Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The weather for 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I'm 'lost' because I don't buy into 'the end of the world is around the corner, go buy lots of guns and food and prepare for the "MARK OF THE BEAST"'?

And why don't you answer the question Jorge?

Jim

BTW: just because I don't buy into the whole "look out here comes the anti-Christ' deal, that doesn't mean some major catastrophe isn't around the corner. ISIS, North Korea with Nukes, Putin on the warpath, China building military bases on man-made islands in the South China Sea. It's all a bit scary to be sure. It's just that this whole deal Jorge has bought into has been around in this form since the '70's, and every year they tell you why within 5 to 10 years years the anti-Christ is going to be upon us. Sooner or later they will be right just because "Wars and rumors of wars" will continue till Christ returns. But the stuff Jorge has bought into is just fear-mongering paranoia.
    Funny thing how 'you people' always demand that your questions be answered while you dodge and evade questions put forth to you.

"... hole up in a bomb shelter and shoot anyone that tries to get my food"

Nope, of course not. The mere fact that you would even think such a thing of me is clear evidence of the extreme degree of your prejudices. Those prejudices make your comments highly suspect, filled with emotional irrationality.

Instead of "fear-mongering paranoia" what I try to do is wake people up to the facts around them. The government is the biggest thief and liar that exists, bar none, and most people are stupid enough to swallow their lies.

To wit: in his last (and final - thank God!!!) SOTU Address, Obama said that anyone saying that our economy was in bad shape was, quote, "peddling fiction".

Yet, anyone that understands Economics 101 knows perfectly well that the true criminals "peddling fiction" are found in Washington, Central Banks, Wall Street, Mega-Banks and Mega-Corporations --- all members of the present Fascist State. The economy - national and international - should have imploded in the 2008 financial crisis. It was only by criminal means that this implosion was postponed and there will be Hell to pay when the inevitable occurs.

Why hasn't the system fully imploded yet? In simple, concise terms, because the time has not yet arrived. I myself have lost several bets on this matter over the last 6 years. But I don't feel bad or embarrassed about those lost bets. Why?

Because when predictions are made, they are made based on certain assumptions. In this case my assumptions included that the rule of law would apply to everyone, that the Constitution would be respected, that no in-your-face crimes would go unpunished, etc. --- in short, that there would be legal restraints on what could and could not be done.

I made those assumptions and I was wrong. Never in a hundred years could I have imagined that all of those assumptions would NOT be true. And so, what should have happened 5-8 years ago - namely, a complete economic implosion - has not happened yet.

Lastly, this economic-implosion event may not have anything to do with signalling Christ's return. It may only be another "sign of the times". My eyes are focused on Israel, the Third Temple and on other signs for the definitive signal.

Just as for Evolution and the Age of Creation, you need to get a clue on Macro Economics.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
      Funny thing how 'you people' always demand that your questions be answered while you dodge and evade questions put forth to you.

"... hole up in a bomb shelter and shoot anyone that tries to get my food"

Nope, of course not. The mere fact that you would even think such a thing of me is clear evidence of the extreme degree of your prejudices. Those prejudices make your comments highly suspect, filled with emotional irrationality.

Instead of "fear-mongering paranoia" what I try to do is wake people up to the facts around them. The government is the biggest thief and liar that exists, bar none, and most people are stupid enough to swallow their lies.

To wit: in his last (and final - thank God!!!) SOTU Address, Obama said that anyone saying that our economy was in bad shape was, quote, "peddling fiction".

Yet, anyone that understands Economics 101 knows perfectly well that the true criminals "peddling fiction" are found in Washington, Central Banks, Wall Street, Mega-Banks and Mega-Corporations --- all members of the present Fascist State. The economy - national and international - should have imploded in the 2008 financial crisis. It was only by criminal means that this implosion was postponed and there will be Hell to pay when the inevitable occurs.

Why hasn't the system fully imploded yet? In simple, concise terms, because the time has not yet arrived. I myself have lost several bets on this matter over the last 6 years. But I don't feel bad or embarrassed about those lost bets. Why?

Because when predictions are made, they are made based on certain assumptions. In this case my assumptions included that the rule of law would apply to everyone, that the Constitution would be respected, that no in-your-face crimes would go unpunished, etc. --- in short, that there would be legal restraints on what could and could not be done.

I made those assumptions and I was wrong. Never in a hundred years could I have imagined that all of those assumptions would NOT be true. And so, what should have happened 5-8 years ago - namely, a complete economic implosion - has not happened yet.

Lastly, this economic-implosion event may not have anything to do with signalling Christ's return. It may only be another "sign of the times". My eyes are focused on Israel, the Third Temple and on other signs for the definitive signal.

Just as for Evolution and the Age of Creation, you need to get a clue on Macro Economics.

Jorge
      The fact you are out there in la la land doesn't mean you are wrong about the potential for a meltdown Jorge. My posts are focusing the typical over the top baggage you wrap it up in.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        My guess would be because you welched on them.
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Moderated By: Littlejoe

Alright guys, I have already moved all the posts about the Jorge bet to the Padded Room thread set up for that discussion. DO NOT derail this thread further with posts about it. Go to the link below to make your feeling known.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
          Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...929#post305929
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            The fact you are out there in la la land doesn't mean you are wrong about the potential for a meltdown Jorge. My posts are focusing the typical over the top baggage you wrap it up in.

Jim
            "la-la land"???

Like I said, the term "sheeple" was invented with folks like you in mind.

I know that there are lots (a majority) of sheeple out there but I'm still
            amazed every time I run into a live one. Uh, follow the flock for grazing, O-Mudd.

Jorge

Comment

Source: http://reason.com/blog/2016/04/08/march-2016-the-third-warmest-ever-month

March 2016 the Third Warmest Ever Month in Satellite Record: Global Temperature Trend Update

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

woohoo. Can't wait for the USA and Canada to become tropical. Then we will have hula girls everywhere in grass skirts, coconut drinks with little umbellas, and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  woohoo. Can't wait for the USA and Canada to become tropical. Then we will have hula girls everywhere in grass skirts, coconut drinks with little umbellas, and all that.
                  I can understand the appeal of hula girls with little umbrellas, but why would they need them while bathing grass skirtless in coconut milk?
                  Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                    I can understand the appeal of hula girls with little umbrellas, but why would they need them while bathing grass skirtless in coconut milk?
                    it's sexy?

Comment

it's sexy?
                      Strange tastes...

Comment

Strange tastes...
                        Skirtless hula girls is "strange tastes" to you? Hmmm.

Comment

Skirtless hula girls is "strange tastes" to you? Hmmm.
                          Only when they're brandishing miniature umbrellas.

Comment

Only when they're brandishing miniature umbrellas.
                            You would look at skirtless hula girls and notice an umbrella?

Comment

At this rate, unfortunately, we're just as likely to see pantsless middle aged businessmen, if not more so. Doesn't seem worth the risk.

NASA's got the March numbers out, and we've now reached the point where the hottest six months on record are the last six.

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/ta...LB.Ts+dSST.txt
                              "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

"Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment