Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Question ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
    If Warfield had your arrogant, know-it-all attitude, I likely would have.

If Warfield had a humble, speak-and-I'll-listen-attentively attitude [the opposite of yours] then he and I would have gotten along just fine.
    That is about par for the course. Jorge the great must see abject humility in those that approach him or he shall unleash his 'wrath'.

I also would have listened to him.
    Until the first time he questioned your assumptions or conclusions. At which point he would have felt your 'wrath'.

But I do have the advantage over Warfield - over 100 years of accumulated knowledge that Warfield did not have. Methinks that handicap is why Warfield held some of the beliefs that he did. We will never know, of course, but it would be great to know what his position would be if he knew what we know today. Of course, TEs/OECs like yourself do not have Warfield's excuse. You, O-Mudd, et al. are WILLINGLY ignorant and promoters of false/anti-Scriptural doctrine a.k.a. Evolutionism. How do you like them apples?

Jorge
    Indeed you do Jorge. Thus you have no excuse whatsoever for your position. Warfield was convinced by far less evidence that you have available to you.

The truth is Jorge, you'd have treated Warfield no differently that you do myself, Rogue or Kirk.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      That is about par for the course. Jorge the great must see abject humility in those that approach him or he shall unleash his 'wrath'.
      And it generally gets unleashed after a couple of posts any way if the person still has the temerity not to bow before Jorge and the enlightenment he deigns to bestow on us lesser people.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        During Warfield's time the evidence for evolution was really just formulating. In fact, Warfield was active during a period called "The Eclipse of Darwinism," which lasted from the 1880s through the first couple of decades of the 20th century. Since then the cross correlating, corroborating, consilient positive evidence from dozens of independent and different scientific disciplines in support of evolution continuously pours in on literally a daily basis.

IOW, Warfield lived back when one would have been far more justified in rejecting the scientific evidence in support of evolutionary theory than does someone today.

The only response to the above that is deserved:

Jorge

Comment

Until the first time he questioned your assumptions or conclusions. At which point he would have felt your 'wrath'.

Indeed you do Jorge. Thus you have no excuse whatsoever for your position. Warfield was convinced by far less evidence that you have available to you.

The truth is Jorge, you'd have treated Warfield no differently that you do myself, Rogue or Kirk.

Jim
          O-Mudd's relentless vilification agenda continues.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            And it generally gets unleashed after a couple of posts any way if the person still has the temerity not to bow before Jorge and the enlightenment he deigns to bestow on us lesser people.

R06 joins O-Mudd's relentless vilification agenda. Booooooring !!!

Jorge

Comment

O-Mudd's relentless vilification agenda continues.

Jorge
              For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Yep - what Jorge doesn't understand is that from the very first day I arrived at TWEB I was absolutely bent on vilifying Jorge. And for no reason at all of course - I've just always had it in for him. And the fact he literally ignores 99.9% of all scientific evidence, refuses most of the time to discuss it, has determined that all Christians that are not YEC are at best marginal but probably not real Christians at all, sought a fake PH.D to augment his credentials on a book he co-wrote, wrote a paper offering a YEC 'solution' to asteroid impacts on the Earth that he's been shown a thousand ways from Sunday isn't worth the cost of the paper it would take to print it has NOTHING to do with it of course.

No, and it would have nothing to do with a demonstrated lack of character, continuous boorish behavior, or anything like that as well.

None of that plays into it - I assure you! I just have it in for Jorge. No other reason.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Yep - what Jorge doesn't understand is that from the very first day I arrived at TWEB I was absolutely bent on vilifying Jorge. And for no reason at all of course - I've just always had it in for him. And the fact he literally ignores 99.9% of all scientific evidence, refuses most of the time to discuss it, has determined that all Christians that are not YEC are at best marginal but probably not real Christians at all, sought a fake PH.D to augment his credentials on a book he co-wrote, wrote a paper offering a YEC 'solution' to asteroid impacts on the Earth that he's been shown a thousand ways from Sunday isn't worth the cost of the paper it would take to print it has NOTHING to do with it of course.

No, and it would have nothing to do with a demonstrated lack of character, continuous boorish behavior, or anything like that as well.

None of that plays into it - I assure you! I just have it in for Jorge. No other reason.

No, I do not believe that you "just have it in for Jorge". I believe that you have it in for ALL Biblical Creationists.
                Jorge just happens to be the one accessible AND that does not cower AND that boldly calls a spade a spade.
                The combination of those three factors makes Jorge your personal "Public Enemy # 1" here on TWeb.
                The rest is just tactics and a ruse to distract whomever you (and your accomplices) can from the true issues and agendas.

That is what I believe.

None of that bothers me too much. Christ said it clearly (paraphrasing), 'They hate you because they hated Me first.'

Yup, TEs/OECs don't much like the biblical Christ because the biblical Christ does not foot their bill and so they fashioned their own "Christ" to satisfy their ideological agenda. It irks the living snot out of TEs/OECs to hear that truth expressed so in-your-face. Oh well, they can take two Extra-Strength Excedrin and call their doctor in the morning.

