Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Seeing Intentionality and Purpose where there isn't any

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
    You're dyslexic?
    You haven't noticed my tendency to mix up similar looking or sounding words yet? My spelling and grammar is much better than it was 10 years ago or when I was in grade school (my teachers had to ask what on earth I was writing or trying to write). If you work hard enough at it, you'll be amazed at the things you can overcome with time and effort.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      You haven't noticed my tendency to mix up similar looking or sounding words yet? My spelling and grammar is much better than it was 10 years ago or when I was in grade school (my teachers had to ask what on earth I was writing or trying to write). If you work hard enough at it, you'll be amazed at the things you can overcome with time and effort.
      Not that bad really. I've seen much worse and honestly, everybody does it here and there. Pyschologists I'm sorry to say, tend to blow that kind of stuff into something it isn't, and make people think their issue is the end of the world.

I've got ADHD and panic attacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
        Not that bad really. I've seen much worse and honestly, everybody does it here and there. Pyschologists I'm sorry to say, tend to blow that kind of stuff into something it isn't, and make people think their issue is the end of the world.

I've got ADHD and panic attacks.
        That's because I've worked on it for years and years and only really mix up words that are rather long anymore (plus spell check can be a God send). I'd agree with you there too that psychologist do tend to act as though some issues are the end of the world. Whatever your issue is, you can work to minimize it over time. While we can all have our issues, they don't have to define us and make us who we are.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          That's because I've worked on it for years and years and only really mix up words that are rather long anymore (plus spell check can be a God send). I'd agree with you there too that psychologist do tend to act as though some issues are the end of the world. Whatever your issue is, you can work to minimize it over time. While we can all have our issues, they don't have to define us and make us who we are.
          A lot of it also has to do with surrounding yourself with people that are not judgmental.

Comment