Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

On the reconciliation of scripture to science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikeenders View Post
    And we still await for you to get to anywhere near the same place. At this point you are just babbling to read yourself waxing about what you clearly do not get..
    No, i'm an actual biologist, and it's clear you're not, because you are sloppy with terminology and use technical language in nonsensical ways. All of this makes your posts exceedingly difficult to understand. You can try to make up for your incompetence by spewing insults, but it's clearly just bluster to try to cover over your lack of knowledge.

See, i can insult just as well as you can. Now, would you actually like to discuss biology, or are insults all you have?
    "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      I didn't lie about your intent any more than you lied in the example I pointed out:
      We've been down this road many times before its jut blah blah blah I didn't do what I did. What else is new?

But do carry on. If you keep accusing me of lying when I haven't, we all may well soon have a nice little respite from your vitriol.
      IF you don't I won't have to call you on its so ball is in your court but no matter what you want to do or who you wish to ban. Know this..... anytime you tell me what is in my mind and I tell you it is not and you persist the resulting posts will be the same. My system of right and wrong is based on God not a mod. Any board that says I can't tell you when you are fibbing by claiming to know what is in my mind and supports you on it will not phase me in the least no matter what they do.

No rage here by the way....I am just smiling at your theatrics as I write this
      Last edited by Mikeenders; 01-28-2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
        No, i'm an actual biologist, and it's clear you're not, because you are sloppy with terminology and use technical language in nonsensical ways.
        I don't care what you claim to be on an anonymous board. If you are a biologist you are darn shoddy one and shouldn't be wasting tax payors money paying your salary if you try and claim that HGT is the same thing as mutations within an organisms own DNA.

You can try to make up for your incompetence by spewing insults, but it's clearly just bluster to try to cover over your lack of knowledge.
        And who is trying desperately to hide their own incompetence by appealing to their own authority - a known fallacious tactic. You are wrong and obviously wrong HGT is an entirely different process than mutations within an organism. Trying to wave HGT as nothing essentially different is just moronic.

See, i can insult just as well as you can.
        Okay and clearly your delusional as well and no need to whine about insults. You came int this thread swinging but like many of you do - start to whine and cry because you get counters to your swings.
        Last edited by Mikeenders; 01-28-2016, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          So what does all this actually mean?
          it means that we are learning that there is another mechanism besides common ancestry that can provide explanations for similarities and differences between species and it makes a mess of common ancestry

Comment

Don't try your little fudge and dance with me Mudd. It won't work. You know perfectly well that there are countless references to YECs being stupid, silly, brainless and all other kinds of insults and even those that adhere to Intelligent design even if not YEC are called IDiots. It goes waaaaay beyond simple saying they are unscientific' You've been right there in there with them piling on and supporting them in that endeavor with nary a word of support for those believers and if you say otherwise you are just lying -again.

The farce that you people only care about science is laid bare when you realize that several IDists accept evolution and are OEC and they still get called names because how dare they claim there are signs of design in the universe because thats not genuflecting enough to a strictly materialistic definition of science which is really your most guiding principle even in how you interpret the Bible. You are like athiestic theists - You don't take revelation from nature you take it from materialistic consensus. If you did take it from nature you would reevaluate your position in regard to things like HGT and epigenetics. You never do because consensus doesn't tell you to yet even though nature has spoken and species can be constructed and/or modified without regard to inheritance.
            Apologize to Jim, you pile of crap.

And Cerebrum should AS WELL for "amen-ing" your libelous rant.

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post

And Cerebrum should AS WELL for "amen-ing" your libelous rant.

Kid still thinks he can give commands to people over the internets and they will obey

Meanwhile Jim has already confessed he has at time done exactly what I said. I'd counter sue your libelious claim and win but I don't play video games very often. Cerebrum is fine. I don't take amens as full agreement or sometimes even agreement at all so you can leave him out of your futile demands for obedience
              Last edited by Mikeenders; 01-28-2016, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                Calm down klaus. Sometimes it is best to let a person's posts speak for themselves.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

it means that we are learning that there is another mechanism besides common ancestry that can provide explanations for similarities and differences between species and it makes a mess of common ancestry
                  Got it, OK...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Calm down klaus. Sometimes it is best to let a person's posts speak for themselves.
                    Thats the really amusing thing. Regulars to this board are really going to claim that saying they attack YEC believers and call other believers who are ID proponents IDiots are guilty of libel? Do you people live in an alternate universe? Its all over this board. Like Rogue jsut said - a person's post speak for themselves and all your posts and even Rogue's does that routinely in denigrating believers who don't agree with you

Comment

I don't care what you claim to be on an anonymous board. If you are a biologist you are darn shoddy one and shouldn't be wasting tax payors money paying your salary if you try and claim that HGT is the same thing as mutations within an organisms own DNA.
                      I explained the contexts it is, and the contexts it isn't. You simply spewed evidence-free claims. Whose knowledge of biology is shoddy?

Incidentally, i noticed that you completely dropped your discussion of epigenetics. That's a topic i know really well, so i'd be happy to pick that one up again.
                      "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                        I explained the contexts it is, and the contexts it isn't. You simply spewed evidence-free claims. Whose knowledge of biology is shoddy?
                        Yours - Mr HGT is the same thing. glad we could clear that up

Incidentally, i noticed that you completely dropped your discussion of epigenetics. That's a topic i know really well

thank you at last for the veiled admission HGT isn't on that list of what you know well. That was obvious but the admission brings more clarity

so i'd be happy to pick that one up again.
                        Sure...pick it up at the point I actually made on epigenetics in this thread rather than fudging anything was dropped - that an organism can have changes in features that could be recorded in the fossil record that would mimic small changes of evolution and emergence of another species but actually be the same exact species going through epigenetic transformations based on the science now emerging.

oh and make sure not to " spew evidence-free claims" in your rebuttal. Woudn't want you to be susceptible to a hypocrisy charge.
                        Last edited by Mikeenders; 01-28-2016, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Kid still thinks he can give commands to people over the internets and they will obey

Meanwhile Jim has already confessed he has at time done exactly what I said. I'd counter sue your libelious claim and win but I don't play video games very often. Cerebrum is fine. I don't take amens as full agreement or sometimes even agreement at all so you can leave him out of your futile demands for obedience

Do we need a big bolded disclaimer next to the amen button or something? Clicking the amen button doesn't necessitate agreement with all, or even most of someone's post(or in CP's case any of it, he tends to click it accidentally when trying to report them ).

Comment

I'm not sure I understand the insistence on 'spiritual' vs 'physical' when the belief at the time was a monistic view. Soul beliefs don't really show up until after Plato, afaik.
                            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Do we need a big bolded disclaimer next to the amen button or something? Clicking the amen button doesn't necessitate agreement with all, or even most of someone's post(or in CP's case any of it, he tends to click it accidentally when trying to report them ).
                              I generally find it worthwhile to clarify what part I'm amen'ing if I only intend agreement with a portion of the post.
                              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                                I generally find it worthwhile to clarify what part I'm amen'ing if I only intend agreement with a portion of the post.
                                I'm too lazy to do that.

Seriously though, if someone has a problem with my name being a part of the amen section under a post, just ask me about it. Oh, and remember that currently they can't be removed, so it very well could be an accident entirely.

Comment