Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Bill Nye The Idiot Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Logic not your strong suit, is it? You're arguing the conclusion - the problem is you can't both get there from here because of the underlying assumption.
    No, you're wrong Tea, Whether god exists or not is irrelevant to the question. Morals are relative to the good or evil affect that they have on human beings, on human society. It doesn't matter if they are objectively sourced or not, in either case moral rules of behavior are relative to the good or bad affect that they have on humanity. So I do not have to assume that god doesn't exist, god, or the objective source of morality, would have nothing to do with the question, even if one did exist.
    The only one making assumptions about having to consider the necessity or non-necessity of god, is you. God is irrelevant to the argument, the source of morality is irrelevant to the argument, the only thing relevant to the argument is human behaviors, and the effect that they have on human beings, on human society.
    Last edited by JimL; 06-18-2017, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Logic not your strong suit, is it? You're arguing the conclusion - the problem is you can't both get there from here because of the underlying assumption.

Comment

• so apparently Bill Nye has been announcing that BECAUSE of all of the negative comments he has been getting that means the world still needs saving! Thus there is going to be a season 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          No, you're wrong Tea, Whether god exists or not is irrelevant to the question. Morals are relative to the good or evil affect that they have on human beings, on human society. It doesn't matter if they are objectively sourced or not, in either case moral rules of behavior are relative to the good or bad affect that they have on humanity. So I do not have to assume that god doesn't exist, god, or the objective source of morality, would have nothing to do with the question, even if one did exist.
          The only one making assumptions about having to consider the necessity or non-necessity of god, is you. God is irrelevant to the argument, the source of morality is irrelevant to the argument, the only thing relevant to the argument is human behaviors, and the effect that they have on human beings, on human society.
          Sorry, Jim, but your wrong.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• I have asked you before what sort of evidence you would expect to find within the universe if the creator is not a part of the universe at all? But you always sidestep or ignore the question because you prefer to believe what you want regardless of evidence.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Sorry, Jim, but your wrong.
              Great refutation Tea, I can't argue with that kind of logic.

Comment

• Didn't expect you to - I'm worn out and hurting and I don't want to debate the same exact point for another five pages.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  I have asked you before what sort of evidence you would expect to find within the universe if the creator is not a part of the universe at all? But you always sidestep or ignore the question because you prefer to believe what you want regardless of evidence.
                  Oh, there's substantive evidence for a "creator of the universe"? Pray tell.

Comment

Didn't expect you to - I'm worn out and hurting and I don't want to debate the same exact point for another five pages.
                    You haven't presented an argument, merely assumed that a god exists which must be disproved, before you'll even consider alternative arguments as to how and why a moral code developed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      You haven't presented an argument, merely assumed that a god exists which must be disproved, before you'll even consider alternative arguments as to how and why a moral code developed.
                      This is why I answer Jim where I just mock you.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Oh, there's substantive evidence for a "creator of the universe"? Pray tell.
                        Another side step. You seem to be afraid to actually answer that question.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Sigh!

What YOU
                          Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          This is why I answer Jim where I just mock you.
                          But you didn't answer Jim, that's the point.

Comment

• I don't know what standing daily caller might have, but this is interesting:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/16/me...arming-claims/
                            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                            Scripture before Tradition:
                            but that won't prevent others from
                            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

AFIK there is no logically coherent alternative to materialism

No one has ever managed to show that theism is logically incoherent, despite what you might have deluded yourself into believing.

Comment

He has already told me that there is NOTHING that could convince him that God exists. Not even if God appeared to him and did anything he asks to prove it.

You can't argue with that kind of stone-cold stupid. It is not worth your time. You might as well argue with a stone. At least the stone won't keep repeating himself for 100 pages.

Comment