Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Is the Earth Flat? - Some Evidence Presented

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    Given that JM is Australian you think he would already know this point

Flying direct from Auckland, New Zealand (using my country rather than his) it is a 10,324km flight to Buenos Aires*. Flying direct to Los Angeles it is a 10,498 km flight*. Using John's model in the OP the Los Angeles flight should be significantly shorter. AND the quickest route would take us over the North Pole rather than across the Pacific Ocean.
    Once again, John's model has been proven false.

* source for flight data: http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/sched...NZ&language=EN
    I recently checked some other flights from Sydney to Buenos Aires on http://www.skyscanner.com.au/

Jetstar
    JQ515
    13:40 SYD Sydney Kingsford Smith 1h 35
    15:15 MEL Melbourne Tullamarine

Connect in airport
    Long wait 12h 15
    Emirates
    EK409
    03:30(+1) MEL Melbourne Tullamarine 16h 25
    12:55 DXB Dubai

Connect in airport
    Long wait 18h 15
    Emirates
    EK247
    07:10(+1) DXB Dubai 19h 35
    19:45 EZE Buenos Aires Ministro Pistarini
    Arrives: Saturday, 20 Feb 2016Journey duration: 68h 05
    Apparently such a flight fits the flat earth model quite well. The flight on a global earth goes from the southern hemisphere to the northern, then back to the southern again. Very odd flight path for a globe, which seems to make more sense for a flat earth model.

Another flight says

OUTBOUND - Thursday, 18 Feb 2016
    Qantas
    QF149
    18:40 SYD Sydney Kingsford Smith 3h 10
    23:50 AKL Auckland International

Connect in airport
    Long wait 18h 45
    LAN Airlines
    LA800
    18:35(+1) AKL Auckland International 11h 20
    13:55 SCL Santiago Arturo Merino Benitez

Connect in airport
    1h 10
    LAN Airlines
    LA445
    15:05 SCL Santiago Arturo Merino Benitez 1h 55
    17:00 EZE Buenos Aires Ministro Pistarini
    Arrives: Friday, 19 Feb 2016Journey duration: 36h 20
    The 18 hour wait over in Auckland may be a fraudulent claim, although not an impossible claim, to cover over an excessive flight duration to South America.

My current understanding is the FEer's have some disagreement over the map location of the continents to account for flight paths. Maybe its difficult to determine what flights are real and what are fake. Then use the real ones to construct a map.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnMartin View Post
      How can a space pod travel through this? Wouldn't the temp fry everything? Seems so.
      How can a space pod travel through this? Easily.

From wikipedia:
      Last edited by Roy; 02-10-2016, 05:13 AM.
      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

So now no pressure in the cabin, which means the astronauts breathed from what? Nothing in the pod, nothing in the PLSS units, for they were being thrown out. How? What a load of crap.

How did they pressurize the cabin and where did the air come from?
        Look at a schematic of the spacecraft sometime. It had large oxygen tanks. Before you dive into incredulity, it would help if you took a few minutes to research the topic.
        Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

You can check the flat earth claims by climbing a mountain and noting the horizon rising to your eye level as you climb. If the earth was a globe, the higher you climbed, the lower you would have to look down to see the horizon.
          Have you ever actually been outside?
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

You have also ignored the fact that objects such as Reunion island can be seen from Mauritius Island, which is about 230km away. At this distance the curvature would predict one island lower than the other by about 8x142x142x0.3014/12 = 4,051m
            Since the Piton de la Fournaise volcano on Reunion is 7km high, that still leaves 3km of mountain visible above the horizon.

Should I add "mountains" to the cluelessness list? You seem to think they are flat.

Comment

I was close -

How can a space pod travel through this? Wouldn't the temp fry everything? Seems so.

JM
              Big difference between temperature and heat capacity. Not that you could understand.

Comment

• "The 18 hour wait over in Auckland may be a fraudulent claim, although not an impossible claim, to cover over an excessive flight duration to South America."

Yeah because people won't know the difference between sitting on a plane for 18 hours verses sitting in an airport for 18 hours.

Another problem with flat earth: Constellations.

John, you have never seen the big dipper from Australia because it is only visible in the Northern hemisphere. And we in the North have never seen the southern cross because it is only visible in the southern hemisphere. That would not be true on a flat earth. And your dumbass "perspective" excuse doesn't work here because the stars are a lot further away than the sun, even in your idiotic universe. So they would not be behind some imaginary flatearth horizon.

Also Orion appears 180 degrees turned around in the southern hemisphere than in the Northern. That can only happen if you are on a sphere.

Not only that, but the moon appears upside down in the southern hemisphere compared to the northern. Again, only on a sphere.

3787227_08d1a222ee.jpg

Comment

I recently checked some other flights from Sydney to Buenos Aires on http://www.skyscanner.com.au/

Apparently such a flight fits the flat earth model quite well. The flight on a global earth goes from the southern hemisphere to the northern, then back to the southern again. Very odd flight path for a globe, which seems to make more sense for a flat earth model.

Another flight says

The 18 hour wait over in Auckland may be a fraudulent claim, although not an impossible claim, to cover over an excessive flight duration to South America.
                  Unless the airline is flying the route to pick up more passengers and increase their profits. Unless they are connecting flights operated by different airlines that operate on different schedules.

You've never flown on a commercial jet plane, have you?

Comment

• Also, on a flat earth you could never have a lunar eclipse, where the earth is between the sun and the moon and casts a shadow on the moon. Impossible since the earth never comes between the earth and moon on a flat earth.

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13116[/ATTACH]
                        Busted!

drama.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]13116[/ATTACH]
                          Who's arguing? I'm just laughing at his ineptitude.

Comment

• I think I will hold out for a 2D universe. Every video on nasa's website is 2D, therefore the universe is 2D. Prove me wrong.

People keep telling me to just look around and I will know the world is 3D, but I just don't see it.

148287844.jpg
                            Last edited by Sparko; 02-10-2016, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              Who's arguing? I'm just laughing at his ineptitude.
                              So am I. But the difference is like sitting back and watching the antics of the village idiot and engaging with the village idiot.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                I think I will hold out for a 2D universe. Every video on nasa's website is 2D, therefore the universe is 2D. Prove me wrong.

People keep telling me to just look around and I will know the world is 3D, but I just don't see it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13127[/ATTACH]
                                I think we should go with the camouflaged reptilian space aliens living among us.

Comment