Present the list of Bible verses supporting Geo,... in exegetical and historical/cultural context.
    Look it up yourself putz.

JM

Comment

• Another Objection to Heliocentrism - The earth is said to orbit the sun once a year and rotate on its axis once per day. The daily rotation is said to occur precisely in accord with the earth's orbit around the sun so that each day, the

On a prograde planet like the Earth, the stellar day is shorter than the solar day.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_rotation
      And this -

The difference between the stellar day and solar day is required to prevent the clock at 12pm showing day on one side of the earth's yearly orbit, and then showing night, at 12pm, six months later. In other words the earth orbit and rotation are said to cause a consistent day on one side of the earth every 12 hours.

Yet the Helio model also says the earth orbits the moon once per month. This earth-moon orbit is not taken into account when calculating the difference between solar and stellar days. As such, the Helio model only accounts for the times of day and night by ignoring the earth-moon system.

Hence the Helio model is invalid.

Another Objection to Heliocentrism - The seasons are said to be caused by the angle of sunlight entering the atmosphere. As the angle changes then the earth is either heated or warmed. The sunlight angle is said to result from the assumption that the suns rays are parallel from a distant sun. The parallel sun rays change angle to the earth as the tilt and orbit location of the earth causes the hemispheres to change orientation to the sun.

However -

The Helio model also explains lunar eclipses by positing the suns rays are not parallel from a distant sun, but enter and pass through the earth's atmosphere at different angles. The different angles are said to cause the penumbra and umbra shadows on the moon.

The sun's rays are parallel to account for the seasons, but not parallel to account for lunar eclipses.

The contradiction in solar rays within the Helio model invalidates the model.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnMartin View Post
        The moon inclines because God put it there. That's how.

JM
        Well, Ye Olde "godidit" ploy!

It explains everything and nothing simultaneously.

Kinda like Magick Aether does for the Geo and Flat-Earth "models".

Comment

[B]The difference between the stellar day and solar day is required to prevent the clock at 12pm showing day on one side of the earth's yearly orbit, and then showing night, at 12pm, six months later. In other words the earth orbit and rotation are said to cause a consistent day on one side of the earth every 12 hours.

Yet the Helio model also says the earth orbits the moon once per month. This earth-moon orbit is not taken into account when calculating the difference between solar and stellar days. As such, the Helio model only accounts for the times of day and night by ignoring the earth-moon system.

Hence the Helio model is invalid.

Another Objection to Heliocentrism - The seasons are said to be caused by the angle of sunlight entering the atmosphere. As the angle changes then the earth is either heated or warmed. The sunlight angle is said to result from the assumption that the suns rays are parallel from a distant sun. The parallel sun rays change angle to the earth as the tilt and orbit location of the earth causes the hemispheres to change orientation to the sun.

However -

The Helio model also explains lunar eclipses by positing the suns rays are not parallel from a distant sun, but enter and pass through the earth's atmosphere at different angles. The different angles are said to cause the penumbra and umbra shadows on the moon.

The sun's rays are parallel to account for the seasons, but not parallel to account for lunar eclipses.

The contradiction in solar rays within the Helio model invalidates the model.

You have a searing and profound sense of logic with conclusions that would compel fives, if not sixes of people to follow your point of view.
          I have no arguments that would convince you that you're wrong.
          Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Look it up yourself putz.

JM
            I don't believe in Geo.

You're the Geo and/or Flat-Earth protagonist.

So, stand and deliver!!11!1!

Comment

• You're an evil evil man, linking to TVTropes like without giving a warning
              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                You're an evil evil man, linking to TVTropes like without giving a warning
                There goes my afternoon . . .
                We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

• Let's see...

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Even though Psalms is a book of poems, we should interpret said poems as if they were a scientific treatise and not using figurative language.

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                    What trollbat won't or can't understand is that man-made satellites while they are on Earth on the launch pad are still in elliptical orbit around the sun. After they are put in Earth orbit they still have the velocity component and experience the forces of that solar orbit. The sun's gravitational effect doesn't magically go away. The Earth/satellite barycenter has shifted a minuscule bit but the Earth/satellite barycenter still maintains the same elliptical orbital parameters.
                    I've tried explaining that little fact to him over and over again, but I think I'm better off trying to teach my 4 year old, a dog, or a wall this stuff than teach it to JM.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Demonstrate gravity does what you think it does to support the Helio model, with its orbiting satellites around an elliptically shaped earth orbit. You have made the claim now demonstrate your claim with theory and/calculations. The answer has to demonstrate gravity acts like glue to cause the satellites to move with the ever changing velocity of the earth.

JM
                      It's been demonstrated over and over again nutcase; you just refuse to listen because it would invalidate your insanity.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

My assertions were already proven some time ago.
                        Only instead your own, nut case mind. In the real world, you keep showing that you don't understand what you're talking about.

This shows you don't understand what you're talking about yet again and prefer to remain ignorant because it tells you stuff you want to hear. What you fail to grasp, is that the EARTH IS MOVING AND EVERYTHING LAUNCHED OFF THE EARTH IS MOVING TOO. Want to try something a little bit better? Try throwing a ball, while in a moving car. Does the ball fly backwards or does it go up and come down, just as it would if you were sitting in your living room? What you fail to understand is that the ball goes up in the air and lands back in your hand, in both examples, because everything is moving at the same speed. Likewise, everything that shares earth's orbit, with earth, ends up orbiting the sun with the same parameters as the earth does. Why do you fail to grasp that simple concept? Children understand this, you don't.

Breach of Newtons first Law - there is no mechanism within Newtonian mechanics to transfer a force from the table to the coin, nor from the earth to the satellite. Helio requires the satellite to change velocity to keep pace with the earth and yet Newtons first law says because no additional force is placed upon the satellite, the satellites velocity will not change. Therefore the Helio model requires the satellite not to continue its existing velocity, done without a force, in breach of Newton's first law.
                        Already dealt with, nutcase. Anything sharing the earth's orbit, with earth, ends up in orbit of the sun, with the earth. Why do you fail to grasp this simple concept, nutcase? Is it because you're a troll just trolling us for the lol's? Is it because you're a nutcase that is incapable of understanding anything that disagrees with his insanity? Is it because you're too dumb to understand 4th grade level science? What makes it so hard for you to grasp this very simple concept?
                        Breach of Newtons second Law - there is no mechanism within Newtonian mechanics to transfer a force from the table to the coin, nor from the earth to the satellite. Helio requires the satellite to change velocity to keep pace with the earth. Therefore the Helio model requires the satellite to accelerate without a force, in breach of Newton's second law. Helio requires a denial of F=ma.
                        Already dealt with above nutcase. Why do you keep failing to understand basic, grade school level, physics?

If you launch your quarter off the table, while the table is in motion, the quarter keeps up with the table and lands on the table because it is moving in two directions.

What makes you too dumb to grasp this simple concept, nut case?

Breach of Newtons third Law - there is no mechanism within Newtonian mechanics to transfer a force from the table to the coin, nor from the earth to the satellite. Helio requires the satellite to change velocity to keep pace with the earth. Therefore the Helio model requires the satellite to accelerate without a force, in breach of Newton's third law. There is no force, therefore there should be no reaction as a satellite acceleration.
                        Again, already dealt with, nutcase. They share orbit with the earth and end up following along earth's orbit. In other words, THE FORCE IS THE SUN!!!!

Are you just too dumb to grasp grade school level physics nutcase?

Now the glue metaphor has morphed into thrusters on the satellites. These thrusts change the satellite position by about 3 million miles twice per year and by about 3,600 km/hr twice a year as the earth orbits the sun. This is simply impossible. You think it happens. Demonstrate your assertion.
                        Already explained to you again and again. Keeps those fingers slammed into your ears and keep screaming, "LALALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" and maybe your crazy assertions will end up becoming true! Sorry moron, it didn't 'morph' at all... you're just too dumb to understand grade school level physics.

I willed not to answer everything because you have a foul mouth. Most of your posts are very sinful.

Fouled mouth? I called you a nutcase because that is what you are. You refuse to listen to the answers you are given, you refuse to deal with the evidence before you, and you ignore anything that proves you wrong. Sorry, but you're a nutcase, a troll, an idiot, or possibility all of the above. It isn't 'foul mouthed' at all to tell the truth of what you truly are.

JM[/QUOTE]
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Well, Ye Olde "godidit" ploy!

It explains everything and nothing simultaneously.

Kinda like Magick Aether does for the Geo and Flat-Earth "models".
                          Newton and you lot think gravity did it.

The flat earther's think Larry did it.

The relativists think the extra variable along with Cartesian coordinates did it.

Creationists think God did it.

God did it is a far better answer than the other crap.

JM

Comment

I don't believe in Geo.

You're the Geo and/or Flat-Earth protagonist.

So, stand and deliver!!11!1!
                            Not interested. You are a lazy liar.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                              What trollbat won't or can't understand is that man-made satellites while they are on Earth on the launch pad are still in elliptical orbit around the sun. After they are put in Earth orbit they still have the velocity component and experience the forces of that solar orbit. The sun's gravitational effect doesn't magically go away. The Earth/satellite barycenter has shifted a minuscule bit but the Earth/satellite barycenter still maintains the same elliptical orbital parameters.
                              If you trace a satellite orbit in space it will not be an ellipse around the sun. You are definitely wrong to assert it will be.

JM
                              Last edited by JohnMartin; 02-10-2016, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                It's been demonstrated over and over again nutcase; you just refuse to listen because it would invalidate your insanity.
                                The reasons given for the elliptical orbit are many and varied. All of which failed to provide the forces required.

JM

Comment