Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Templeton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Templeton

http://science.sciencemag.org/conten...&et_cid=434140

While this kind of stuff can be a bit subversive, I really don't see anything wrong with it.

Good on Templeton and good on the researchers for taking it.

Other opinions?

Not much to go by from the summary but it sounds a bit like they are looking at Lamarckism.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Source: http://science.sciencemag.org/content/352/6284/394?utm_campaign=toc_sci-mag_2016-04-21&et_rid=54857669&et_cid=434140

Critics are against evolutionary biologists accepting this money and argue that evolutionary theory already embraces the best of these ideas.

© Copyright Original Source

Fe Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of a snake oil salesman, . . or some scientists have too much time on their hands to to real science.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Source: http://science.sciencemag.org/content/352/6284/394?utm_campaign=toc_sci-mag_2016-04-21&et_rid=54857669&et_cid=434140

Critics are against evolutionary biologists accepting this money and argue that evolutionary theory already embraces the best of these ideas.

© Copyright Original Source

Fe Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of a snake oil salesman, . . or some scientists have too much time on their hands to to real science.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Sure let them go ahead. I would like to see some of these 'ideas' that did not correspond to the expectations of that model so let them continue investigating other possibilities. So far the above specialties, which I believe are explainable by the theory of evolution. Beyond this all I have seen is anecdotal conjecture.
          Last edited by shunyadragon; 04-22-2016, 09:56 AM.

Comment