Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Problems with Heliocentrism

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    you lost me john. The curvature of the Earth is visible even at the seashore. Just hold up a yardstick or ruler and hold it on the line dividing the sea and the sky. It's obvious from an airplane - have you ever ridden in one?

You are not sane, or you are a fiction (a troll, some sort of fellow that likes to pretend to be bizarre on the internet). I've learned a lot from some of our discussions, but I'm not going to waste any more time on this - other than for comic relief or just because you might happen on something worth looking at from a real science perspective. The idea that you are 'for real' just went out the window.

In other words, I might participate, but I'll not even attempt to take you seriously - as if you actually are just some confused fellow led down a primrose path by some unscrupulous or otherwise deluded folk. No - you know what you're doing, and you're pretty good at it.
    I'm mostly dealing with his insanity because I'm starting school in the fall and need to take a bunch of science and math classes, so I think of this as a bit of a way to brush up on some of the stuff I don't remember very well.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnMartin View Post
      I currently believe gravity does exist, although I have come across those who think it doesn't. The many modern physics models that model gravity indicates that we don't know what gravity is and we only know something of what it does.

JM
      Weasel.

What keeps your feet on terra firma?

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
        Weasel.

Magic. Since he doesn't seem to believe that God made gravity to do just that.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnMartin View Post
          You are a prerecorded message made from up on the mount. No answer is good enough.

Let me guess.

No Moonbat, you are a troll who doesn't listen.

Got it!

JM
          Half right.

Yes, you give "no answer".

But, No. That's not good enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
            Weasel.

magnets. or maybe velcro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              magnets. or maybe velcro.
              Magnets! How do they work?

Don't answer. It's an internet thing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                Magnets! How do they work?

Don't answer. It's an internet thing!
                magnets.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]13030[/ATTACH]
                  Didn't that already get posted here?

Comment

Didn't that already get posted here?
                    yeah i posted it before

Comment

• Okay! Is it impossible for a mammal to gain energy directly from the Sun? And not just vitamin D.

Comment

Okay! Is it impossible for a mammal to gain energy directly from the Sun? And not just vitamin D.
                        Of course not. The heat from the Sun makes me lethargic, which proves irrefutably that the Sun sucks energy out of mammals.
                        Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                          Of course not. The heat from the Sun makes me lethargic, which proves irrefutably that the Sun sucks energy out of mammals.
                          Is Superman an example of a fictional flying mammal? And Batman dresses up like a different nocturnal flying mammal...

Are you planning on seeing Guy dressed up as a nocturnal flying mammal v flying mammal with various other super powers?

Comment

Okay! Is it impossible for a mammal to gain energy directly from the Sun? And not just vitamin D.
                            Sunshine seems to suck all the energy out of this particular species.

cat080222.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                              Sunshine seems to suck all the energy out of this particular species.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13031[/ATTACH]
                              Only fictional alien mammals get energy from the Sun? Yellow stars in particular?

Comment

Is Superman an example of a fictional flying mammal? And Batman dresses up like a different nocturnal flying mammal...

Are you planning on seeing Guy dressed up as a nocturnal flying mammal v flying mammal with various other super powers?
                                Superman isn't a mammal, he's an alien who just looks like a mammal. He's practically an anti-mammal, since he gets powered up by a yellow sun.

I'm not sure about Guy, whoever that is, but I have seen ads displaying a situation similar to what you're talking about, and I'm tempted to go watch that.
                                Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment