Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

THE thread for climate skeptics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
    And you're a dumbass.
    Really? That is all you got?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Do, you actually don't want opinions from those who disagree with your opinions? What's the point of this thread then?
      Is it just the default on this forum now, that every time a conservatively minded person is removed that it must be because the opposition couldn't handle their disagreement?
      Last edited by Sea of red; 09-27-2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        Really? That is all you got?
        Are you going to discuss the science in this thread?

Comment

Sort of difficult to separate science from politics regarding this issue, isn't it? After all, every politician decides to deal with it according to "the science".

I think you are nitpicking, frankly. And you don't want to hear dissenting voices.
          I probably would have let it go on more had Teal dropped the attitude but as it stands, I didn't feel like dealing with it, or any of her political observations any further. If that makes me a censoring liberal nazi whatever, then so be it. I try to be patient with people but even I have my limits.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            Teallaura did not bring up legitimate scientific objections to thread, which was the purpose of the thread. She presented personal anecdotal experiences of incidents of 'weather,' problems of public opinion and perception of the public of science. Towards the end she resorted to name calling, and this is disruptive to the thread. If you can cite one post where she addresses specific scientific issues, please do.
            Pretty much.

If it was another topic and I had been the OP, I'd likely just let it go on. I've only removed people a few times: Jorge, LpoT, and Yo lunch one time a piece. But this is a scientific issue and I'd like people to be productive - instead of just rambling about politics. A persons inability to separate the two means they probably have nothing constructive to bring to the thread anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
              Are you going to discuss the science in this thread?
              The science does not concern me, what the leftist totalitarians do with the science is. And the hypocrites who fly around in private jets telling the rest of us how to live.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Do, you actually don't want opinions from those who disagree with your opinions? What's the point of this thread then?
                It's in the OP:

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                If you have questions about climate change, or you have alternative theories, then this is the place to voice them.

"I don't trust scientists because politics" isn't a question or an alternative theory.
                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

The science does not concern me, what the leftist totalitarians do with the science is. And the hypocrites who fly around in private jets telling the rest of us how to live.
                  I don't think there's anyone happy with the usage of personal jets, let alone by the supposed 'champions of the cause' (whoever they may be). It's kinda pointless to keep harping on it.
                  I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Then leave this thread and take your crazy ideology with you.

Comment

Yeah, well, I don't care enough about climate change to wade through pages of sludge to find posts. I just care whether someone is being tossed out of a thread unfairly.
                      How can you determine the latter without doing the former?
                      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                        I don't think there's anyone happy with the usage of personal jets, let alone by the supposed 'champions of the cause' (whoever they may be). It's kinda pointless to keep harping on it.
                        Why? They seek to control the rest of us while living the most lavish life styles. Why should I or anyone listen to them? They obviously don't think the problem is really that serious.

Last edited by seer; 09-27-2016, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Why? They seek to control the rest of us while living the most lavish life styles. Why should I or anyone listen to them? They obviously don't think the problem is really that serious.
                          Because it's irrelevant to the reality of climate change, because no one is arguing with you on this point, and because "I think we need to fix things" doesn't automatically translate into recognition of one's own shortcomings in the area (let alone change the need to fix things).

And it's completely off topic.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Talk science or leave the thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                              Because it's irrelevant to the reality of climate change, because no one is arguing with you on this point, and because "I think we need to fix things" doesn't automatically translate into recognition of one's own shortcomings in the area (let alone change the need to fix things).

And it's completely off topic.

Comment

• From your link:

"More than 1,500 business leaders and 40 heads of state or government will attend the January 21-24 meeting of the World Economic Forum (WEF) to network and discuss big themes, from the price of oil to the future of the Internet."

These aren't "the people who are supposed to know the most." Far from it.

I'm not going to respond to this further.
                                I'm not here anymore.

Comment