Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Is the Earth Flat? - Some Evidence Presented

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnMartin View Post
    And the nose of the plane is not tipped up to climb the sagitta, nor tipped down to descend from the sagitta. The 747 nose is always at the same angle once the 747 reaches its flight altitude. The lack of change in 747 nose angle indicates there is no climb, nor decent from the earths sagitta. Hence the flights indicate a flat earth.

In fact the 747 nose must always be tipped to prevent the 747 from being directed away from the curved earth. As this does not happen to the 747, the flight occurs as though the earth is flat.

JM
    Nutcase keeps showing he doesn't understand how aircraft work.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      No they wouldn't nutcase because jet streams are caused by the earth's rotation and heat from the sun, so how could jet streams exist on your flat, not rotating earth model when they are caused by a rotating earth? You really haven't got a clue what you're talking about, do you?
      The jet streams are moving in the wrong direction if the earth rotates.

JM

Comment

Are you single or divorced? Same reason.

JM
        Been married for over 5 years now nutcase, but do keep trying. Let me guess, I should be barefoot and pregnant, while making my husband a sandwich? Right?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The jet streams are moving in the wrong direction if the earth rotates.

JM
          Might want to learn how jet streams work, nutcase.
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You can punch in the numbers on the link I gave you. The sagitta distance means the plane must fly as though within an ever inclining atmospheric tunnel, then reach the high point of the arc and then fly down the declining atmospheric tunnel. All of this is ignored because he commercial flights have flight paths that do not account for the sagitta. Such means commercial flights operate as though the planes fly over a flat plane surface. In practice, flights are made over a flat plane. The 747 ascends to 30,000 ft, then stays at 30,000 ft, then descends to land. The flight path of a 747 is not that of an object over a curved surface, but of an object over a long, flat surface. Commercial flight is in practice evidence for a flat earth.

JM
            So what's the nutcase distance between LAX and NRT?

YOU do the calculation since it's YOUR wacknut claim.

Do you think airlines are intentionally avoiding this multi-million dollar fuels savings option?

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
              So what's the nutcase distance between LAX and NRT?

YOU do the calculation since it's YOUR wacknut claim.

Do you think airlines are intentionally avoiding this multi-million dollar fuels savings option?
              Of course because everybody is trying to hide The TruthTM for some unknown reason that not even JM seems to be able to produce.
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And the nose of the plane is not tipped up to climb the sagitta, nor tipped down to descend from the sagitta. The 747 nose is always at the same angle once the 747 reaches its flight altitude. The lack of change in 747 nose angle indicates there is no climb, nor decent from the earths sagitta. Hence the flights indicate a flat earth.

In fact the 747 nose must always be tipped to prevent the 747 from being directed away from the curved earth. As this does not happen to the 747, the flight occurs as though the earth is flat.

JM
                What are "sagitta"?

The airplane levels off when it reaches cruising altitude. Then it remains more or less level (horizontal) = perpendicular to the gravity vector (more or less Earth's surface) at that point.

Comment

Of course because everybody is trying to hide The TruthTM for some unknown reason that not even JM seems to be able to produce.
                  The airlines admit they have a cruise altitude. This infers the plane does not change the nose angle in space. This lack of change in 747 nose angle indicates a cruise level which is constant and therefore over a flat earth surface. The globalists treat flights like the atmosphere was a flat body of gas, through which the plane ascends to cruise altitude, then moves horizontally, to then descend and then land at the airport. The globalists also push the earth as a globe with the atmosphere are a layer curved around the earth. Apparently the globalists have the atmosphere flat when they need it in the 747 flight, but then curved when we see it from a satellite picture. Go figure.

Apparently the eclectic nature of the globalist claims must be ignored, like ignoring the earths motion through space when launching a satellite. Its all very convenient and doesn't stand up to logical scrutiny.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                    What are "sagitta"?

The airplane levels off when it reaches cruising altitude. Then it remains more or less level (horizontal) = perpendicular to the gravity vector (more or less Earth's surface) at that point.
                    They only remain perpendicular to the gravity vector if the earth is flat because the 747 nose is always at the same angle. The 747 cruises without a constant change in nose angle to account for earth curvature. The earth's sagitta is not accounted for in practice with commercial flights.

JM

Comment

Been married for over 5 years now nutcase, but do keep trying. Let me guess, I should be barefoot and pregnant, while making my husband a sandwich? Right?
                      The foul mouth is not a home then, right? Apparently God only exists when the hubby is around.

JM

Comment

The foul mouth is not a home then, right? Apparently God only exists when the hubby is around.

JM
                        And yet again, it's interesting that others call you a 'nutcase' and a 'nutjob' and not a word about their 'foul mouth', but I call you one and you throw a fit over it. Why is that, nutcase?
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Might want to learn how jet streams work, nutcase.
                          Take a good look at yourself. You assume the earth moves W-E, then the JS moves W-E, when it should move E-W, for there is no physical mechanism to account for the atmosphere moving with the rotating earth.

Your physics assumes much fantasy world without mechanism or logic.

JM

Comment

Take a good look at yourself. You assume the earth moves W-E, then the JS moves W-E, when it should move E-W, for there is no physical mechanism to account for the atmosphere moving with the rotating earth.

Your physics assumes much fantasy world without mechanism or logic.

JM
                            The mechanism is the sun heating the earth's atmosphere, but do keep trying nutcase.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And yet again, it's interesting that others call you a 'nutcase' and a 'nutjob' and not a word about their 'foul mouth', but I call you one and you throw a fit over it. Why is that, nutcase?
                              Why? Contraception is a sin that affects the passions. A passionate person like to act violently towards others. The violence is usually a self righteous projection of ones own deficiencies into others. Protestant Christianity is almost entirely false, especially in the area of sexual ethics. Catholic sexual ethics is almost entirely ignored by Catholics as well. The result? Violence at home and abroad.

JM

Comment

The mechanism is the sun heating the earth's atmosphere, but do keep trying nutcase.
                                Whilst ignoring the other problems in the eclectic world of Newtonian physics.

JM

Comment