Jorge

Comment

No, I do not believe that you "just have it in for Jorge". I believe that you have it in for ALL Biblical Creationists.

This is just rich. So why do I have so many friends that are YEC?

Jorge just happens to be the one accessible AND that does not cower AND that boldly calls a spade a spade.
                  The combination of those three factors makes Jorge your personal "Public Enemy # 1" here on TWeb.
                  You are not Public Enemy #1. But you are paranoid and misguided and very hostile. Our interactions are as volatile as they are primarily because of who you are. You're an abrasive person with visions of megalomania that also happens to be YEC. You don't get along with almost everyone who posts here, including fellow YEC's. You are such a hostile soul that I don't think I've seen you get three posts without an insult to any normal person that ever posted in this area.

The rest is just tactics and a ruse to distract whomever you (and your accomplices) can from the true issues and agendas.
                  Ah - yes - my 'hidden agenda!' - so hidden I don't even know what it is! Your paranoia seems to grow each day.

That is what I believe.
                  We know.

None of that bothers me too much. Christ said it clearly (paraphrasing), 'They hate you because they hated Me first.'
                  Believe me - you are not Christ. And your problems here are NOT because you 'speak the truth'. Your problems here are because you are obnoxious, rude, arrogant and ignorant. And the more you get called on your ignorance of science and the Bible, the more obnoxious, rude, and arrogant you become.

Yup, TEs/OECs don't much like the biblical Christ because the biblical Christ does not foot their bill and so they fashioned their own "Christ" to satisfy their ideological agenda. It irks the living snot out of TEs/OECs to hear that truth expressed so in-your-face. Oh well, they can take two Extra-Strength Excedrin and call their doctor in the morning.

Jorge
                  Jorge - anyone can produce a negative response by being rude, obnoxious, and arrogant. Your poor standing here is not a measure of your holiness. Quite the opposite.

But it is an interesting formula - be rude, obnoxious and arrogant. Get a lot of negative responses. Then claim the negative is because of your mighty faith and pure presentation of the Gospel.

It's a real riot. But it's also a horrible example of Christian behavior.

Jim

Comment

You are not Public Enemy #1. But you are paranoid and misguided and very hostile. Our interactions are as volatile as they are primarily because of who you are. You're an abrasive person with visions of megalomania that also happens to be YEC. You don't get along with almost everyone who posts here, including fellow YEC's. You are such a hostile soul that I don't think I've seen you get three posts without an insult to any normal person that ever posted in this area.

Ah - yes - my 'hidden agenda!' - so hidden I don't even know what it is! Your paranoia seems to grow each day.

We know.

Believe me - you are not Christ. And your problems here are NOT because you 'speak the truth'. Your problems here are because you are obnoxious, rude, arrogant and ignorant. And the more you get called on your ignorance of science and the Bible, the more obnoxious, rude, and arrogant you become.

Jorge - anyone can produce a negative response by being rude, obnoxious, and arrogant. Your poor standing here is not a measure of your holiness. Quite the opposite.

But it is an interesting formula - be rude, obnoxious and arrogant. Get a lot of negative responses. Then claim the negative is because of your mighty faith and pure presentation of the Gospel.

Jim
                    Ironically, he has a martyr complex.
                    "The Lord loves a working man, don't trust whitey, see a doctor and get rid of it."

Navin R. Johnson

Comment

We know.

Jim

Jorge

Comment

Jorge
                        Jorge,

You are spending so much time here, not producing any information about information, that I seriously doubt you will be able to publish anything of sense on the topic, let alone any ground breaking idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by rwatts View Post
                          Jorge,

You are spending so much time here, not producing any information about information, that I seriously doubt you will be able to publish anything of sense on the topic, let alone any ground breaking idea.
                          As if you'd be able to tell one way or the other.

In any event, no, I don't spend "so much time here". I monitor my time carefully. Most of the nonsense posted on TWeb (such as yours above) can be dispensed in just a few minutes. I wish I got something of substance here that required serious time, reflection and debate. Alas, it's like trying to get blood out of a bag of dried turnips.

Lastly - and I've stated this before - I regard this place mostly as amusement. I come here, rattle the cages, and then stand back to listen to the shrieking and howling. It's quite funny, actually.

Okay, you may now resume your howling.

Jorge

Comment

I wish I got something of substance here that required serious time, reflection and debate.

Jorge
                            You never did answer my question on information, did you Jorge. You didn't even address my definition of it.
                            Last edited by rwatts; 07-02-2016, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rwatts View Post
                              You never did answer my question on information, did you Jorge. You didn't even address my definition of it.
                              I DID respond to your request.
                              It's not my fault that you have a comprehension handicap.
                              Or maybe you will try to also pin that on me (?).
                              Yeah, pretty soon bad-ol'-Jorge will be responsible for rainy days.

Jorge

Comment

I DID respond to your request.
                                ?

Point out where Jorge.

(You say you will address questions on information. So I ask about information in the context of DNA, and you "respond" by asking what I mean by information in the context of DNA.

That is a response, but it's not sensible.)

And I did define information in the context of DNA and you offered nothing by way of any response.
                                Last edited by rwatts; 07-02-2016, 04:12 PM.

Comment