Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Is the Stationary Earth the Heaviest Object in the Universe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Of course they can. Haven't you seen hansgeorg's recent contribution?
    Quoting self:

It is possible that satellite orbits do illustrate the dynamics posited, at least somewhat, and especially if a satellite can go on in a graveyard orbit forever without added fuel expenses, but we do not have them up since centuries, only a shorter time, and I cannot exclude that angelic movers have sth to do with satellites staying up either. ... That would be alternative rotation of either Earth or Ether, as Geocentric I say it is that of Ether. ... That would be alternative rotation of either Earth or Sun, mainly with Ether, but with some delay. As a Geocentric, I say the latter.
    Geostationary satellites are held up by angels.
    As said, I cannot exclude that.

I'm not sure exactly how NASA arrange for a new angel every time they send up a new satellite, or how they stop the angels from pushing the satellites where NASA doesn't want them to go, but it's obviously working. Presumably NASA have some means of communicating with the angels, and enough leverage to convince the angels not to stray from Newtonian orbits.
    God and angels can no doubt figure out what NASA scientists are trying to do, and make it work even if normally it wouldn't.

It would explain why the atheist/commie/satanic Russians have less success with satellites than the Christian USA - demons must be much less reliable.
    Let's hope demons have nothing to do with it either power's satellites.
    http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Comment

These threads on the futility of the ancient geocentric view of the cosmos in science resemble parasitic tape worms.

There must be an ancient isolated dark monastery in Transylvania that is letting their inmates loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        The compton wavelength is not a size. Its rather a limit to the precision of measuring size. The position of an object can at most be determined to within the precision of a compton wavelength. That's a rough way of understanding it.
        That means, if I understand it correctly, an electron has never actually been observed, since smaller than compton wavelength?

Dito for photon?

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          These threads on the futility of the ancient geocentric view of the cosmos in science resemble parasitic tape worms.
          The thread was not on the futility of the ancient geocentric worldview, but on its possibility.

There must be an ancient isolated dark monastery in Transylvania that is letting their inmates loose.
          We know, you have your loyalties with modernity, anything reactionary seems like vampires to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
            So if the geostationary satellites are moving to the East, and the Aether is moving to the West (applying no force to the satellite, just acting like space is moving), the velocities cancel out, and the satellites remain over their spots on the Earth... and so they fall to the ground, just like we don't see them do.
            That's aethers.

There's a inertial aether wind and an electromagnetic aether wind. One blows east -> west and accounts for the Foucault pendulum (yes, I know it doesn't). The other blows west -> east and accounts for the extra kick rockets get when they are launched east -> west. I have no idea which is which, or how they decide what to affect and what not to affect.

From moonbat passing along Dr. Bennett's explanation back at the old TWeb.

Comment

Originally posted by hansgeorg View Post
              The thread was not on the futility of the ancient geocentric worldview, but on its possibility.
              This response reinforces my view.

We know, you have your loyalties with modernity, anything reactionary seems like vampires to you.
              Your so close!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JonF View Post
                There's a inertial aether wind and an electromagnetic aether wind. One blows east -> west and accounts for the Foucault pendulum (yes, I know it doesn't). The other blows west -> east and accounts for the extra kick rockets get when they are launched east -> west. I have no idea which is which, or how they decide what to affect and what not to affect.
                The west - > east one is superfluous.

The east - > west one accounts for Foucault's pendulum, for the cannonball dropped from Tower in Pisa, for Geostationary Satellites (unless angelic spirits are involved).

Comment

The east - > west one accounts for Foucault's pendulum, for the cannonball dropped from Tower in Pisa, for Geostationary Satellites (unless angelic spirits are involved).
                  Yeah! In your view angelic spirits must be involved, because if not the satellites would drop from the heavens like cannon balls from the Tower of Pisa.

Comment

Yeah! In your view angelic spirits must be involved, because if not the satellites would drop from the heavens like cannon balls from the Tower of Pisa.
                    Check what I wrote on it, instead of depending on Roy's out of context half quote.

Ether going east - > west takes physical place with it, so a satellite locally standing more or less still is really doing an eastward vector in the aether.

Comment

Why bother with angelic spirits when little green pixies do the same exact thing?
                      "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

That means, if I understand it correctly, an electron has never actually been observed, since smaller than compton wavelength?

Dito for photon?
                        That would depend on what it means to say 'observe'.

Borrowing a bit from thomism here, we don't actually observe the esse of anything. You perceive a table, by the effects it has on your senses, and from that experience you reason that the table exists in front of you. We certainly observe the accidents of the electrons, their effects on instruments, or photographic film. They're uniquely identifiable, and we've pinned down their essential behavior fairly well.

Comment

What about satellites orbiting in the opposite direction of other satellites, the so-called retrograde orbit? Wouldn't those things basically be going 'against the wind' so to say? Why isn't the aether wind slowing them down and forcing them to move like the usual equatorial satellites.

Comment

You should have looked through my debate with Tom Trinko, I'll have to say it again:

The geostationary satellites are physically moving to the East in the Aether, the Aether is locally moving West, so, there is an Eastward vector for the satellite physically, despite there being no local displacement to the East.

It is only locally that they cancel out.

If there were no Eastward vector, satellite would follow Aether locally westward in a physical stillstand and fall down.
                            You've cancelled out the eastward movement (with an inconsistent handwave), and so you've guaranteed that the satellite will fall straight down. A satellite stays in orbit by having enough velocity parallel to the surface of the Earth that it keeps falling around the Earth and never hitting the ground. If it's not moving around the Earth, it's falling down to the ground.
                            Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Borrowing a bit from thomism here, we don't actually observe the esse of anything. You perceive a table, by the effects it has on your senses, and from that experience you reason that the table exists in front of you. We certainly observe the accidents of the electrons, their effects on instruments, or photographic film. They're uniquely identifiable, and we've pinned down their essential behavior fairly well.
                              You mean we observe effects of what is presumed to be the electrons of theory.

I'd rather compare it to observing effects of God on a larger scale - except the theory on electrons is about as specific as if one had claimed to deduce Holy Trinity and Incarnation from First Mover argument. Which at least St Thomas didn't try to do.

Their individual accidents are too small and fleeting for observation.

What about satellites orbiting in the opposite direction of other satellites, the so-called retrograde orbit? Wouldn't those things basically be going 'against the wind' so to say? Why isn't the aether wind slowing them down and forcing them to move like the usual equatorial satellites.
                              The aether isn't giving any momentum.

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                              You've cancelled out the eastward movement (with an inconsistent handwave), and so you've guaranteed that the satellite will fall straight down. A satellite stays in orbit by having enough velocity parallel to the surface of the Earth that it keeps falling around the Earth and never hitting the ground. If it's not moving around the Earth, it's falling down to the ground.
                              Replace "enough velocity parallel to the surface of the Earth" with "enough velocity through the aether".
                              Replace "if it's not moving around the Earth, it's falling down to the ground" with "if it's not moving through the aether, it's falling down to the ground".

Comment

Replace "enough velocity parallel to the surface of the Earth" with "enough velocity through the aether".
                                Replace "if it's not moving around the Earth, it's falling down to the ground" with "if it's not moving through the aether, it's falling down to the ground".
                                You're not grasping the geometry of the situation. Satellites are always falling toward the Earth, thanks to gravity. If they can't miss the ground by moving around the Earth, then they hit the ground. They can't miss the ground with your aether version.

I think you'd be better off going with JohnMartin's silly explanations: gravity doesn't work the way we think it does, and/or geostationary satellites are hoaxes.
                                Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment