Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Bad news from El Nino and climate change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jichard View Post
    For The Lurch: just remember that ^^^ this is the calibur of folks you think are capable of being convinced by rational discussion of scientific evidence. The bottom of the barrell, so to speak. Have fun trying to convince those sorts of folks. Because as far as I can tell, they have nothing of merit to say.

Sweety, I believe the world is getting warmer, over time. The problem is that you're a total jackass that is incapable of having a decent conversation with anybody he doesn't agree with, but hey... if making claims about me believing in things I didn't say I believed makes you feel better; go for it. I have no problem with climate science, I do have problems with jackasses that try to use it as a club to beat those that disagree with them, over the head though. Unless of course, you can quote me where I said otherwise. Please, show where I claimed to be a 'denier' or just admit that you made that up because your hatred (yet again) is in control.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Jichard is the kind of "class act" that makes people want to ignore Climate Jihadists.
      Bingo, I don't think he understands that he does his case far more damage than any 'denier' ever can or will (notice how he tries to group me into the 'science denier' group even though I specifically said I do agree the globe is getting warmer, over time).
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

For The Lurch: just remember that ^^^ this is the calibur of folks you think are capable of being convinced by rational discussion of scientific evidence. The bottom of the barrell, so to speak. Have fun trying to convince those sorts of folks. Because as far as I can tell, they have nothing of merit to say.
        Just remember that this is the caliber of response you get when you shout "stupid denialist!" anytime there's a hint someone might not instantly agree with you. If it's easy for you to see that as the bottom of the barrel, it's only because you were already on the bottom yourself.
        "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

Sweety, I believe the world is getting warmer, over time. The problem is that you're a total jackass that is incapable of having a decent conversation with anybody he doesn't agree with, but hey... if making claims about me believing in things I didn't say I believed makes you feel better; go for it. I have no problem with climate science, I do have problems with jackasses that try to use it as a club to beat those that disagree with them, over the head though. Unless of course, you can quote me where I said otherwise. Please, show where I claimed to be a 'denier' or just admit that you made that up because your hatred (yet again) is in control.
          It would be nice if the actual scientific subject and issues of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            It would be nice if the actual scientific subject and issues of the thread.
            This sounds like you were getting ready to say something, and stopped.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Remember the forecast of more, and more intense, hurricanes?
              Gee, that's a tough one... maybe it's because all of their predictions are based on "adjusted" data, false assumptions, and faulty computer models?
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Shunya, forecasts are not scientific facts

Comment

Originally posted by grmorton View Post
                  Hey, Brother!!!! Great to see you!!!!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I never claimed that forecasts were 'facts.' The collected data referenced do represent 'facts.' You're a scientist, careful on using the word 'facts.'

I believe the data represents evidence of human influence in 'Climate Change,' but also acknowledge that you and a few other scientists like Judith Curry disagree.

I am simply reporting the current trends of the weather of 2015, and referencing the trends in recent years.

It is good to see you around again. I pray that you are doing well.
                    Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-02-2015, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Your a scientist, careful on using the word 'facts.'
                      YOU'RE!!!!! "your" is possessive, like your coat, or your car, or your children...... you're is a contraction for 'you are'.

Careful using possessives when you mean contractions!

(sorry, I shall now go accidentally amen somebody's post I meant to report)

Comment

Climate models make projections with uncertainty ranges, not forecasts.

Comment

YOU'RE!!!!! "your" is possessive, like your coat, or your car, or your children...... you're is a contraction for 'you are'.

Careful using possessives when you mean contractions!

(sorry, I shall now go accidentally amen somebody's post I meant to report)
                          My whole world would disintegrate without the grammar Nazis.

Comment

My whole world would disintegrate without the grammar Nazis.
                            It's my love language, brother.

Comment

Nah JerkTard, I just find you don't help anything because you say things in such a hateful and spiteful manner, nobody listens to you .
                              You must realize what a hypocrite you are, when people typically ignore your posts because your posts are laced with obscenities.

And it's funny that you claim that "nobody listens to you", when people respond to my posts by telling me to ignore your posts. I mean, how long did Sam and I have to go in correcting the silly claims you and Teal made on the efficacy of condoms? Did you bother to learn anything during that discussing? Or are you still just as ignorant on the science on said topic?

Compare your responses to the responses that TheLurch receives and you'll notice the difference rather quickly.
                              Well, that's because the Lurch avoids calling denialism what it actually is. I have no interest in doing that; I call things what they are, even if it hurts the feelings of whiny denialists.

You're a grade A Jackass that nobody bothers to listen to and
                              No, the "grade A Jackass that nobody bothers to listen to" would be the silly person throwing around obscenities (that's you, by the way).

this is coming from somebody who generally accepts the idea that the globe is warming up over time.
                              Knowing you, you don't accept the scientific consensus on AGW. You tend not to accept scientific evidence that you find ideologically-inconvenient. Here's my suspicion: like so many other conservatives, you've been dragged kicking and screaming to the idea that the globe has recently warmed. But you'll make sure to reject the scientific consensus that most of the warming was caused by humans and that the warming will have various negative effects, such as increased seal levels.
                              Last edited by Jichard; 12-09-2015, 07:12 PM.
                              "Instead, we argue, it is necessary to shift the debate from the subject under consideration, instead exposing to public scrutiny the tactics they [denialists] employ and identifying them publicly for what they are."

Comment

Nah JerkTard, I just find you don't help anything because you say things in such a hateful and spiteful manner, nobody listens to you .

You must realize what a hypocrite you are, when people typically ignore your posts because your posts are laced with obscenities..

Comment