Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Yet *more* evidence for a young creation ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mikeenders View Post
    Why change from the heretics I am presently smiting? A heretic in the hand is worth two in the bush so I am more interested in how you are going to round a number and then claim its an exact non approximation. Got any thoughts on that? because I am beginning to think we have a fourth for the comedy hour that PI would exactly be represented by 3.1.

IF you get in now I think with four you will get even a bigger discount in the maths class.

Shucks in your first day in class as they do in lots of basic maths classes you will start out with 3.14
    That's Pi rounded down Mikey. You need examples of numbers that would round up yet just had the decimals cut off.

How to round Pi

Well Mr. Math Genius?

Comment

• Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
      Psst..
      Especially since you're the only one who mentioned Pi or claimed that 3.1 was being touted as an exact representation.
      Psst Beagle pup....if you beg that a single digital placement is an automatic EXACT and not an approximation then applied to PI it would mean 3.1 is an exact representation of Pi.

Take it slowly and you might get it without hurting our head....um.....maybe

Comment

Psst Beagle pup....if you beg that a single digital placement is an automatic EXACT and not an approximation then applied to PI it would mean 3.1 is an exact representation of Pi.
        You're the only moron who said or thought that Mikey. The way the rest of were using the terms were in exact mathematical relationships. Not approximations, not rounding, not imprecise measurements, not transcendental numbers. 1/2 = 0.5, not "approximately" 0.5

Do you need someone to explain what those words mean?

Comment

Why change from the heretics I am presently smiting? A heretic in the hand is worth two in the bush so I am more interested in how you are going to round a number and then claim its an exact non approximation. Got any thoughts on that? because I am beginning to think we have a fourth for the comedy hour that PI would exactly be represented by 3.1.
          Rounding off is an approximation, and therefore not exact.

I am saddened by lack of examples of cutting off a decimal. I have thousands of books here in my home, and no good examples of that. I guess I'm just not reading the right material. Oh, well.
          Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

How to round Pi

Well Mr. Math Genius?
            He pup - think! - if you go straight to 3.14 - in practical terms you have done nothing but drop whats after the second placement. So its the same thing.

Meanwhile Math genius look at your own numbers can YOu say that

3.14 is EXACT for 3.14159

or are you English challenged as well

SMH......Nothing saves you - you poor soul

Comment

• Originally posted by Yttrium View Post

I am saddened by lack of examples of cutting off a decimal. I have thousands of books here in my home, and no good examples of that. I guess I'm just not reading the right material. Oh, well.
              You just need your Fundy Creationist reading glasses. Or admit the Fundy nutters merely have the "same data, different interpretations."

Comment

He pup - think! - if you go straight to 3.14 - in practical terms you have done nothing but drop whats after the second placement. So its the same thing.

Meanwhile Math genius look at your own numbers can YOu say that

3.14 is EXACT for 3.14159

or are you English challenged as well

SMH......Nothing saves you - you poor soul
                No one here said EXACT except for you Mikey. Does Jesus like when you prevaricate so obviously?

Where's your list of decimal numbers that would round up yet just had the decimals cut off? Your bluff was called and you've got nothing yet again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yttrium View Post

Well heres how I look at it. the average person sitting down writing 3.14 is just dropping the other digits off so practically theres no difference. I usually think of rounding as actually performing a change to the number. Rounding dropping them off result is the same.

However as you have admitted which is fair enough - its not exact so it does nothing to save the claim of exactness.

Comment

Well heres how I look at it. the average person sitting down writing 3.14 is just dropping the other digits off so practically theres no difference. I usually think of rounding as actually performing a change to the number. Rounding dropping them off result is the same.
                    But it's done for a complete different reason and it's never done when rounding up. Eejit.

However as you have admitted which is fair enough - its not exact so it does nothing to save the claim of exactness.
                    The "claim of exactness" is your own stupid strawman you made up because you were getting embarrassed on all your other ignorant failures.

Comment

No one here said EXACT except for you Mikey.:
                      Really? That silly little game you play of fabricating isn't going to work this time

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                      0.5 hours is exactly 30 minutes.

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                      A pity about that "approximately" though.
                      Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      I noticed that too. Sounds like he wasn't quite sure .6 hour was 36 minutes so he added 'approximately' in a CYA moment.

Jim
                      Whether someone says .6 for brevity or rounding up it does NOT mean it equates to an exact. Your three partners in stupidity are still stuck for saying it does.
                      Last edited by Mikeenders; 12-11-2015, 05:09 PM.

Comment

An atheist chimes in because his comrades have been shown to lack in basic maths quoting scripture....LOL the hilarity continues.
                        I'm glad you had a laugh.

Originally posted by Me
                        this idea that Christians always have to tip toe around you is your brand of Christianity not Gods.
                        ?

Oh, that's not my idea of Christianity either. I don't think Christians ought to tip toe around when dealing with atheists. *

It's just that I thought you might like some help from an outsider. After all, atheists have their opinions about God and the bible, just as you have your opinions. If God really does exist, that he necessarily agrees with you and not me, is another opinion you might hold to.

I hope you don't think that God was guiding you when you made that mistake about my thoughts on Christianity. If God was guiding you then what hope is there for the Bible being infallible and inerrant, given the same impeccable guidance?

* I've never seen Jim tip toe around folk like me when it comes to matters of faith and his beliefs.
                        Last edited by rwatts; 12-11-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Really? That silly little game you play of fabricating isn't going to work this time
                          Back to telling whoppers again I see. No one used EXACT in the manner you're claiming, that 3.1 is EXACT for Pi. It was used in strict mathematical equivalencies. 1/2 is exactly 0.5, not "approximately" 0.5. 0.6 hours is exactly 36 minutes, not 'approximately" 36 minutes.

Why is it when creationists make a huge blunder their first reaction is always to try and lie their way out of it? Do you think you're making Jesus proud?

Comment

The "claim of exactness" is your own stupid strawman you made up because you were getting embarrassed on all your other ignorant failures.
                            Let me guess. You think because mods said no to call people liars you think you get free reign to write something patently false to save the plate load of egg on your face?

Of course you took issue with me saying approximate and not exact - you joined right in with your boy Roy and unbibilcal Jim saying I was wrong to say approximate and just as I stated Roy said point blank - EXACT

Apparently you've added to your many blunders and have no clue about what a strawman is either

Comment

Well heres how I look at it. the average person sitting down writing 3.14 is just dropping the other digits off so practically theres no difference.
                              Yes, well, I've always thought of it as rounding off, not dropping off the other digits, since the next digit is a 1. You're the first person I've encountered who sees it as dropping off the other digits. Admittedly, I don't get out much.

I'm afraid we've gone off the topic quite a bit. It was something very loosely related to the age of the Earth/Universe, I suppose. Any thoughts about starlight? That's a bit more basic than half lives of various isotopes. Being able to see galaxies that are billions of light years away seems to me to strongly imply an ancient universe.
                              Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by rwatts View Post
                                I'm glad you had a laugh..
                                Great then We will always have that.

The rest of your post wasn't anything meaningful. Your hopes and your views from the outside have nothing to do with any meaningful conversation

Comment