Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Is the Theory of Evolution a religion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
    Maybe that's because I'm the only person on the web who has thought about it
    It's because those who are scientifically literate have thought about it and rejected it as the nonsense it is.

Now let's look at "Evolution 2". Is it observable, testable and demonstrable that all extant species today emerged from a single unicellular ancestor that lived billions of years ago? No, of course not. Is it observable, testable and demonstrable that life of any type may emerge from inert matter? No, it is not!
    The evidence that all extant species today emerged from a single unicellular ancestor that lived billions of years ago is quite observable, testable, and demonstrable. That's all that science requires, not reproducing the actual event itself.

There are no such things as "operational" science and "historical' science. Those are nonsense terms invented by Creationists to try and muddy the waters and hide the fact that the Young Earth Creationist position has zero supporting scientific evidence. There is only science and it works the same way across the board.

Ken Ham just got spanked pretty hard for his silly "were you there?? did you see it??" inanity. Apparently you didn't get the memo.

Despite all efforts from countless scientists over centuries, life has never been observed to emerge from anything other than preexisting life. Before you get your panties bundled into a wad, abiogenesis is indeed a part of Evolution 2 (the Materialistic version of Evolution) since where else could life have come from? Thus, Evolution 2 is NOT science, despite the fanatical claims of its proponents.
    I'm still waiting for you to tell us how to do science, any science, without relying on materialistic naturalism. I suspect I'll be waiting for a long time.

Comment

Evolution 2 is part of a belief system, not of proper science.

Jorge
      Don't you believe that sodium and chlorine atoms combine to make common salt, Jorge? I do. I also have evidence for it as well.

However, I have never actually observed sodium and chlorine atoms combine to make crystals of salt. Have you?

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
        It's because those who are scientifically literate have thought about it and rejected it as the nonsense it is.

The evidence that all extant species today emerged from a single unicellular ancestor that lived billions of years ago is quite observable, testable, and demonstrable. That's all that science requires, not reproducing the actual event itself.

There are no such things as "operational" science and "historical' science. Those are nonsense terms invented by Creationists to try and muddy the waters and hide the fact that the Young Earth Creationist position has zero supporting scientific evidence. There is only science and it works the same way across the board.

Ken Ham just got spanked pretty hard for his silly "were you there?? did you see it??" inanity. Apparently you didn't get the memo.

I'm still waiting for you to tell us how to do science, any science, without relying on materialistic naturalism. I suspect I'll be waiting for a long time.
        The above is the best you could come up with? Geesh!!!

You obviously don't know what you're talking about and, on top of that, you are arrogant, close-minded and have stuck each of your index fingers so deeply into each ear that they're now touching each other. Have a nice day.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by rwatts View Post
          Don't you believe that sodium and chlorine atoms combine to make common salt, Jorge? I do. I also have evidence for it as well.

However, I have never actually observed sodium and chlorine atoms combine to make crystals of salt. Have you?
          After all this time you continue with your silliness, rwatts -- perhaps it's even gotten worse! No, I've never observed Na and Cl atoms combine to make salt but through various methods one may show that this is exactly what is taking place. Many things are not directly observable but may be indirectly "observed".

However, there is NO WAY - directly or indirectly - to observe abiogenesis PLUS numerous direct observations and proven science all point to the impossibility of abiogenesis. Yet, you continue, undeterred, to BELIEVE in abiogenesis. You and your kind have great FAITH, rwatts. I envy you - I wish that I had such faith.

Jorge

Comment

The above is the best you could come up with? Geesh!!!

You obviously don't know what you're talking about and, on top of that, you are arrogant, close-minded and have stuck each of your index fingers so deeply into each ear that they're now touching each other. Have a nice day.

Jorge
            You didn't address a single point I raised choosing instead to post nothing but personal insults. Thank you for the admission that your Creationist argument has failed miserably and for demonstrating your non-existent understanding of how science is done.

Thank you also for the very revealing look at your personality. I'll certainly consider that when dealing with you in the future.

Comment

You didn't address a single point I raised choosing instead to post nothing but personal insults. Thank you for the admission that your Creationist argument has failed miserably and for demonstrating your non-existent understanding of how science is done.

Thank you also for the very revealing look at your personality. I'll certainly consider that when dealing with you in the future.
              Yeah ... sure thing, kiddo ... whatever you say.

I only have one remaining question: might you, by chance, reside in Colorado?

Jorge

Comment

Yeah ... sure thing, kiddo ... whatever you say.

Jorge
                Your insulting evasive non-answer is sitting there for everyone to read Jorge.

When you get to the bottom of a hole it's a good idea to quit digging.

Comment

That's just Jorge. Once in a great while he'll try to support some YEC claim and get his clock thoroughly cleaned. (Ask him about his second law of thermodynamics.)

Once he's gone through that it'll take 2-3 years of snark before he'll try to engage again.

Comment

Jorge probably wants to sell him some beachfront property.

Roy
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Your insulting evasive non-answer is sitting there for everyone to read Jorge.

When you get to the bottom of a hole it's a good idea to quit digging.
                      You did not answer my simple question ... do you reside in Colorado?

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        Jorge probably wants to sell him some beachfront property.

Roy
                        I'm sorry to see that your mental condition has significantly deteriorated since you last mentioned me, Roy. Try 1-800-GET-HELP and perhaps they may be able to assist you. I'll pray for your condition.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by JOnF View Post
                          That's just Jorge. Once in a great while he'll try to support some YEC claim and get his clock thoroughly cleaned. (Ask him about his second law of thermodynamics.)

Once he's gone through that it'll take 2-3 years of snark before he'll try to engage again.
                          "... clock thoroughly cleaned" ???

You've been sniffing glue again, haven't you!

Jorge

Comment

Try 1-800-GET-HELP and perhaps they may be able to assist you.
                            Maybe some-day Jorge will realise that I don't live in the US, and don't need to buy a burglar alarm anyway.

Roy
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              Maybe some-day Jorge will realise that I don't live in the US, and don't need to buy a burglar alarm anyway.

Roy
                              And there is presumably a correlation between the two?
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                And there is presumably a correlation between the two?
                                Yes!

Comment