Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Even MORE [sigh] "non-existent evidence ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Three weeks later and not even an acknowledgment of the request. So much for "go to the ICR website and PM him."
    Uhmmm ... here's a radical idea: try again!

I'm a Biblical Creationist and on a few occasions I've had to send ICR/AiG/CMI questions more than once before receiving a response. I'm an adult and realize that they have a lot on their plate - they're not sitting around waiting for questions. It all depends on how much you are truly interested in getting answers. You waited three weeks; I would have repeated my request after 1.5-2 weeks. Squeaky wheel and all that. Stop being such a wuss.

As for O-Mudd's reply to you, a Biblical Creationist stole his girlfriend and he'll never forgive that.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post

I'm a Biblical Creationist and on a few occasions I've had to send ICR/AiG/CMI questions more than once before receiving a response. I'm an adult and realize that they have a lot on their plate - they're not sitting around waiting for questions. It all depends on how much you are truly interested in getting answers. You waited three weeks; I would have repeated my request after 1.5-2 weeks. Squeaky wheel and all that. Stop being such a wuss.

As for O-Mudd's reply to you, a Biblical Creationist stole his girlfriend and he'll never forgive that.

Jorge
      Keep the day job Jorge. A comedian you are not.

As for your dismissal of my reply - you dismiss what you can't deal with. That is how it always goes. You use the word dishonest in every other post, but the reality is the only one on these pages not able to deal with the truth and the data is yourself. You've not added 1 (one) post to this thread that actually indicates you understand the data, let alone can explain it in a Global Flood context.

And that is quite simply because you can't. The 'evidences' you start off with from your AIG 'web search' have been taken down 1 by 1. They can't stand even the most basic analysis. And you have no more to offer in their defense than AIG can. These are elements taken in isolation from other data, and as has been shown, in many cases in isolation from even their own data!

And that is how it always goes.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        When they do dare to venture into that arena - like when woodmorape (or was it someone else?) ventured into the thread on the old TWEB on residual c14/lake suigetsu, as soon as the discussion of the evidence was not going in his favor, he went directly to claiming those pointing out the problems with his ideas were not 'real' Christians.
        Baumgardner. And forget not "Socrates".

Walt Brown posted for a few days at the old Kansas Citizens For Science forum. When it was glaringly obvious that pasting blocks from the online version of his book with no discussion he disappeared.

Comment

Jorge
          This is at least the third time I've asked for a clarification on something from a YEC website and believe me I do know how to make a polite request (I got Richard Nixon to autograph something at a time he was absolutely refusing to sign anything). Maybe I'll try again.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by JonF View Post
            Baumgardner.
            Bingo!

Who can ever forget how on that thread about Radioisotopes and the Age of the Earth (RATE) he joined Tweb (pre-crash) only to storm off after only three or four posts darkly implying that those who dared disagree with him risked damnation (they will "face a judgment before a terrible Judge who will not look upon their mockings and blasphemies lightly"). Not exactly a scientific position.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Someone put it as "vanished in a puff of Pascal's wager".

Comment

Originally posted by JonF View Post
                Baumgardner. And forget not "Socrates".

Walt Brown posted for a few days at the old Kansas Citizens For Science forum. When it was glaringly obvious that pasting blocks from the online version of his book with no discussion he disappeared.
                Ah yes - thanks! I didn't think Woodmorappe was quite right.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I care the WORLD about science! That is precisely why - for decades - I've taken on the mission to seek out and expose science pretenders, pseudo-scientists and those that wish to promote Materialistic and other anti-Christian ideologies under the guise of "science". There is a tremendous - TREMENDOUS!!! - amount of that going on. Sadly, the vast majority of people do not openly admit this either due to ignorance or as part of a dishonest stealth strategy.

But, honestly, I do not expect you to accept any of that so go ahead and return to watching The Oprah Show.

Jorge
                  A dishonest stealth strategy would perfectly capture just about everything under creation "science."

These organizations exist solely to appeal right to your confirmation bias. They tell you want you want to believe is true, not what actually is.
                  Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
                    They tell you want you want to believe is true, not what actually is.
                    Maybe you should try sleeping off your drunken stupor before trying to compose a sentence.

Two words for you: check spelling

As for the rest of your post, the usual stupid nonsense from Atheists.

Jorge

Comment

I sent an e-mail to Brian Thomas at ICR. I'll let you know if I get a response (I also invited him here).
                      Sent another e-mail this morning

Comment

Sent another e-mail this morning
                        And...?
                        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          And...?
                          So - is Jorge gone forever? In spite of how annoying he can be, he basically seems to be the raison D'etre for Nat Sci. Without him around, there seems little to no incentive to have conversations. e.g. the top three threads are separated by 3 days each. 1 post every 3 days or so is getting pretty close to hanging up the 'closed' sign.

Jim
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-10-2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

So - is Jorge gone forever? In spite of how annoying he can be, he basically seems to be the raison D'etre for Nat Sci. Without him around, there seems little to no incentive to have conversations. e.g. the top three threads are separated by 3 days each. 1 post every 3 days or so is getting pretty close to hanging up the 'closed' sign.
                            I blame the US election. So many posters here are busy explaining that the only reason they are voting for Trumpton is to prevent Dollary becoming CINCTUS that there is no time for anything else.
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Jim
                              Jorge was on an enforced vacation that just ended a week or less ago. He'll probably be back when he reads a news story that upsets him or something on a YEC website that he can't really explain but will insist is devastating and really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                I blame the US election. So many posters here are busy explaining that the only reason they are voting for Trumpton is to prevent Dollary becoming CINCTUS that there is no time for anything else.
                                We get to pick between a holocaust and the apocalypse and are arguing which represents which.

Comment